Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.2 Released - SHA256, Automatic Backups & more inside - page 2. (Read 5345 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
[....] Are you around by chance today to verify a new installer build I just put together that it doesn't request admin first?  [...]

Hey, I can test this now. From where I should download the installer that runs without admin rights?
I downloaded from official site but it doesn't look new.

http://www.neoscoin.com/windows should be the same one from the site.  If you run it, you'll see a different installation path now.

Best regards,

syntaks
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
[....] Are you around by chance today to verify a new installer build I just put together that it doesn't request admin first?  [...]

Hey, I can test this now. From where I should download the installer that runs without admin rights?
I downloaded from official site but it doesn't look new.
legendary
Well, it won't get past that screen until I let it have admin rights, so the folder choice was at later stage.

So I went ahead as admin, then in next steps I changed the installation location  to C:/Neos...     Then after installation I ran the launcher with standard user rights.

It is working but I don't know where it is fetching the wallet from, because when I launch wallet using new launcher, it still says v2.0.1b at the bottom.
 Since I have used many older versions, i have wallet data in 3 different locations now:
C:/Users/username/app data/roaming/neos
C:/Program Files (86)/Neos
C:/Neos

Really confuse on how to uninstall the older versions

I think I've found the cause for this as well as some other issues some users noticed.  Are you around by chance today to verify a new installer build I just put together that it doesn't request admin first?  I'll be posting my updates and details after I've put this through a few trials.

Best regards,

syntaks

I am at work now, but I'll definitely download the latest installer and report back once I get to home.

Appreciate you acting as quick as possible on bug fixes!

I try my best to resolve them as soon as they come in.  Sometimes it just takes a bit more time to find the cause and test before releasing a solution.  Let me know how things turn out!

Best regards,

syntaks
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
Well, it won't get past that screen until I let it have admin rights, so the folder choice was at later stage.

So I went ahead as admin, then in next steps I changed the installation location  to C:/Neos...     Then after installation I ran the launcher with standard user rights.

It is working but I don't know where it is fetching the wallet from, because when I launch wallet using new launcher, it still says v2.0.1b at the bottom.
 Since I have used many older versions, i have wallet data in 3 different locations now:

I think I've found the cause for this as well as some other issues some users noticed.  Are you around by chance today to verify a new installer build I just put together that it doesn't request admin first?  I'll be posting my updates and details after I've put this through a few trials.

Best regards,

syntaks

I am at work now, but I'll definitely download the latest installer and report back once I get to home.

Appreciate you acting as quick as possible on bug fixes!
legendary
I discovered the issue and corrected it as detailed here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neos-2-0-2-windows-installer-updated-issues-found-and-resolved/344

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary

The whole move from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 has proven a pain for some folks.  I'm considering writing an "uninstaller" for the old version.  Could I teamview in and clean this all up for you?  Not everyone is having these issues, but even for the few that are I'm probably going to end up putting together a guide for migration.  This is one of the things 2.0.2 was built to avoid, it's just a matter of moving away from the old structure and onto the new so that future updates are smooth.

Best regards,

syntaks
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!

legendary
Cool...! So many improvements over previous version.

I am currently using v2.0.1b on Windows
Is the upgrade process as simple as downloading the latest executable and installing it?

More or less, but be sure you don't run/install the new Neos as administrator.  That was one of the focal points with this new system was to avoid requiring admin at all.  The launcher removes that necessity.  Just let me know if you have any issues whatsoever and we'll straighten them out.

Best regards,

syntaks

I am trying to install as standard user, but it asks me this every time:

Should I go ahead and install it as administrator?

Select a location outside of Program Files for your wallet. For example: C:\Wallets, My Documents\Neos etc.  Program Files is "special" on Windows.  Let me know if that solves the issue for you.

Best regards,

syntaks
sgk
legendary
!! HODL !!
Cool...! So many improvements over previous version.

I am currently using v2.0.1b on Windows
Is the upgrade process as simple as downloading the latest executable and installing it?

More or less, but be sure you don't run/install the new Neos as administrator.  That was one of the focal points with this new system was to avoid requiring admin at all.  The launcher removes that necessity.  Just let me know if you have any issues whatsoever and we'll straighten them out.

Best regards,

syntaks

I am trying to install as standard user, but it asks me this every time:

Should I go ahead and install it as administrator?

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
It's all great, but this...

I'm trying to completely eliminate all of the "guess work" for anyone coming into Neos so that they can not only have a smoother experience with Neos but get a better idea for what crypto can do and what it's capable of.  

...is the "basic-key" in my eyes. Currently maybe too less people in Crypto recognize how important stability and user-friendliness will become.
legendary
What is your long term goal for this coin, and how do you plan on marketing your product? I just want to know where this coin is headed. Thanks!

Long-term I'm really wanting to go into a more supportive/functional role for merchants and usability in terms of being able to buy products using Neos.  This isn't something that'll happen overnight, but as we gain more visibility in the crypto space and continue development, it's definitely an achievable goal.  There are a few keystone details that need to be in place and they've been getting developed each piece by piece daily.  In the past I've mentioned we needed a more stable way to operate/control Neos that was more directed towards new users and veteran users alike so I wrote the launcher.  That being said in the past it was more a technically-inclined product if you want to label it that where it was "if you are familiar with how crypto works, you'll get around these glitches".  I'm trying to completely eliminate all of the "guess work" for anyone coming into Neos so that they can not only have a smoother experience with Neos but get a better idea for what crypto can do and what it's capable of.  We're trying to get supported by Casheer, whom I've heard as a really nice API which I could work some wonders with.  Currently, coingateway.net's API isn't ready just yet but given their track record I'm more than confident they'll be a viable option for bridging that crypto <-> merchant gap.  We have mobile development being explored by believe it or not - community members.  The future of Neos as I see it is bright if for no other reason than the community we have involved.  I'm just another guy stuck to his chair coding, but the community is really the lifeblood of Neos - they keep the heart pumping.

Right now my focus is on the security mechanisms I've already touched on and displayed in the youtube video.  I've just been layering a stronger foundation to enable that to happen as seamlessly and painlessly as possible.  There are a few hardware development prototypes as well but those details won't be released until we have a functional prototype that I can actually give away to some community members for testing.  We have a lot of exciting things going on behind closed doors and for no other reason we're not going into details because we want to be sure of them instead of just talking about them.  I'm really excited though to say the least because this has to be the most enjoyable time I've ever spent at a keyboard throughout my time.  It's being a part of something bigger and the ability to let our creative juices flow freely is a beautiful thing.

As it stands I'm just working on a list of kinks that were submitted to me by people that while they're not "critical", they're annoying and I won't be able to sleep unless I take care of them.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks for taking your time to reply back to me. It means a lot to have such an active dev. I'm excited to see where Neos is headed after reading this post. Can't wait for future developments!

I'm here working on Neos if I'm awake so to not respond to people would just be pretty rude.  I'm at the community's disposal and happy to be.
Activity: 234
Merit: 1
What is your long term goal for this coin, and how do you plan on marketing your product? I just want to know where this coin is headed. Thanks!

Long-term I'm really wanting to go into a more supportive/functional role for merchants and usability in terms of being able to buy products using Neos.  This isn't something that'll happen overnight, but as we gain more visibility in the crypto space and continue development, it's definitely an achievable goal.  There are a few keystone details that need to be in place and they've been getting developed each piece by piece daily.  In the past I've mentioned we needed a more stable way to operate/control Neos that was more directed towards new users and veteran users alike so I wrote the launcher.  That being said in the past it was more a technically-inclined product if you want to label it that where it was "if you are familiar with how crypto works, you'll get around these glitches".  I'm trying to completely eliminate all of the "guess work" for anyone coming into Neos so that they can not only have a smoother experience with Neos but get a better idea for what crypto can do and what it's capable of.  We're trying to get supported by Casheer, whom I've heard as a really nice API which I could work some wonders with.  Currently, coingateway.net's API isn't ready just yet but given their track record I'm more than confident they'll be a viable option for bridging that crypto <-> merchant gap.  We have mobile development being explored by believe it or not - community members.  The future of Neos as I see it is bright if for no other reason than the community we have involved.  I'm just another guy stuck to his chair coding, but the community is really the lifeblood of Neos - they keep the heart pumping.

Right now my focus is on the security mechanisms I've already touched on and displayed in the youtube video.  I've just been layering a stronger foundation to enable that to happen as seamlessly and painlessly as possible.  There are a few hardware development prototypes as well but those details won't be released until we have a functional prototype that I can actually give away to some community members for testing.  We have a lot of exciting things going on behind closed doors and for no other reason we're not going into details because we want to be sure of them instead of just talking about them.  I'm really excited though to say the least because this has to be the most enjoyable time I've ever spent at a keyboard throughout my time.  It's being a part of something bigger and the ability to let our creative juices flow freely is a beautiful thing.

As it stands I'm just working on a list of kinks that were submitted to me by people that while they're not "critical", they're annoying and I won't be able to sleep unless I take care of them.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks for taking your time to reply back to me. It means a lot to have such an active dev. I'm excited to see where Neos is headed after reading this post. Can't wait for future developments!
legendary

Long-term I'm really wanting to go into a more supportive/functional role for merchants and usability in terms of being able to buy products using Neos.  This isn't something that'll happen overnight, but as we gain more visibility in the crypto space and continue development, it's definitely an achievable goal.  There are a few keystone details that need to be in place and they've been getting developed each piece by piece daily.  In the past I've mentioned we needed a more stable way to operate/control Neos that was more directed towards new users and veteran users alike so I wrote the launcher.  That being said in the past it was more a technically-inclined product if you want to label it that where it was "if you are familiar with how crypto works, you'll get around these glitches".  I'm trying to completely eliminate all of the "guess work" for anyone coming into Neos so that they can not only have a smoother experience with Neos but get a better idea for what crypto can do and what it's capable of.  We're trying to get supported by Casheer, whom I've heard as a really nice API which I could work some wonders with.  Currently, coingateway.net's API isn't ready just yet but given their track record I'm more than confident they'll be a viable option for bridging that crypto <-> merchant gap.  We have mobile development being explored by believe it or not - community members.  The future of Neos as I see it is bright if for no other reason than the community we have involved.  I'm just another guy stuck to his chair coding, but the community is really the lifeblood of Neos - they keep the heart pumping.

Right now my focus is on the security mechanisms I've already touched on and displayed in the youtube video.  I've just been layering a stronger foundation to enable that to happen as seamlessly and painlessly as possible.  There are a few hardware development prototypes as well but those details won't be released until we have a functional prototype that I can actually give away to some community members for testing.  We have a lot of exciting things going on behind closed doors and for no other reason we're not going into details because we want to be sure of them instead of just talking about them.  I'm really excited though to say the least because this has to be the most enjoyable time I've ever spent at a keyboard throughout my time.  It's being a part of something bigger and the ability to let our creative juices flow freely is a beautiful thing.

Best regards,

syntaks
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★

Don't hesitate to ask your question here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#neoscoin
Lead dev is available almost 24h there
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Great coin to hold. New investors on Trex. Smiley

I heard someone "of importance" announced his support for neos just a few hours ago...so him and his followers who arent already in and probably buying in as we speak =)
I've been hearing nothing but good things lately about Neos but I have a question where do you mine this coin? any pools available?

look here neoscoin.com in the linst of mining pools
Thanks mate Smiley I missed that in the OP but found it after actually reading a little more into it Wink Cheers
Activity: 234
Merit: 1
legendary
YESSSS neos is alive and kickinnnnnn

We have always been =)
legendary
Agree. Neos is treasure of crypto with good team and the professional and awesome lead developer. Carefully watching this project several months in a row. See only great future

Best regards to Syntaks

You're too kind and thank you very much.  We'll keep doing the best that we can.

Best regards,

syntaks
legendary
Great coin to hold. New investors on Trex. Smiley

I heard someone "of importance" announced his support for neos just a few hours ago...so him and his followers who arent already in and probably buying in as we speak =)
I've been hearing nothing but good things lately about Neos but I have a question where do you mine this coin? any pools available?

We have a pool list over at http://neoscoin.com/#pools and if you have any issues with any of them please let me know.

Best regards,

syntaks
Pages:
Jump to: