Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Testing Project - page 2. (Read 9163 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
May 07, 2012, 04:56:46 PM
What can I do ?

Are there some bounties or something ?
Activity: 552
Merit: 622
May 07, 2012, 04:51:16 PM
Great!
I can audit the security of the new source code added from now on, and try to find vulnerabilities in the source code already written. This proposal is related to the one in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vulnerability-bounties-proposal-79830

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
May 07, 2012, 04:40:45 PM
I think most of what I'll be able to do is bug reporting and fundraising. Let me know when you get the donations wallet set up!
I setup the wallet this afternoon, the donation address was:  (defunct address, don't send coins...)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
May 07, 2012, 03:46:33 PM
I'll help out!

I think most of what I'll be able to do is bug reporting and fundraising. Let me know when you get the donations wallet set up!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
May 07, 2012, 02:04:24 PM
Testing changes to Bitcoin-Qt continues to be a chronic problem, and as alternative implementations of Bitcoin start to mature testing to make sure that they interoperate correctly and don't harm the network will become a big problem.

Therefore, I'm creating a decentralized, transparent organization using the BetterMeans system. I'll need help from people willing to be fundraisers, testers, project managers, toolmakers, troll-catchers, etc.

I'll create and hold a secure wallet that will be used for donations (at least until the project gets mature enough to turn over that responsibility to somebody else), but we'll use the BetterMeans "Credits" system so that everybody working on the project collaboratively decides who gets what, and what the priorities aught to be.

So: it is easy to talk about stuff like this, who's willing to help make it happen?  Send me an email at [email protected] if this sounds like a project you'd like to help with, describing what you think the highest priorities for the project aught to be, how you could contribute, how much time you could contribute per week, and any relevant prior experience.
Pages:
Jump to: