Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Casascius-compatible address tool for Android. - page 3. (Read 4277 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Reserved for future updates.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
So I've had this old Android phone laying around for ages and I kept thinking, what could I do with this? I decided one day that a simple app combined with airplane mode would make it an ideal offline brain-wallet, but no such utility seemed to exist. I finally got tired of waiting for someone else to get around to it and built it myself.

I introduce to you, the Android Bitcoin Address Tool:

It's pretty basic, but it does exactly what it was built for - it produces a Bitcoin address and associated private key from the an SHA256 hash of a passphrase. I also went to great lengths to ensure that the operations are bit-for-bit compatible with Casascius' already existing Bitcoin Address Utility as you can see from screenshot #2:

Same passphrase, same results.

It should be noted that this is very young code. I've done my best to trap for errors but it should be considered beta and just as with Casascius' utility, no warranty is implied. I also haven't implemented any code to validate Casascius-style SHACodes (Mini Privkey Format), so if you don't type your code correctly, that's on you.  Grin

Want to support the project? Donations of BTC are accepted at the address in my signature, or there's a 99 cent donation version available in the marketplace.

Want to peek at the source and make sure I'm not some nasty trojan-planting H4XX0R waiting to steal your wallet? Go grab my code from the GitHub repo and poke through it yourself (or wait for / bribe someone else to do it). BitcoinJ et al carry their own licenses of course, but my own code (the stuff in the .java files as opposed to .jar) carries a "do whatever you want with it I really don't care" license.

Questions? Comments? Feature requests? Shoot me a reply or PM and I'll do what I can - or in the case of feature requests, feel free to fork it yourself if you know a little Java.
Pages:
Jump to: