Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client - page 45. (Read 274534 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
I'd suggest an E instead of a B

If you drop the B it's tough to get the link with bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
I'd suggest an E instead of a B
legendary
As I said electrum is an allow of silver and gold, so I thought about something like that:

I'm not very good in image processing so I guess someone could make it look better, but you get the idea.
legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
A proposal:

legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
The new Electrum team is very creative and enthusiastic but with ThomasV the project seemed a bit more "down-to-earth" to me.

The cartoon logo makes the client look like a kiddy game software.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
By the way Spirited Away is fantastic.

Fore a logo what about the same Bitcoin logo but with an E instead of a B?

The logo should really have a least some reference directly with Bitcoin, as it is a Bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
It's not hate (on my part), just a desire for it to have a unique and identifying symbol. when I think of Electrum, I think more in line with the image  Thomas describes than a reused cartoon character. I would be happy to donate some bitcoin to an artist that came up with something unique and "atomicly bitcoinish".
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
I put it back. Didn't realise no face would get so much hate.

Anyone curious about the reason:

http://spiritedaway.wikia.com/wiki/No-Face_%28Kaonashi%29

As a lonely creature who seeks attention from Chihiro after having developed an obsession for her kind heart, No-Face first appeared a very timid and soft-spoken spirit whose vocabulary consisted of grunts and moans as opposed to understandable words. Not knowing much about The Bathhouse or about other spirits in general, No-Face learned by example. Exposed to the crooked thoughts and greed of the workers, he quickly grew to encompass their personalities, hoping that his endeavor to be like those around Chihiro would eventually garner her affection for him, but ultimately bringing about the opposite effect.

With his assumed large amount of wealth No-Face became a sensation with the workers who constantly begged for tips from him. After witnessing Chihiro reject his offering of gold, No-Face sadly drops the gold onto the ground, forcing greedy workers to fight for a piece. Angered in assuming that a worker insulted him, No-Face swallows two more people as his true face is revealed to the fearful workers.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

my initial plan was to have a logo that would look like this:

- this represents electrons orbiting atom nucleus
 - symbolizes the client-server architecture of Electrum
 - the nucleus could be replaced with a bitcoin coin (current logo).
 - colors: lightning, maybe pale blue or green like in the Tron movie.

MUST be THIS!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I find the new logo ugly and meaningless. what do you guys think?

I concur. Maybe we can design something specific for Electrum.

I agree, I also question why? What was wrong withe the old one?

It was the bitcoin logo.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks

I agree, I also question why? What was wrong withe the old one?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Maybe we can design something specific for Electrum.

my initial plan was to have a logo that would look like this:

- this represents electrons orbiting atom nucleus
 - symbolizes the client-server architecture of Electrum
 - the nucleus could be replaced with a bitcoin coin (current logo).
 - colors: lightning, maybe pale blue or green like in the Tron movie.

(I never did it because I suck at drawing)
legendary

The word "electrum" describes an allow of gold and silver.

Then, why not start with the generic bitcoin logo, and give it a yellow-gray bicolor?
I will definitely NOT use the client with the new (awful) logo!

Merit: 1002
I suspect it is a joke.

I think it's much better and more appropriate than a Guy Fawkes mask, but the context it's used still doesn't seem very relevant.
legendary
Amir recently changed the bitcoin logo used in Electrum with a 'noface' logo:

old logo : new logo :

I have previously announced that I will no longer take part in development, but I believe that such a change should involve a prior discussion with the community.

What the hell??  It's also an obvious reference to the japanese cineast Miyazaki:

I really wonder what genjix was thinking about, as this has no relation to bitcoin whatsoever.  I suspect it is a joke.
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Amir recently changed the bitcoin logo used in Electrum with a 'noface' logo:

old logo : new logo :

I have previously announced that I will no longer take part in development, but I believe that such a change should involve a prior discussion with the community.

Hi Tachikoma, FYI:

Tachikoma was kind enough to upgrade the electrum.bytesized-hosting.com server already, could you try to connect to that one?

it looks like that server's working Smiley

Awesome, thanks for the update!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1016
When I run Electrum I get the following error:
Connected to ecdsa.org:50001
received error: {u'id': 4, u'error': u'limit reached'}

What in the what now?

I added a limit on the number of transactions that can be returned on requested addresses.
it is a DOS prevention measure.
the limit is probably too low. I will raise it if necessary.

I have received 109 transactions on one specific address and about ~120 in total. And now I get the error all the time. What should I do in order to be able to access the coins connected to that address? And what happens if more transactions are sent to that address now when I have reached the limit?

I'm running into the same problem as divergenta. I have one particular bitcoin address that has a lot of transactions associated with it and electrum just stopped working for me a few days ago. After contacting flatfly and troubleshooting the issue, he informed me of the upper transaction limit and directed me to this thread. It would be much appreciated if the transaction limits can be increased.

the limit depends on the server you connect to.
find a server that does not have a limit at all, or bribe server operators so that they propose it.

I've tried to upgrade the limit on my server, electrum.bytesized-hosting.com, could you try connection to it and seeing if that solves your issue?

Hi Tachikoma, FYI:

Tachikoma was kind enough to upgrade the electrum.bytesized-hosting.com server already, could you try to connect to that one?

it looks like that server's working Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: