Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client - page 57. (Read 274537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
do you have this for windows?
legendary
Can Seconds be added to transaction times?
Some of my transactions are getting me confused at to which ones are from what.
seconds will not help.
there is currently no guarantee that transactions that belong in the same block are displayed in chronological order Smiley
legendary
In other words, wait until you at least see "pending" by the transaction?
exactly Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Here is a clarification if you have encountered a 'transaction rejected by memorypool' error.
I am seeing more and more of those on the server.

When you send a transaction, there is a delay before the Electrum client displays the transaction in its history.
This is because the server polls bitcoind's memorypool every 10 seconds.

If you create another transaction during this interval, during which the first tx is not displayed,
then your client will pick the same coins again, and the transaction will be rejected as a double spend.

In other words, wait until you at least see "pending" by the transaction?
legendary
Here is a clarification if you have encountered a 'transaction rejected by memorypool' error.
I am seeing more and more of those on the server.

When you send a transaction, there is a delay before the Electrum client displays the transaction in its history.
This is because the server polls bitcoind's memorypool every 10 seconds.

If you create another transaction during this interval, during which the first tx is not displayed,
then your client will pick the same coins again, and the transaction will be rejected as a double spend.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1016
Build 0.57c for windows is available. Should fix the context menu issue! Let me know if not.
(No time to post more info now, will try tomorrow, and hopefully we could integrate the code changes in the official source)
legendary

highlighted by the mouse click I guess, not highlighted before?

yes, the one highlighted by the mouse click (or keyboard selection)

there are two ways to trigger the menu from keyboard: the menu key and the enter key
(the purpose of MyTreeWidget is to launch it with the enter key)
do you observe a difference between these two methods?

Whether I use the mouse, the enter key or the menu key, the effect is identical.

I tried replacing MyTreeWidget with QTreeWidget, to no avail. However, I can't be considered a true Python developer so perhaps someone else should try as well.

I imagine it must not be easy for you to fix this bug without having some experience with Windows...

Here's a screenshot so you can see what it looks like:

After much searching, I found a quick and simple workaround for this bug. I still need to test a bit more tonight, then I'll make a new build and post some more details.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100

This is quite simple: go to line 385 in gui_qt.py:

time_str = datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp( tx['timestamp']).isoformat(' ')[:-3]

Remove the [:-3] from the end.
legendary
Maybe I was wrong. So you can reseed imported addresses?
yes, the .seed file contains your seed and the private keys of imported addresses.

The possibility to create transactions offline is one of the most useful features. Though you can't do it straight forward on the command line. Wouldn't it be much easier with buttons for mktx/sendtx in the GUI?

I have no plans to do that soon.
My priority now is to stabilize the server.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Maybe I was wrong. So you can reseed imported addresses?

The possibility to create transactions offline is one of the most useful features. Though you can't do it straight forward on the command line. Wouldn't it be much easier with buttons for mktx/sendtx in the GUI?
legendary
Is it possible to create a transaction offline using an imported address? (Deseed and reseed doesnt work with imported addresses)

it should work. what problem are you having?
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Is it possible to create a transaction offline using an imported address? (Deseed and reseed doesnt work with imported addresses)
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

legendary
Code:
python electrum balance 1BmjGyZ1ZB5y5oupUx2xioNF4WwRn6BXXe
1BmjGyZ1ZB5y5oupUx2xioNF4WwRn6BXXe 0

http://blockchain.info/address/1BmjGyZ1ZB5y5oupUx2xioNF4WwRn6BXXe

Maybe I should use a different server? How do i get the electrum server list? and I don't know the arguments for changing hosts by heart help please!

it was a server problem.
(the gui displays "server not ready")
the text mode should display it too.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
"server not ready" problem affecting more people: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.954422

Appears to be a client problem. If I enable debugging, I can see the server connected messages and 'electrum balance' works.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
Code:
python electrum balance 1BmjGyZ1ZB5y5oupUx2xioNF4WwRn6BXXe
1BmjGyZ1ZB5y5oupUx2xioNF4WwRn6BXXe 0

http://blockchain.info/address/1BmjGyZ1ZB5y5oupUx2xioNF4WwRn6BXXe

Maybe I should use a different server? How do i get the electrum server list? and I don't know the arguments for changing hosts by heart help please!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1010
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Client is stating "Server not ready". Getting this debug info:

Code:
--> {"params": ["0.57b"], "id": 185, "method": "server.version"}
<-- {u'id': 185, u'result': u'ok'}
legendary

yes, the one highlighted by the mouse click (or keyboard selection)

there are two ways to trigger the menu from keyboard: the menu key and the enter key

Whether I use the mouse, the enter key or the menu key, the effect is identical.

I tried replacing MyTreeWidget with QTreeWidget, to no avail. However, I can't be considered a true Python developer so perhaps someone else should try as well.

I imagine it must not be easy for you to fix this bug without having some experience with Windows...

Here's a screenshot so you can see what it looks like:

legendary
it edits the highlighted transaction, as expected.

another finding: just simply switching to the contacts tab and then back to the history tab fixes the behavior. (it has to be the contacts tab specifically)

There has to be something that the contacts tab is doing that the history tab isn't.

Note that the behavior is exactly the same whether the context menu is triggered by mouse or keyboard.

Pages:
Jump to: