Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client - page 81. (Read 274537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
To configure Chrome on Ubuntu 10.04 or maybe later versions to handle bitcoin URIs, do this first on the command-line:

$ gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/command "/path/to/electrum.py %s"
$ gconftool-2 -t bool -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/needs_terminal false
$ gconftool-2 -t bool -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/enabled true

This tells Gnome what to do with bitcoin URLs, and Chrome picks that up from Gnome.

nice, thanks! I'll update the page
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
version 0.37 was released.

Changelog:
 * Bitcoin URIs can be passed to the client. To configure your browser, see http://ecdsa.org/bitcoin_URIs.html

To configure Chrome on Ubuntu 10.04 or maybe later versions to handle bitcoin URIs, do this first on the command-line:

$ gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/command "/path/to/electrum.py %s"
$ gconftool-2 -t bool -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/needs_terminal false
$ gconftool-2 -t bool -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/bitcoin/enabled true

This tells Gnome what to do with bitcoin URLs, and Chrome picks that up from Gnome.

Activity: 482
Merit: 502
I imagine that rebuilding the database will fix this, but thats ages.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I have the torrent of the database that slush put up (I think it was him), so that may be easiest.
If you let abe build the database itself it's faster. When blocks are imported, stop abe, start electrum.
legendary
version 0.37 was released.

Changelog:
 * Bitcoin URIs can be passed to the client. To configure your browser, see http://ecdsa.org/bitcoin_URIs.html
legendary
I just released version 0.36

changes:
* json protocol over http (still experimental)
* during wallet creation, a dialog proposes a list of active servers
legendary
How are you doing 80/443?  Are you forwarding them to 50000? I didn't see anything about this in ovidiusoft's guide.

There's electrum.php in repository. Just put this to /electrum.php and configure URL inside the script (to tcp connection to localhost). I also encourage you to increase the buffer from 2048 to at least 20480. ThomasV changed that on his node already, but obviously forgot to commit it yet...

This file is deprecated now.
The server uses json over http, and apache is not needed anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
You can use my torrent file, it will speed up rebuilding the index a lot (it saved ~three days on my VPS Wink.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I imagine that rebuilding the database will fix this, but thats ages.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I have the torrent of the database that slush put up (I think it was him), so that may be easiest.

I had that happen to me too. I had to rebuild the database.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
New Electrum server appeared at electrum.bitcoin.cz:50000 few minutes ago. Ports 80/443 are not configured yet.
How are you doing 80/443?  Are you forwarding them to 50000? I didn't see anything about this in ovidiusoft's guide.

I updated the guide, should be in the main tree soon.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I rebooted my server and moved it behind a different firewall.  When I went to restart electrum-server, I got an error from mysql.

Code:
$ electrum-server
starting Electrum server
cache: yes
No handlers could be found for logger "Abe.DataStore"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/bin/electrum-server", line 726, in
    memorypool_update(store)
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/bin/electrum-server", line 594, in memorypool_update
    store.import_tx(tx, False)
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/bin/electrum-server", line 75, in import_tx
    tx_id = super(MyStore, self).import_tx(tx, is_coinbase)
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 1798, in import_tx
    store.intin(tx['lockTime']), len(tx['tx'])))
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 403, in sql
    store.cursor.execute(cached, params)
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 174, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "/home/user/.virtualenvs/electrum/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
IntegrityError: (1062, "Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'")

legendary

There's electrum.php in repository. Just put this to /electrum.php and configure URL inside the script (to tcp connection to localhost). I also encourage you to increase the buffer from 2048 to at least 20480. ThomasV changed that on his node already, but obviously forgot to commit it yet...
New Electrum server appeared at electrum.bitcoin.cz:50000 few minutes ago. Ports 80/443 are not configured yet.
I think my server is working (electrum.stitthappens.com).  I don't have a client setup yet, so I can't test.  I wish the server could log a little more verbosely.

I'm leaning back towards python over node (bitcoinjs) even though my client will still be javascript. Plus, this development process is much more open, which I like.
legendary
hello and happy new year.

my server at ecdsa.org is currently not working; bitcoind fails to connect to the network.
I suspended the electrum server until this is resolved.
I guess we should have a way to detect non-working servers automatically.
Yes, it failed in reading from config for some reason. jsonrpc library then try to ask on standard input... Unfortunately have no idea what you're doing wrong...

So the username was missing a character in /etc/electrum.conf.  Looks like vim and copy/paste didn't play nice.

It might be a good idea to log something like "username/password failed."  However, even when I put the proper values into the prompt, it doesn't work.  I just get the prompt again.  It might be better to abort when the values from the config are wrong since the prompt seems to be ignored.
legendary
ThomasV, maybe you should mention somewhere that electrum.py needs disabled 'magic quotes' feature of PHP. I think it's default in PHP, at least in some distributions, so I needed to add "php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off" to my .htaccess file.

Edit: bottom line - ports 80 and 443 are working on electrum.bitcoin.cz, too.
legendary
Yes, it failed in reading from config for some reason. jsonrpc library then try to ask on standard input... Unfortunately have no idea what you're doing wrong...
Red Emerald: yes, it's only a warning and can be ignored.
What about it continually prompting for the rpcuser and pass? I thought that should have been read from the config at /etc/electrum.conf
legendary
legendary
Red Emerald: yes, it's only a warning and can be ignored.
Pages:
Jump to: