Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announce] Fairbrix relaunched! - page 2. (Read 19073 times)

donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
October 10, 2011, 04:09:43 AM
https://github.com/ArtForz/cpuminer - Fastest but experimental

How to run it as fastest.
There are 5 algos, which is the fastest to use in windows?

Code:
--algo XXX
(-a XXX) Specify sha256 implementation:
        c               Linux kernel sha256, implemented in C (default)
        4way            tcatm's 4-way SSE2 implementation
        via             VIA padlock implementation
        cryptopp        Crypto++ C/C++ implementation
        cryptopp_asm32  Crypto++ 32-bit assembler implementation

Make sure you downloaded the cpumine branch. It should default to scrypt algo.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
October 10, 2011, 03:44:28 AM
https://github.com/ArtForz/cpuminer - Fastest but experimental

How to run it as fastest.
There are 5 algos, which is the fastest to use in windows?

Code:
--algo XXX
(-a XXX) Specify sha256 implementation:
        c               Linux kernel sha256, implemented in C (default)
        4way            tcatm's 4-way SSE2 implementation
        via             VIA padlock implementation
        cryptopp        Crypto++ C/C++ implementation
        cryptopp_asm32  Crypto++ 32-bit assembler implementation

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
October 10, 2011, 03:37:31 AM
I've updated first post with some new information on mining.
I think copying the .conf really is not necessary on windows. it will happily use the local file.
donator
October 10, 2011, 02:37:34 AM
I've updated first post with some new information on mining.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
October 09, 2011, 10:52:58 PM
I'm working on an exchange for GG and TBX, don't see why i couldn't add FBX. Will continue it after I get through with SC 2.0. Keep mining you FBX.

Is there any sense to devising some sort of standard 'coin API' to make it easy for new coins to be supported by existing exchanges?

That's what we need man. I can dump my new ShitCoins / ScamCoins faster than you can say "exchange" LOL !!!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
October 09, 2011, 10:46:50 PM
I'm working on an exchange for GG and TBX, don't see why i couldn't add FBX. Will continue it after I get through with SC 2.0. Keep mining you FBX.

Is there any sense to devising some sort of standard 'coin API' to make it easy for new coins to be supported by existing exchanges?

donator
October 09, 2011, 10:20:49 PM
I just like the fact that there isnt 7.7 million pre-mined coins.. a lot!

However, is there support behind this Coin? Development?

Well, that's my worry too, that's why I am mining more of Solidcoin 2 as the earlier Solidcoin has shown a lot of good organization.

I will support it as much as I can. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for so to speak. With 7.7 premined coins, Lolcust has a lot of incentive to support Tenebrix. With 5% tax, CoinHunter has a lot of incentive to support SolidCoin. Whatever little fbx I have were orphaned by the attack. So I don't have that much incentive. The only reason why I spend time making it better or talking to pools and exchanges is because I feel responsible for it since I kicked off the relaunch.

So yeah, if you mine now when the difficulty is still low, you may get paid off handsomely if I manage to convince an exchange to support this coin. And if not, you would have wasted your time. Your choice! I will do the best I can. Smiley
So, no hint of an exchange yet? Smiley

Also, when a chain is small like this, checkpoint updates are a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestion kano. I have already updated the source with a checkpoint at block 5000. Have not built another windows binary though. If an exchanges comes up, I will work on it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
October 09, 2011, 08:17:13 PM
No, once again your "humor" shows utter lack of refinement Sad
October 09, 2011, 08:11:13 PM
Possibly thinking about THIS  Grin

FAILbrix  Wink
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
October 09, 2011, 08:04:04 PM
*must resist desire to make an obvious yet ill-mannered joke*
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
October 09, 2011, 08:01:19 PM
Funny thing is. this could be a sleeping beast Smiley Maybe one day someone will take it over.. you never know
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
October 09, 2011, 07:30:16 PM

Well, that's my worry too, that's why I am mining more of Solidcoin 2 as the earlier Solidcoin has shown a lot of good organization.

I will support it as much as I can. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for so to speak. With 7.7 premined coins, Lolcust has a lot of incentive to support Tenebrix. With 5% tax, CoinHunter has a lot of incentive to support SolidCoin. Whatever little fbx I have were orphaned by the attack. So I don't have that much incentive. The only reason why I spend time making it better or talking to pools and exchanges is because I feel responsible for it since I kicked off the relaunch.

So yeah, if you mine now when the difficulty is still low, you may get paid off handsomely if I manage to convince an exchange to support this coin. And if not, you would have wasted your time. Your choice! I will do the best I can. Smiley
So, no hint of an exchange yet? Smiley

Also, when a chain is small like this, checkpoint updates are a good idea.
donator
October 08, 2011, 09:42:24 PM

Activity: 756
October 08, 2011, 09:37:15 PM
legendary
October 08, 2011, 09:35:03 PM

October 08, 2011, 09:20:07 PM
Tenebrix and GG founder did a good job having pools and exchanges in place.  But Fairbrix seemed to be more of a reaction to Tenebrix, not being able to get the exchanges or pools up does not mean that they are scammers, it just mean that they are less efficient or have less resources than Tenebrix and GG.   Who knows, maybe a month or two, such exchanges and pools may spring up.
legendary
October 08, 2011, 09:17:09 PM

I guess those early bitcoin adopters were stupid to mine 1000 bitcoins a day way back when there were no bitcoin exchanges around.

You have a good point there Smiley
donator
October 08, 2011, 09:13:11 PM
What is there to kill? Until it gets an exchange I dont think people will mine it.. Unless you can trade it for something whats the point?

I guess those early bitcoin adopters were stupid to mine 1000 bitcoins a day way back when there were no bitcoin exchanges around.
October 08, 2011, 09:11:06 PM
Then, do not mine it.  No one is taking out a gun and forcing you to mine Fairbrix, there are quite a lot of other coins for you to try.

It is very similar to Tenebrix no doubt, but I don't think how it is going to be a scam.

It has not got an exchange so I cannot pump and dump it !!!

Sure, I will go with scammer's Bitcoin / Tenebrix. Or rather SC2 as that shows great promise ATM. All the other scam coins can perish.
October 08, 2011, 09:08:48 PM
Then, do not mine it.  No one is taking out a gun and forcing you to mine Fairbrix, there are quite a lot of other coins for you to try.

It is very similar to Tenebrix no doubt, but I don't think how it is going to be a scam.

It has not got an exchange so I cannot pump and dump it !!!
Pages:
Jump to: