Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] picocoin and libccoin -- C-based bitcoin library and client - page 2. (Read 30592 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi , would it be possible to prevent the seeds from returning IPV6, My compu/ ISP fails all ipv6 addresses.

clist *bu_dns_lookup(clist *l, const char *seedname, unsigned int def_port)
{
        struct addrinfo hints, *res;

memset(&hints, 0, sizeof(hints));
        /*hints.ai_family = AF_UNSPEC;*/   
        hints.ai_family = AF_INET;

hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM;
        hints.ai_flags = AI_CANONNAME;

if (getaddrinfo(seedname, NULL, &hints, &res))
                return l;

struct addrinfo *rp;
        printf("canon-name:%s\n", res->ai_canonname);
        for (rp = res; rp != NULL; rp = rp->ai_next){
                l = add_seed_addr(l, rp, def_port);
        }

freeaddrinfo(res);

return l;
}
Hi Lucifer333,

This and other commits made to picocoin around this date may answer your question :

https://github.com/jgarzik/picocoin/commit/691534ece434ece9315aaca73dfb3974681970a4

Thanks) its very clear

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit
Hi Lucifer333,

This and other commits made to picocoin around this date may answer your question :

https://github.com/jgarzik/picocoin/commit/691534ece434ece9315aaca73dfb3974681970a4
HI i found this in brd.c

The "parr" suite of functions and parr structure is to replace the dependency on glibc??

Thanks

static void init_nci(struct net_child_info *nci)
{
        memset(nci, 0, sizeof(*nci));
        nci->read_fd = -1;
        nci->write_fd = -1;
        init_peers(nci);
        nci->conns = parr_new(NC_MAX_CONN, NULL); <----
        nci->eb = event_base_new();
}
I am trying to learn picocoin/bitcoin by looking at network communication and messaging between bitcoin clients.

picocoin netsync debug=true, doesnt show anything, why?
Activity: 690
Merit: 501
seems nobody is interested in adding documentation to this project Sad

too bad, could have gotten some usage

Yeah I agree, it's an interesting project.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
seems nobody is interested in adding documentation to this project Sad

too bad, could have gotten some usage
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
Any news on this project? I am trying to netsync although everything appears to be timing out or refusing. Even with no firewall. Is there any documentation someone can point me to?
Activity: 2
Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I can create addresses and start netsync, but how to check balance and use rawtx?

Why isn't there better documentation for this?
I would love to see some documentation for this
Activity: 690
Merit: 501
Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I can create addresses and start netsync, but how to check balance and use rawtx?

Why isn't there better documentation for this?
Activity: 10
Merit: 1

Not sure what's the process for OSX - macports?

These days, homebrew is the standard.  They do require a tagged release though.
"Formulae in the core repository must have a stable version tagged by the upstream project. Tarballs are preferred to git checkouts, and tarballs should include the version in the filename whenever possible."

If you do that, I'll make a formula and submit it.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Activity: 725
Merit: 500
Could I use picocoin with JNI today to make payments with Java and use bitcoinj for the wallet parts?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
The libccoin library no longer depends on GLib library.  That dependency has been completely removed.
legendary
I had some trouble locating all the packages. I was missing libjansson and libevent_core.
Is my repository out of date?

jansson and libevent are both still needed.

This is what I have installed on Ubuntu:
Code:
ii  libevent-2.0-5:amd64                                        2.0.21-stable-1ubuntu1.14.04.1                      amd64        Asynchronous event notification library
ii  libevent-core-2.0-5:amd64                                   2.0.21-stable-1ubuntu1.14.04.1                      amd64        Asynchronous event notification library (core)
ii  libevent-dev                                                2.0.21-stable-1ubuntu1.14.04.1                      amd64        Asynchronous event notification library (development files)
ii  libevent-extra-2.0-5:amd64                                  2.0.21-stable-1ubuntu1.14.04.1                      amd64        Asynchronous event notification library (extra)
ii  libevent-openssl-2.0-5:amd64                                2.0.21-stable-1ubuntu1.14.04.1                      amd64        Asynchronous event notification library (openssl)
ii  libevent-pthreads-2.0-5:amd64                               2.0.21-stable-1ubuntu1.14.04.1                      amd64        Asynchronous event notification library (pthreads)
ii  libjansson-dev:amd64                                        2.5-2                                               amd64        C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON data (dev)
ii  libjansson4:amd64                                           2.5-2                                               amd64        C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON data

Not sure what's the process for OSX - macports?

Activity: 672
Merit: 507
LOTEO
I had some trouble locating all the packages. I was missing libjansson and libevent_core.
Is my repository out of date?
legendary
Some minor compile fixes pushed out to git.  Further OSX compile fixes coming soon.
Activity: 2
Libccoin looks very useful, that's exactly what I was looking for my project, thanks a lot Wink
picocoin souds promising too, I will keep an eye on its developpement  Smiley
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Gonna try this on my Mac Pro. Dual 970FX Big Endian, running Debian 8 smoothly. I've waited for this, just didn't notice this software earlier.

Aiming to have a pool running on the IBM Power BE architecture.
legendary
In light of the current "51% attack" brouhaha raging on Reddit, how difficult would it be to add some p2pool mining functionality to the picocoin library?

It would take several days of work, but it's not complicated.  Basically, as you probably have guessed, P2Pool chain is simply another chain to manage.

Pages:
Jump to: