Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] RPC Ace - a simple cut-down block explorer alternative - page 2. (Read 15664 times)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250
I am trying tally.php with viacoin but script aborts after 1200 blocks. I am wondering if someone help me on this. Viacoin didnt issue any coins in first 10000 block apart from 1st block with 10 million premine. I am thinking if there is a limit for empty rpc calls. Thanks in advance.

xxxx@ubuntu:/var/www/html/rpc-ace-via/extras$ php tally.php tally.txt373652 blocks ... 1000 (tx# 999)   1200 (tx# 1199)   PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/rpc-ace-via/extras/tally.php on line 56
aborted - 1199 transactions through 1 unique addresses counted

I tried tallying Viacoin on my dev system (PHP5.6/OS X) and my two test systems (PHP5.6/FreeBSD and PHP5.5.4/Mint~Ubuntu) and it works perfectly on all three setups, no hiccups:

Code:
380101 blocks ... 1000 (tx# 999)   2000 (tx# 1999)   3000 (tx# 2999)
379000 (tx# 483117)   380000 (tx# 484442)   done! 484569 transactions through 96909 unique addresses counted

VbWdvrSjUcNmXbzcV8RoM1NmJNGXLk6f8h 2500000
VvFp7K6JH2tpEdCWDqKoZSHYFPzCYpQHRE 1500000.018
Via2XCHoqQxACVuXf4vrajVDJetwVgxLMz 1087512.7926959
Vi1CCHqqeAwxaKTmvLeY9FVNG4QMW1GFex 507061.96643365
VboG1dsDJfFD83M6fMtftfLfMXmLEe5KQV 254000
VutuLs7wbpWbmHby7gZVtL18FRvi3Jc34e 253399.998
VaXuoUBVpN671ynbNQ4Lno86MEfYXhqn76 204856.8025629
VbckMJ2iuWs9QCwtHAnUczZKTyqfgJ6jtJ 200000
Vn6XAtzqpYbWdpsVPGMAma8HivZo9vd3t4 199449.998
VqPrpeAYGGrkDtWqZ7i71LrnaQhaAH5di3 186871.35337862
Vkco4M3ZagejS8LAzXWh14D2B3L1sGi1ZG 179439.61787044

I'm not sure what "empty RPC calls" mean. Inspecting individual blocks in the Viacoin chain I don't see anything out of the ordinary. All blocks (including blocks 1-9999) contain coinbases and legitimate transactions with inputs and outputs, and even if they amount to 0 coins this doesn't affect anything.

With the risk of sounding like a broken record, I suspect that you didn't build the block chain with full transaction indexing from the start, as the instructions demand. It's not enough to just add "txindex=1" in your viacoin.conf and start the daemon/wallet up again - you need to remove the entire block chain and rebuild it from scratch, from block 0, with txindex=1 set already from the start.
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
I am trying tally.php with viacoin but script aborts after 1200 blocks. I am wondering if someone help me on this. Viacoin didnt issue any coins in first 10000 block apart from 1st block with 10 million premine. I am thinking if there is a limit for empty rpc calls. Thanks in advance.

xxxx@ubuntu:/var/www/html/rpc-ace-via/extras$ php tally.php tally.txt373652 blocks ... 1000 (tx# 999)   1200 (tx# 1199)   PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/rpc-ace-via/extras/tally.php on line 56

Same error maybe a page back, dev is not sure about what the problem is but I hope he can figure it out for you.
Activity: 290

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Does this support outputting in a JSON format, saw someone post about it a page or so ago unsure if it has/will be added?

Loving the work so far by the way!

Next release will have the JSON output feature. I'm completely swamped with work at the moment so I can't say when, but it's coming.

Awesome work! Great to hear, looking forward to it.
Does this support outputting in a JSON format, saw someone post about it a page or so ago unsure if it has/will be added?

Next release will have the JSON output feature. I'm completely swamped with work at the moment so I can't say when, but it's coming.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

it looks quite simple indeed.
lives up to its purpose Smiley I like it
How many people know what your name means?
Activity: 322
Sound Engineer for Hire
it looks quite simple indeed.
lives up to its purpose Smiley I like it
Activity: 420
A search feature will be useful.

Search by TXid (yes it does work with the wallets using getrawtransaction), block number (separate), block hash.
He was putting his internal ip into the rpcPort field in rpcace.php.

Ah. Yeah I almost suspected that, just added that to my questions before you posted. I hope he got everything sorted out now.
He was putting his internal ip into the rpcPort field in rpcace.php.
I don't have a dedicated VPS, but I do have a basic web host. I am trying to run a RPC Ace blockchain explorer by keeping the php files on my web host and the cryptocurrency wallet on my desktop that runs Windows 7 at home. So the RPC Ace on my web host will connect to my wallet at home and get the data like that. I'm pretty sure I configured everything correctly but RPC Ace will not connect to my wallet. The webpage is http://leechrisbrown.com/deepcoin/rpcace.php

First of all, is what I'm trying to do actually possible? If so, what am I doing wrong here? Am I missing something?

Yes, it's doable. That you can't connect could be because your coin client's RPC port might not be accessible externally - maybe you have forgotten to forward the port through your router and/or firewall on your PC. It could also be due to your web host blocking certain outgoing traffic from their PHP component, which is a pretty common practice among shared web hosts in order to avoid certain abuse.

Here's a simple test you can do to see if at least SOME outgoing traffic is allowed:

Code:
echo file_get_contents'http://stolendata.net/' );
?>

and in rpcace.php on my web host:

Code:
$rpcHost = my ipv4 address found in ipconfig;
$rpcPort = 22872;
$rpcUser = 'user';
$rpcPass = 'pass';
$coinName = 'Deepcoin';

I have to ask, you are quoting that IP in apostrophes or quotation marks, right? Like so: '1.2.3.4';

Also, are you sure your PC isn't connected to a local network, meaning the IP you see with ipconfig is something like 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x? If so, you can get your real external IP from sites like http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and similar.
Usernames and passwords that are too short don't seem to register. Try something like:

rpcuser=fedoracoinrpc
rpcpassword=7ydepugKcPc8mutWQgnzDKeN9HSFw6gnuvPUCAzZrvnD

Hmm, doesn't seem to be working, I literally used the username and password you gave me.

I get "Failed to connect. Check your coin's .conf file and your RPC parameters."
Port forwarded?
Activity: 266
Usernames and passwords that are too short don't seem to register. Try something like:

rpcuser=fedoracoinrpc

Hmm, doesn't seem to be working, I literally used the username and password you gave me.

I get "Failed to connect. Check your coin's .conf file and your RPC parameters."
I don't have a dedicated VPS, but I do have a basic web host. I am trying to run a RPC Ace blockchain explorer by keeping the php files on my web host and the cryptocurrency wallet on my desktop that runs Windows 7 at home. So the RPC Ace on my web host will connect to my wallet at home and get the data like that. I'm pretty sure I configured everything correctly but RPC Ace will not connect to my wallet. The webpage is http://leechrisbrown.com/deepcoin/rpcace.php

First of all, is what I'm trying to do actually possible? If so, what am I doing wrong here? Am I missing something?

.conf file for deepcoin wallet on my desktop (the wallet is always open on my desktop):

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip= The Shared IP Address found on CPanel on my webhost
rpcthreads=1
port=22871
rpcport=22872
server=1
listen=1
txindex=1

Code:
$rpcPort = 22872;
$rpcUser = 'user';
$rpcPass = 'pass';
$coinName = 'Deepcoin';

Thanks

rpcuser=fedoracoinrpc

Activity: 266

.conf file for deepcoin wallet on my desktop (the wallet is always open on my desktop):

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip= The Shared IP Address found on CPanel on my webhost
rpcthreads=1
port=22871
rpcport=22872
server=1
listen=1
txindex=1

Code:
$rpcPort = 22872;
$rpcUser = 'user';
$rpcPass = 'pass';
$coinName = 'Deepcoin';

Thanks
Activity: 420
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Is it fully open source?
I was looking at your github and noticed it was requiring files that you dont have up there..

I am down to do the JSON for you, probably this weekend (if its all open source).

It's all open source. Easybitcoin is an external dependency and doesn't affect RPC Ace's status. Fork as you want, as long as the license is respected.

Looks good and thanks for sharing.
Is it fully open source?
I was looking at your github and noticed it was requiring files that you dont have up there..

I am down to do the JSON for you, probably this weekend (if its all open source).

It's all open source. Easybitcoin is an external dependency and doesn't affect RPC Ace's status. Fork as you want, as long as the license is respected.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
Is it fully open source?

Pages:
Jump to: