Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 44. (Read 127211 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Code:
make 
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/Tenebrix-miner'
Making all in compat
make[2]: Entering directory `/Tenebrix-miner/compat'
make[3]: Entering directory `/Tenebrix-miner/compat'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Tenebrix-miner/compat'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Tenebrix-miner/compat'
make[2]: Entering directory `/Tenebrix-miner'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing     -g -O2 -MT minerd-cpu-miner.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/minerd-cpu-miner.Tpo -c -o minerd-cpu-miner.o `test -f 'cpu-miner.c' || echo './'`cpu-miner.c
cpu-miner.c: In function ‘parse_arg’:
cpu-miner.c:786: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘json_load_file’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
/usr/include/jansson.h:221: note: expected ‘size_t’ but argument is of type ‘struct json_error_t *’
cpu-miner.c:786: error: too few arguments to function ‘json_load_file’
make[2]: *** [minerd-cpu-miner.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Tenebrix-miner'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Tenebrix-miner'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas whats wrong here?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
How do I build that modified miner of yours?

I tried git cloning it then tried:

./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: 8: aclocal: not found

Do you have automake/autoconf ?

The .sh is intended for use with them and kinda-sortish favors Fedora, but should work oke on ubuntu
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
How do I build that modified miner of yours?

I tried git cloning it then tried:

./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh: 8: aclocal: not found
Hillariously voracious
do mind that Linux users are advised to change daemon=1 to daemon=0, as d=1 makes some distros unhappy and kills the Tenebrix
OK I got it compiled with qmake and make then I tried:

chris@galaxy:~/Tenebrix$ ./bitcoin-qt
bitcoin-qt: src/main.cpp:1754: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x4e77ffdc1baa20ffffab9d901f418f7496b2a710e462ac4047accdb8b3b774f9")' failed.
Aborted

Now I know you are misplacing the config Cheesy  Either put it into %home%/.tenebrix or put it anywhere you like and use -datadir Smiley

ah I found it on that config+data zip file... I have it running now and already have 2 connections....

someone rang me for computer help and I had to rudely tell them I was busy and would ring them back later.. plenty of time to ring them when my computer is mining!

Now to figure out how to actually mine
Hillariously voracious

bitcoin-qt: src/main.cpp:1754: bool LoadBlockIndex(bool): Assertion `block.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x4e77ffdc1baa20ffffab9d901f418f7496b2a710e462ac4047accdb8b3b774f9")' failed.
Aborted

Now I know you are misplacing the config Cheesy  Either put it into %home%/.tenebrix or put it anywhere you like and use -datadir Smiley

Also, Linux users are advised to change daemon=1 to daemon=0, as d=1 makes it unhappy.

Aborted
Hillariously voracious
Ok, I have to ask, since you didn't say anyhting about it in the OP, can you give more detail about this currency?

Block size, block frequency, total number, simmilarities/differences to bitcoin, etc, etc, etc?

Boy oh boy I forgot, sorry.

Will amend.

1 block per 5 minutes, retargets every week, accept window cut down to 1 hour (half bitcoin's value), Zeitgeist exploit patched.

No upper limit on mining, not unlike Geist
Hillariously voracious
Send some coins to '1DrPLgBFdrkSDCe7yx4S57SiRb9gPDQVmy' for test and I'll send 1/2 of it back to you.

Checking whether you can recover from "accidents" with pywallet or whether there is "accident protection" at all ?
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Send some coins to '1DrPLgBFdrkSDCe7yx4S57SiRb9gPDQVmy' for test and I'll send 1/2 of it back to you.

Activity: 840
I've gotten 10 stale blocks out of 11 so far.  Is it possible that the blockrate is fairly fast and I am connected to some slow nodes?

Target blockrate is 1 in 5 minutes, so it's hardly "ZOMGFAST" like Geist.

Current blockrate seems already quite above that tho.

It is not entirely impossible  that you are indeed connected to some slow nodes, try opening up incoming so that you get better connectivity. However, I think your miner might need some tweaks to better fit your hardware (default settings in the bat were established trial-and-error on an i7), minerd --help might help.
It was the --s flag.  The default of 5 seconds works much better.
Hillariously voracious
I've gotten 10 stale blocks out of 11 so far.  Is it possible that the blockrate is fairly fast and I am connected to some slow nodes?

Target blockrate is 1 in 5 minutes, so it's hardly "ZOMGFAST" like Geist.

Current blockrate seems already quite above that tho.

It is not entirely impossible  that you are indeed connected to some slow nodes, try opening up incoming so that you get better connectivity. However, I think your miner might need some tweaks to better fit your hardware (default settings in the bat were established trial-and-error on an i7), minerd --help might help.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
tBLzv6j4P2XDASWDbnjjo6LqR8r5EH8nqm

Thanks!
I've gotten 10 stale blocks out of 11 so far.  Is it possible that the blockrate is fairly fast and I am connected to some slow nodes?

EDIT: Fixed... I removed the --s 120 option from the bundled miner .bat file.
Hillariously voracious
Um - I think you missed reality with your statement about bot nets trying to be covert.
They CPU mine - and they take away LOTS of cycles from the machines they have infected.
It's only in the rare case where the machine has an appropriate GPU that they even could be covert.

Well, natural selection will sort this one out.

CPU mining too aggressively (or even GPU mining when the user is doing GPU-intensive stuff) is morel likely to get user's attention, and usually that's gameover because as soon as user finds he is infected (esp. with something that interferes with normal day-to-day use) he will eventually get rid of the bug.

Give it some time.

Someone who lucratively mines coins on other person's rig has obvious incentives 1) not to have the activity noticed (thus not to interfere with normal performance too much) and 2) not to get the box / it's owner into "hot water" (that would mean lost resource) unless doing so is vastly more lucrative.

"Minerfections" have significant likelihood of naturally ameliorating as they become more sophisticated (much like real infections by the way)
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Um - I think you missed reality with your statement about bot nets trying to be covert.
They CPU mine - and they take away LOTS of cycles from the machines they have infected.
It's only in the rare case where the machine has an appropriate GPU that they could even try to be covert.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
t75eFvVY4avhQWU5rMToasVWzVFdztcxRi

mining away. Cheesy
Mining on an i7-870

tRdPgGM7fnsnEMEeYqqiHhKNEUnwt1Yz8e
Hillariously voracious
Well, you're flattering me by calling it a Lolcust currency. It verily much a joint / community effort, even at the conceptual level (Geist is mostly my brainchild in terms of concept, this one evolved organically from all the "how do we design a GPU-hostile PoW" discussion flowing around Cheesy )
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
foreach (month in year) { next-lolcust-currency.release(); }  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: