Pages:
Author

Topic: (announced) WATERPROOF CRYPTO WALLET CASE for Ledger Nano and Trezor Hardware St - page 2. (Read 351 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
The design looks ugly, and its strange shape and company logo are enough to confuse thieves. The device is very small, so why does it need a case of this size?
I did a quick search on dimensions and found:

While the dimensions of Trezor wallet is: Product Dimensions 4 x 3 x 1 cm; 12 grams
Therefore, two devices cannot be placed together, and the choice is bad for one device because of the lack of optimal use of space.

Some good WATERPROOF CRYPTO WALLET CASE designs:

Abundant Supply Company Unidentified Flashdrive Organizer Case (Black)

Outdoor Survival Aluminium Cases Waterproof Capsule Sealed Bottle
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
It is simply pointless to rely on all these protection measures since the device itself may break or a serious vulnerability may be found, which would make a hardware wallet very dangerous for further operation.

@Witcher_sense I don't think the idea of this waterproof case is bad; perhaps it provides additional security to the hardware wallet, and like @Agbe said, it's bigger and can easily be seen in any location you choose to hide it in should you decide to make use of it. This waterproof HardwareWallet case can be used to store other wallet security devices, even your security keys. When you decide to hide the case in any water storage facility in your house, the case makes it easy for you to freely do that without it being distroyed, and just as @wind_fury said, you can store it in a toilet water tank. It can also be hidden in a kitchen draining pipe.
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
Hardware wallet enables people to make transactions in a hostile environment without risking losing funds upon sending due to viruses or other malicious factors. It is not equipped to be hidden in a sealed container, buried in the backyard, or somewhere else because it all goes against its actual use cases. It is simply pointless to rely on all these protection measures since the device itself may break or a serious vulnerability may be found, which would make a hardware wallet very dangerous for further operation. On the other hand, the materials like stainless steel, titanium, or even regular paper can, in theory, last for hundreds of years:  these are real examples of cold storage. It is these things that should be protected by fire-proof and water-proof containers  and not technically-sophisticated devices with microchips that are designed to be replaced by a newer model every year.
That's the main purpose of hardware wallet, and the case protection is just an added advantage to hardware wallet it's self. In as much as we keep our hardware wallet safe, no one is too careful and no one is also too careless, so in my opinion the water proof case is a great idea for those who tend to send all their funds into a hardware wallet and hold on for long without even touching or constantly visiting to check how safe the water is. With this case protection, owners of hardware wallets are guaranteed rust free, water damage, and some kind of slit break, but unless it's intentional, I don't think that case can easily be broken, The advantage of this water-proof wallet is higher than the possible damage it can cause, of which I doubt there will even be any. 
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
there are a few other ways to protect a trezor.

but this one is nice.

It could also give the user of possible options in how to store all of their physical back ups. I hide my back ups in different parts of the house, hide one in the car, hide another one in my parent's house, and now with the Waterproof Crypto Wallet Case, I can hide one in the toilet tank!

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
Hardware wallet enables people to make transactions in a hostile environment without risking losing funds upon sending due to viruses or other malicious factors. It is not equipped to be hidden in a sealed container, buried in the backyard, or somewhere else because it all goes against its actual use cases. It is simply pointless to rely on all these protection measures since the device itself may break or a serious vulnerability may be found, which would make a hardware wallet very dangerous for further operation. On the other hand, the materials like stainless steel, titanium, or even regular paper can, in theory, last for hundreds of years:  these are real examples of cold storage. It is these things that should be protected by fire-proof and water-proof containers  and not technically-sophisticated devices with microchips that are designed to be replaced by a newer model every year.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
there are a few other ways to protect a trezor.

but this one is nice.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
Yes it is useful for untimely damage, the waterproof case can even protect it from scratch and preventing measures. The image is very bigger and that means it can be sighted very easily wherever you kept it. It is a nice development. Since it is a new production, it would be hard to get it everywhere but it might be in specific location in the globe. With this case the hardware Wallet can be kept inside and hide it in a place that you won't forget. And in any place you drop it, the hardware Wallet would not be affected since the main wallet is protected by the case.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!
I saw this announcement just popped up on my screen, and as I used the forum search, I did not see that it had been posted, so I decided to create the topic.

"The Crypto Marchants" have designed a waterproof crypto wallet case as an additional option for crypto users to protect their hardware wallets and offline cold storage devices.
Hardware wallets or some other cold storage device can get distroyed through external factors like fire or water, but the advantages are that even if a hardware wallet gets distroyed and the crypto user still has their private key, they can still import their address to a safe wallet or possibly buy a new hardware wallet and import the address to get back their coins. So guys, do you think the new waterproof case is really so necessary for use?

In terms of hard cases, The Crypto Merchant offers a few case options. The Casematix Waterproof Hard Case features a military-grade shell, waterproof O-ring lining, and air-pressurization seal, and it's capable of holding hardware wallets from Ledger, Trezor, and more. Another option is the Casematix Hardware Wallet Travel & Protection Case, which offers similar security features as the Hard Case, only in a more compact and portable way.

Pages:
Jump to: