Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI COIN][PI][NEW DEV TEAM][π][SHA-256] 3.141592 COINS - [FUTURES MARKET] - page 5. (Read 14417 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
The original developer has transferred the 1.9% premine to our team
Was this premine by the original developer from malice or ignorance?  The premine was a surprise at launch.

PI uses an axiom formula to index the 30-day altcoin futures market. This coin will change the way traders speculate future altcoin prices and trades.

I don't understand.  Please tell me more.

+

I do not understand either.  Please rephrase how the coin will be used.  I understand what futures are just not how this coin will be used.
Our Goal for PI is to have its trading price represent a 30-day altcoin futures market. PI will change the way traders speculate future altcoin prices and trades. PI is the first and only futures cryptocurrency, and could be the most important altcoin of 2014. The future is here! PI Coin will be the standard for the futures market index.
So what are futures?
Futures essentially give altcoin traders a preview of what’s likely to happen with altcoin prices 30 days from today. The original futures were developed as a way for farmers to lock in a reasonable price now for crops they’ll harvest later.  The same can be true for PI. Using the price of PI as a 30-day future speculation, altcoin speculators can hedge their trades and exposure to the bitcoin alternative market.

PI trading Price adjustment
After 60 days of trading we hope a PI trading price can be achieved to allow for altcoin futures speculation. Price volatility of PI would probably be too great within the first 60 days to achieve project goals for the coin.

Ok, so you’ve got the axiom formula for speculating the 30-day future price of the altcoin market using PI coin, but where do I get the values to enter into the formula?
To get the total market cap for altcoins go to http://coinmarketcap.com and set it to give prices in BTC, and then click “mineable” coins only. Use the total at the bottom. The number of altcoins to use is around “100”. This way data for all top altcoins is used. This site also gives the 24 hr volume. You’ll have to do a little homework to figure the new coins generated for all 70 altcoins 30 days from now.

A working example of the formula:

z = (t/a) x (1/pi) x (y/b)
z= (1,170,208/100) x (1/0.314) x (3,100/61,400)
z= around 1881 BTC

So we are speculating 1 PI coin = 1881 BTC and is the futures index. The trading price of PI coin in Bitcoin changes when traders speculate what the total market cap of all altcoins, volume for day, and new coins generated will be 30 days from now.  There are a number of speculating factors that can determine movements in PI coin. For instance, if there were high speculation that trading volume would be low it would lower PI coin. If there was high speculation that total market cap would rise 30 days from now, that could raise PI coin.

This coin is a game changer for the altcoin market!
Project Goal: PI coin will speculate on the performance of the entire market.
Activity: 7
PI coin has moved up into the top 10 for the next coins to be listed on the cryptorush.in exchange!
Keep voting so PI coin has a home to buy/sell. PI is 13 times more rare than 42 coin! Keep that in mind when buying or selling.
https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

voted!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Ok,

Happy to say the PI pool is up and running:

http://pi.hasher.ca/  PPLNS 1% fee (not 5%!)

Happy Hashing folks!
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
Was this premine by the original developer from malice or ignorance?  The premine was a surprise at launch.

PI uses an axiom formula to index the 30-day altcoin futures market. This coin will change the way traders speculate future altcoin prices and trades.

+

I do not understand either.  Please rephrase how the coin will be used.  I understand what futures are just not how this coin will be used.
Trying to compile the src:

g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/src/pi/src -I/usr/local/src/pi/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=0 -I/usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/include -I/usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o PId leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/bitcoind.o obj/keystore.o obj/core.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o obj/chainparams.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
obj/netbase.o: In function `ConnectSocketDirectly':
/home/templar77/picoin/src/netbase.cpp:358: undefined reference to `__fdelt_chk'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [PId] Error 1

Any suggestions?
you are trying to compile it for a pool, correct?

yes, trying to.

I just purged my git pull and re-cloned it. It completed this time.
Great, let us now when you have a pool up. You will get a PI bounty sent to you also!
legendary

g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/src/pi/src -I/usr/local/src/pi/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=0 -I/usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/include -I/usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o PId leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/bitcoind.o obj/keystore.o obj/core.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o obj/chainparams.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /usr/local/src/pi/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/home/templar77/picoin/src/netbase.cpp:358: undefined reference to `__fdelt_chk'

Any suggestions?

yes, trying to.

I just purged my git pull and re-cloned it. It completed this time.
legendary

Any suggestions?

yes, trying to.
PI coin has moved up into the top 10 for the next coins to be listed on the cryptorush.in exchange!
Keep voting so PI coin has a home to buy/sell. PI is 13 times more rare than 42 coin! Keep that in mind when buying or selling.
https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote
Just got free coin from OP for getting my client working. I'm really loving this coin - the idea is so geeky! Performing really well for mining, too.

Any suggestions?
legendary

Any suggestions?
There are great help forums on bitcointalk that can walk you through it. When you get it synced PM me your PI address and we'll send you some free PI coin.

I'm still looking through forums for an answer. I'm getting "connection timed out" errors in the logs on all the nodes it seems. I don't have anything but the default Windows 8 firewall installed, and my router. The Bitcoin qt wallet seems to sync fine. Very weird - I'll keep searching.

Looks like it started working. Evidently I just needed to wait. I'll PM you my wallet ID :-) (thanks!)
Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Welcome .... PI the resurrection!  Grin
There are great help forums on bitcointalk that can walk you through it. When you get it synced PM me your PI address and we'll send you some free PI coin.

I'm still looking through forums for an answer. I'm getting "connection timed out" errors in the logs on all the nodes it seems. I don't have anything but the default Windows 8 firewall installed, and my router. The Bitcoin qt wallet seems to sync fine. Very weird - I'll keep searching.
Weird - updated the file but still getting the error after restarting the Wallet. I'm a bit of a noob on new coins - is there a good way to debug this or get a log of what's going on?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 538
make sure you save the file as "pi.conf"
The file should contain:

rpcuser=USERNAME
rpcpassword=PASSWORD
port=31415
rpcport=31416
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
listen=1
server=1
addnode=162.243.90.199
addnode=115.77.142.140
addnode=24.21.133.138
addnode=71.71.221.141
addnode=24.7.226.120
addnode=202.198.62.133
addnode=92.13.226.121
addnode=193.27.209.102
addnode=85.238.96.186
addnode=76.120.106.9
addnode=72.224.4.62
addnode=113.243.62.222
addnode=5.139.63.51
addnode=195.151.222.49
addnode=50.158.71.106

Change username and password.

We've tested it over 50 times in the last week with no sync problems.
I'm getting "No block source available" when running the wallet. Any idea how to get it to sync?
Pages:
Jump to: