Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Pillar - The Personal Data Locker - page 5. (Read 26761 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 05:56:07 AM
I think this wallet wont make any difference. Look at how many other wallets are coming out. Competition is really huge. And I dont see how Pillar Wallet can make it. Can anyone tell me I am wrong?
Activity: 832
Merit: 500
March 21, 2018, 05:57:28 PM
David Siegel saying repeatedly that he is not worrying at all about the price. With all due respect, price is a very important factor for investors, this cannot be neglected. Early participants should be able to sell part of their tokens to other market players, make profit on it, and take part in other blockchain projects. Pillar project is great, but there are other sectors, which are also waiting for cash infusions.

I can see both viewpoints but at the end of the day they have yet to deliver a working wallet which is when the value add begins.. Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
March 21, 2018, 08:56:33 AM
David Siegel saying repeatedly that he is not worrying at all about the price. With all due respect, price is a very important factor for investors, this cannot be neglected. Early participants should be able to sell part of their tokens to other market players, make profit on it, and take part in other blockchain projects. Pillar project is great, but there are other sectors, which are also waiting for cash infusions.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
March 19, 2018, 03:45:36 AM
Updated Pillar Wallet Road Map

Several months ago, I published the first Pillar Wallet Roadmap, with the caveat that this was a general direction, not a specific promise. We’re building the foundation for the personal data locker, to realize our dream of data sovereignty and personal empowerment. Now that we have more information, it’s time for an update. This new roadmap is influenced by the speed of our development and by regulation.

THE SPEED OF OUR DEVELOPMENT has not been as great or as agile as I would like. We hire for joy and culture fit; we’re self-managed; and we require people to be in our offices rather than working remotely. We have happy people, but we haven’t been as productive as we had hoped. Our goal has always been to go to a Kanban system to run the office, and we’ve just been starting that lately. I take full responsibility for the fact that we don’t have a wallet ready by the end of Q1. On the other hand, we’ve added many features that other wallets don’t have, and if it takes a few months longer than I predicted last June, I’m not too worried. I don’t watch the price of our token. I don’t watch the calendar. I watch our ability to change the world with a new operating system. By summer, we should have a very strong platform, and those who come to our big event in Vilnius will learn that the Pillar wallet will be a place where you can put your data and trust it, where you can set up your business and serve customers, where you can have your equity token sale and know you’ll be fully compliant with all laws, and where future developers create new things that have never existed, all without advertising or large organizations having any control or influence. We’ve written over 20,000 lines of code, and as you’ll see below we’ll be going into testing fairly soon.

THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION has recently started to take large-scale action, stating that exchanges that trade securities must be regulated. The message, while stern and significant, is still unclear. Last week, Poloniex, in being acquired by Circle, said they intend to register as a fully regulated exchange. Bittrex has said they will continue to determine which tokens are utility tokens and allow them to trade. GDAX is probably too far out over their skis, saying they will continue to get around regulations by calling tokens utilities. The SEC has also published a guide for consumers, pointing out the risks but again failing to educate the public about the difference between risk and exposure. While we hope cool heads prevail, we may well be at the top of a very slippery regulatory slope.

I’ll break this down briefly: 1) SEC chairman Jay Clayton says that almost all tokens meet the definition for securities because they are fixed in number, allowing them to appreciate and attracting speculators. 2) Many so-called security tokens have already been sold, but very few can restrict their flow, so it’s fairly easy for an accredited investor to buy a token from an issuer and then sell that same token to a non-accredited student in Wichita. 3) Millions of tokens are already in the hands of Americans, so just regulating issuers and exchanges doesn’t put all the milk back in the bottle. In fact, clamping down on those extant tokens will surely cause millions of small American investors to lose money, which could be another possible pain point for the SEC. I can imagine the SEC is wondering how to strike a reasonable balance.

https://medium.com/@pullnews/updated-pillar-wallet-road-map-52293065dcae
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
March 13, 2018, 07:03:18 AM
One could not accuse a team for the low Pillar prices. They're just doing what they can to move on. They are participating in Blockchain conferences: Amsterdam, Vilnius, actively hiring new staff members/developers. It`s just bearish times on a market, that has to be go through. It is one of the few fully transparent projects in blockchain business, and at this time it`s an excellent buying opportunity.
Activity: 84
March 13, 2018, 03:17:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRq3XWJrO9Q            ill be looking forward to watch it,lets watch it guys,will see how is it?hope this project will give us more surprice update Wink
March 06, 2018, 01:54:14 PM
#PillarUpdate - March 6th 2018: Beta testing launch | Pillar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRq3XWJrO9Q
Activity: 322
Merit: 217
March 06, 2018, 04:36:33 AM
Hello, is your wallet ERC20 compatible? Thanks  Wink
Sure ! They are used as ERC-20 and smartcontract
Few coins are incompatible with Erc20 now, which is very convenient for us, and changing him will let us do nothing.

How are things with ERC223 tokens, whether they will be supported by Pillar wallet? Have you closed already Beta Testing Program, or this is some kind of error with google forms? It's only been two days from this form posting, it looks like i missed the opportunity to join testing.

https://t.co/QinjP1KHky
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
March 06, 2018, 12:29:46 AM
Hello, is your wallet ERC20 compatible? Thanks  Wink
Few coins are incompatible with Erc20 now, which is very convenient for us, and changing him will let us do nothing.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 03:29:35 PM
March 05, 2018, 03:26:50 PM
How does the #PillarUnconference work? | Pillar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDPt5BrgT74
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
March 03, 2018, 10:17:20 AM
Pillar Contest & Roadmaps for 2018 - David Siegel & Tijo Chat

Pillar is one of those business and ethos projects we see that align with what we are working on and see evolving in the space as well. Altruistic and dreamers will create the future together. From roadmaps, legislation and developments David and I share our thoughts on this evolving space.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYA4Eek21O4

Yeah I saw this video, really liked it. I do wonder though with projects like Pillar what is going to happen to the ethos in the years ahead. Assuming everything goes to plan what happens in 5 years when Pillar is a multi billion dollar company, has offices all around the world with thousands of employees. Will some of these crypto companies become the next corporate giants like Amazon, Apple, Google or Facebook. I'm not suggesting Pillar will but perhaps its something that needs to be discussed. How will these companies keep the ethos as they evolve.
Activity: 28
March 02, 2018, 06:46:07 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
TOKPIE
February 27, 2018, 06:44:56 AM
Pillar Contest & Roadmaps for 2018 - David Siegel & Tijo Chat

Pillar is one of those business and ethos projects we see that align with what we are working on and see evolving in the space as well. Altruistic and dreamers will create the future together. From roadmaps, legislation and developments David and I share our thoughts on this evolving space.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYA4Eek21O4
February 25, 2018, 06:37:43 PM
Latest Pillar Updates

Before the Unconference update, I'd like to invite you to two MeetUps...

London Blockchain Breakfast Meetup
We have a monthly meetup in London to present and discuss current blockchain topics. These events take place at our Rise London HQ in the mornings. The next one is March 8th, where Edan Yago will be talking about the current state of blockchains and consensus mechanisms.

Sign up for the LBB Meetup on March 8th https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=90d5740cac&e=e6ec2eae28

LT Pillar Vilnius MeetUp with David & Vitor
We're going to Vilnius this week to visit our Unconference sites and to meet our friends from Lithuania. Blockchain Centre Vilnius invited me and Vitor to present Pillar to the local community - it will be an official launch of Pillar Vilnius office that we are opening in this innovation hub. Join us and get hired!

Meet us in Vilnius on Tuesday, February 27th!  https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=63540f9732&e=e6ec2eae28

Click to watch Unconference update from #PillarDemo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUGYUgS30gw&feature=youtu.be

Vilnius Summer Event - #PillarUnconference 2018

We will have our big conference in Vilnius, Lithuania, July 15th-22nd, at the Vilnius Grand Resort and Spa. In fact, Malwina, Constance, and I are there right now looking at the facilities and planning the agenda. You’ll pay for your flight, hotel, and meals, and we’ll pay for the conference and the big Friday party event. You’ll also get a special Vilnius Pillar t-shirt.

This will be an unconference - we’ll be making it up as we go. It works far better than planning an agenda. If you want to contribute anything, come prepared. Our first goal is to get people signed up, so we have commitments and can make all our arrangements in Vilnius. Then we’ll work on how you can get involved as a speaker, workshop leader, staff, etc.
There will be three main tracks: entrepreneurship, developing for our platform, and music.

👔 The entrepreneur track will have two parts: my business-agility lectures, which will take place each morning first thing, then we’ll be working with entrepreneurs to build their businesses on the Pillar wallet. This first year, the wallet will be similar to eBay, so we’ll be working with teams who want to put products and services onto the wallet. We are looking for our Pillar pioneers - people who are serious about building a business on top of our wallet. We’ll be talking about all the developments coming up and how you can participate in our new ecosystem.

💻 The developer track will be learning about our SDK and how to put products and services on the wallet. We will have workshops on our taxonomy, findability, formats, APIs, coding, and smart contracts. Whether you learn or teach, it should be a fun and fruitful week.

🎶 The music festival is for you to bring your instruments and your talent and make it even more fun. We want the Pillar summer event to be the Woodstock of the crypto world. So if you have a band, a show, or you can entertain people in any way, please jump into the Summer Event 2018 channel in our online community and help us plan an amazing event! We need people to help us make this work, so if you are on the production side, you are more than welcome to get involved. It’s an unconference. It’s also a music unfestival.
Every one of our events is always a hiring event. If you want a job with Pillar, I encourage you to come to Vilnius and participate - we don’t interview!

For Families 👪
We will have a kids’ camp option as a separate package. We’re working on that now. The resort has a lot of things to do, and we’ll be organizing various bus tours to town and to surrounding sights. We’ll also have shuttle buses going into and out of town continuously.

Golf Packages 🏌
The resort offers a championship-level golf course. Since we’re taking over the event and since not that many of us play golf, our golfers should have good access. If you want to volunteer to help us set up golf, foursomes, etc., please contact me.

The Pillar Store 👕
We are working with volunteers to plan a Pillar products store for this event. If you want to help with that, please let us know.

Events with the Lithuanian Community 📍
We’ll be interacting heavily with the local tech/blockchain/crypto community. Pillar project has a small office in Vilnius. We are planning to do workshops with local entrepreneurs, educators, and government officials.

Excursion to St Petersburg 🛫
We will offer an additional one-week trip to St Petersburg, Russia, leaving Vilnius on Sunday the 22nd and allowing you to return home after 4-5 nights. St Petersburg is a must-see destination, and end of July is one of the best times of year to be there. I highly recommend this trip. And, because it’s not put together, I’m asking if any volunteers can help us arrange it. Russian-speakers and those who have connections to St Petersburg are encouraged to contact me.

💪 Want to help us with Unconference?

Join Summer Event 2018 channel in our community! https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=2ff43061a8&e=e6ec2eae28

Feel free to send feedback to [email protected] and don't forget to follow our social media channels!

More soon,
David Siegel

[email protected]

Activity: 322
Merit: 217
February 23, 2018, 10:50:24 AM
If you are from Lithuania, don`t miss Blockchain Centre Vilnius event. Next Tuesday, on 27 of February David Siegel, CEO of Pillar Project  will arrive, to hire new talents and present project before the local entrepreneurs.

"David Siegel, CEO of 20|30 and the Pillar Project has been at the forefront of technology and venture investing for 30 years. He has written five books about technology and business. In 2016, he was a candidate to be the dean of Stanford business school. He is an expert on blockchain, future technologies, angel investing, and startups. He will be accompanied by Vitor Py, CTO, who will be able to talk more about wallet's architecture and the way dev team is working on wallet's code."

It is a good time to buy some PLR at a cheap price, i did not even imagine that David had written five books and has such deep professional background.

Agenda: https://www.meetup.com/ru-RU/Blockchain-Centre-Vilnius/events/248060654/?eventId=248060654
Activity: 126
February 23, 2018, 04:02:23 AM
Well, the fact that team wont bother about exchanges - bad news for holders. Cant really see now how PLR could outplay BTC movements in a few month, so probably gonna sell it.

Not sure where you get your info from but here is the facts from the horses mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXJYFPqnqkQ

He is saying the same thing again. Wont try hard to hit big exchanges, so we should wait for Pillar wallet to release. Btw when will this release happen?
February 22, 2018, 03:10:49 PM
Become a beta tester:

Volunteers Needed! #PillarDemo | Pillar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFb-GkBRM-Q
Pages:
Jump to: