Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 158. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 821
Merit: 503
How does this compare to multipool?
I'm looking for reasons to switch.  Smiley

And multipool supports sha256 alt coins (4 atm) including btc.. (that i would not recommend mining there. there hash rate is way too low to be mining btc) they been on multi pool btc for over 2 weeks+ now and still not solved a block.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Tried Hashcows for two days but I got a lot of rejects! (around 10-25% depending the coin)
I tried numerous pools and never had this problem before... Any idea ?

If you read through this thread and can tell me exactly how many times that has been asked before I'll tell you.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Tried Hashcows for two days but I got a lot of rejects! (around 10-25% depending the coin)
I tried numerous pools and never had this problem before... Any idea ?

Well, you could choose to keep all the coins, and it'd be very similar to multi, with a wider range of coins (though no ltc/nvc/ftc).  The big feature being the ability to trade some coins for btc automatically, while keeping others.  Though tbh trading alts to btc these days is a rough prospect.

Happy mining

Nearmiss is spot on. The wider range of coins and auto change made it more profitable for me. Yes you could make more trading but not using auto sell as I was. Not having to constantly check Cryptsy made it set and forget and reliable. In the end though electricity prices going up and alt coins going down finished me off.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Well, you could choose to keep all the coins, and it'd be very similar to multi, with a wider range of coins (though no ltc/nvc/ftc).  The big feature being the ability to trade some coins for btc automatically, while keeping others.  Though tbh trading alts to btc these days is a rough prospect.

Happy mining
I definitely think BTC will head back down (not crash).. eventually.

Scrypt and its alts are here to stay.

I suspect that if BTC heads upwards... its quite likely that the alt coins will either die or join it...

FWIW my technical analysis of the BTC/USD is that it is in a series of measured moves up. Possible pullback to 191 and next target 222. Alts on the other hand all look bearish. Of course that can all change at any time.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500

I suspect that if BTC heads upwards... its quite likely that the alt coins will either die or join it...
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Thanks for the work that you have been doing on the server nearmiss. 

Today again looks like we may not have a decent payout and after losing money for the past three days (power use vs btc earned), I'm moving to another pool that my other workers have been on.  Not a big profit there, but not losing money.  Of course, if this continues, I 'll probably make a new gaming computer and then sell off the rest of the GPU miners.

Good luck all.

While it is entirely possible that 'BTC could go to the moon' and never drop below $100 usd again...prior history suggests that we will see a couple more dips and rises before BTC becomes a stable, mature currency. Even in ancient days, the early US dollar would have variable exchange rates against the British Pounds. Similarly, I would suggest that the altcoins could rise yet again.

MD

btc isnt ever looking back. 100? no chance...

Do you not think this looks like another bubble?  It might not drop back to 100, but I think it will drop a bit, 140-150 ish, maybe lower.
Activity: 365

Today again looks like we may not have a decent payout and after losing money for the past three days (power use vs btc earned), I'm moving to another pool that my other workers have been on.  Not a big profit there, but not losing money.  Of course, if this continues, I 'll probably make a new gaming computer and then sell off the rest of the GPU miners.

Good luck all.

While it is entirely possible that 'BTC could go to the moon' and never drop below $100 usd again...prior history suggests that we will see a couple more dips and rises before BTC becomes a stable, mature currency. Even in ancient days, the early US dollar would have variable exchange rates against the British Pounds. Similarly, I would suggest that the altcoins could rise yet again.

MD

btc isnt ever looking back. 100? no chance...
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

Good luck all.

MD
Activity: 447

Good luck all.
I've tracked this down and it should now be fixed, I'll keep an eye out on the next few payments to confirm.  The issue was the scripts where checking that your balance was greater than the threshold, and that the balance was greather than the txfee, when it should have been checking that the balance was greater than the threshold+txfee.  In essence, it saw balance > threshold, but after it took out the txfee it was *not* greater than the threshold.   This only would have affected people who had a very low threshold set, in relation to the txfee for the coin.

If you want to pm me with the addresses/coins this has affected you on (save me digging in the db a bit), I'd be happy to send some coins your way for the trouble of the bug, and reporting it to us.

Thanks for solving the issue !
Don't bother sending me the missing dust. Only WDC and MNC were affected. You can donate some coins to the pool for me.  Smiley

I did notice something else (oh-no, here we go again Grin)
MNC maturing behaves in an illogical way :
We have round 2894 matured, and another much older round 2881 still unmatured as I type.
Any thoughts ?

Note to all doomsdayers :
Ofcourse alts are tanking because of the high BTC price. Think $$$. Save up your coins for now, or sell them yourself at a high price on your exchange. Patience is the keyword.
This pool is doing great !

Thanks for the positive words about the pool.  Its definitely a rough time for alts all around.  I know I'll be keeping some of my mined coins these days for (hopefully) happier times in the near future.  Don't forget that hashcows gives you that flexibility!    Regarding the MNC round, I caught that one as well.  This is usually caused by an orphan block, though this round certainly has more than just one or two in a stuck state.  I took a look, and sure enough, it appears we orphaned a whole lot of blocks in a row (presumably a minor fork/readjustment at the time, I can only assume, especially given things were obviously smooth with the later round). 

I've manually made the adjustment to get the rest of this round paid out/traded. 
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I've tracked this down and it should now be fixed, I'll keep an eye out on the next few payments to confirm.  The issue was the scripts where checking that your balance was greater than the threshold, and that the balance was greather than the txfee, when it should have been checking that the balance was greater than the threshold+txfee.  In essence, it saw balance > threshold, but after it took out the txfee it was *not* greater than the threshold.   This only would have affected people who had a very low threshold set, in relation to the txfee for the coin.

If you want to pm me with the addresses/coins this has affected you on (save me digging in the db a bit), I'd be happy to send some coins your way for the trouble of the bug, and reporting it to us.

Thanks for solving the issue !
Don't bother sending me the missing dust. Only WDC and MNC were affected. You can donate some coins to the pool for me.  Smiley

I did notice something else (oh-no, here we go again Grin)
MNC maturing behaves in an illogical way :
We have round 2894 matured, and another much older round 2881 still unmatured as I type.
Any thoughts ?

Note to all doomsdayers :
Ofcourse alts are tanking because of the high BTC price. Think $$$. Save up your coins for now, or sell them yourself at a high price on your exchange. Patience is the keyword.
This pool is doing great !

I have 1Mh on the pool now and getting 0.002 BTC per day.

I have 1.4 MH on Liteguardian and getting 1.2 LTC a day (currently valued at 0.01 BTC / LTC)

I realize estimates are important, and people depend on them to check status, but please keep in mind they are just estimates....its rather simple to estimate how much LTC you may earn on an LTC pool, its one single coin with no trading at an exchange involved.  Hashcows estimates have to take in a lot of factors, its a best guess.  I'd prefer we try and at least compare actual payouts if we are comparing to things like LTC.

Also of note, you are being paid out in WDC and MNC it appears, 2 of our more popular coins, so comparing your remaining BTC earnings direct to LTC isn't really a fair comparison to make.

You were paid ~.00562 BTC yesterday, and your LTC payout from above if you had 1Mh/s on it would be .0085BTC.  I can't see if you had only 1Mh/s on hashcows all day yesterday to see whether this is a fair comparison.  Also, again, this excludes your manually paid out coins (I believe WDC is the #1 coin we mine the most for example).

Edit: appears you earned 49.87 WDC yesterday, which at current rates = .00448 BTC, for a total of .0101BTC.  Your MNC earnings appear to have been ~.00028BTC on the day, for ~.01038BTC

Let me know if something above seems incorrect, I may have got the wrong data somewhere.

Okay that makes sense. I didn't know that the earnings calculator would exclude coins that are not set to auto-trade. I would assume that it would.

I just set it to auto-trade for a test. I will take another look tomorrow at the same time and compare balances.

Thanks!

MD

I'll add a note somewhere that estimated does not include non-autotraded coins.   On the upside, your example shows hashcows in quite a positive light compared to LTC.  0.01038 vs .0085 per Mh/s.  I'd wish that kind of comparison on everyone @ hashcows every day Smiley

I have 1.4 MH on Liteguardian and getting 1.2 LTC a day (currently valued at 0.01 BTC / LTC)

I realize estimates are important, and people depend on them to check status, but please keep in mind they are just estimates....its rather simple to estimate how much LTC you may earn on an LTC pool, its one single coin with no trading at an exchange involved.  Hashcows estimates have to take in a lot of factors, its a best guess.  I'd prefer we try and at least compare actual payouts if we are comparing to things like LTC.

Also of note, you are being paid out in WDC and MNC it appears, 2 of our more popular coins, so comparing your remaining BTC earnings direct to LTC isn't really a fair comparison to make.

You were paid ~.00562 BTC yesterday, and your LTC payout from above if you had 1Mh/s on it would be .0085BTC.  I can't see if you had only 1Mh/s on hashcows all day yesterday to see whether this is a fair comparison.  Also, again, this excludes your manually paid out coins (I believe WDC is the #1 coin we mine the most for example).

Edit: appears you earned 49.87 WDC yesterday, which at current rates = .00448 BTC, for a total of .0101BTC.  Your MNC earnings appear to have been ~.00028BTC on the day, for ~.01038BTC

Let me know if something above seems incorrect, I may have got the wrong data somewhere.

Okay that makes sense. I didn't know that the earnings calculator would exclude coins that are not set to auto-trade. I would assume that it would.

I just set it to auto-trade for a test. I will take another look tomorrow at the same time and compare balances.

Thanks!

MD

Added a USD/Mh/s graph to https://hashco.ws/profits.html  so we can see things adjusted for BTC price increases as well.   I originally wanted to combine them, but not all that familiar with google charts api, couldn't get the scales decent enough to show dips/rises for each. If anyone better with charts n such wants to take a stab at it, I can provide the datapoints.

Added a USD/Mh/s graph to https://hashco.ws/profits.html  so we can see things adjusted for BTC price increases as well.   I originally wanted to combine them, but not all that familiar with google charts api, couldn't get the scales decent enough to show dips/rises for each. If anyone better with charts n such wants to take a stab at it, I can provide the datapoints.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
yup - am contemplating killing off my GPU rig now Sad its not even 50% profitable at these rates Sad
Jump to: