Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][POW][AIRDROP] SiaPrime - Decentralized Storage - page 3. (Read 24098 times)

copper member
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I don't understand. What is the problem you are solving? How can this ever be cheaper that S3 itself?

If the problem is centralization, do you think that Amazon could *not* censor this platform if it's running on top of their services?  Huh

SiaPrime does not run on S3. Our network is made up of individuals and datacenters contributing storage to a network of decentralized storage nodes. Because there is a lot of spare storage in the world, we are capitalizing assets already paid for. At the same time, there is a lot of overhead built into the S3 pricing model. Several traditional cloud companies significantly undercut AWS prices today. With our decentralized storage product, you get the best of all worlds; great pricing, a fully S3 compatible infrastructure and decentralization to protect your data from centralized breach/failpoints. Nobody can censor your data because it is sharded via erasure coding and always encrypted at the client before upload to the network. Using EC means any 10 hosts out of 30 can restore your data making the service far more secure than traditional centralized cloud services. Plus, we do on-premise and hybrid implementations that allow IT admins to decentralize files throughout the enterprise to save money.

Our product "works" today in a very basic version (not yet S3 compatible). We expect to have a shipping version by end of 2019 for business customers.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
I don't understand. What is the problem you are solving? How can this ever be cheaper that S3 itself?

If the problem is centralization, do you think that Amazon could *not* censor this platform if it's running on top of their services?  Huh
copper member
For folks interested in how we are doing with network development and bringing on new hosts, some of our awesome community members have created visual and statistical representations.

User reinisp recently started a host tracking site highlighting the amount of storage offered/used by active host storage nodes on the network
https://xn--ters-9ua.lv/observer/
(also includes stats for the Sia network)

Hakkane has an all-in-one stop for blockchain data and storage network stats. The host network section shows a rapidly growing cloud storage network
https://primestats.info/hosts_network
copper member
I received word from the CB devs they will start work on our protocol implementation this coming Monday 2/25/2019. They said custom protocols usually take 7-14 days. If all goes well, we should be on the exchange by the middle March
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 8633
icarus-cards.eu
interesting update 👍
is it foreseeable when SCP will be listed on cryptobridge? Roll Eyes
if rather this month or next Huh
copper member
Background
We celebrate the milestone of 50 storage nodes on the SiaPrime network by running the next round of financial incentives. The plan will evolve into a long term process of sharing revenues with storage partners recognizing storing data is a serious commitment.

Plan/Guidelines
Bring up a new node and receive 20,000 coins to help cover the cost of collateral. Stay online and receive ongoing monthly incentives*. New for Round 2, refer a friend who delivers a node (live for 30 days) and receive another 10,000 SCP as they also receive coins!

Nodes must meet the following guidelines to participate:
Minimum amount of storage offered to receive incentives - 750GB
Contract formation fees - leave at default
Bandwidth charges(upload/download) - 100 SCP minimum
Storage pricing - 2000 SCP minimum
Collateral - 2x Minimum (should be <3x to ensure a good score, 2.5x optimal)

After discussions of thin-provisioning at data centers, we've decided on a mixed incentive reward going forward. It is trivial to make a storage node appear much larger than it actually is, requiring expensive disk filling tests to verify. Our solution is to pay partially on available storage with a ceiling and on data stored. The benefit is this incentivizes more storage AND nodes setting aggressive pricing strategies to earn a good node score (and with it, more contracts/storage).

Reward schedule
.625 SCP/GB/Mo of storage offered up to 32TB with a 20,000 SCP cap + 10 SCP/GB/Mo of data stored

Example calculation 1:
Storage offered: 1500gb x .625 = 938 SCP + Data stored: 475gb x 10 = 4750 SCP
Total reward = 5688 SCP

Example calculation 2:
Storage offered: 64000gb x .625 = 40,000 SCP (20k over cap so reward = 20,000 SCP) + Data stored: 2250gb x 10 = 22500 SCP
Total reward = 42500 SCP

To get started in hosting, download our current client software.
https://siaprime.net/#download

To get additional coins for hosting, we are available on Bisq.network today and will be live on the Crypto-Bridge DEX soon. You can also mine profitably using ASIC rigs from Innosilicon, Obelisk, Bitmain and others. Once you are ready to host or have your node running, contact here or in our Discord.
Activity: 6
shoutout to hakkane on the badass primestats.info, where you can get a quick glimpse of current network stats.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
So nice to see the community growing. Looking forward to cryptobridge listing.
copper member
Is there a true working decentralized storage available to test or at minimum a video of it working?

The current network is 155TB and growing rapidly. People can store backups through a basic interface and become a storage node to test/learn prior to our commercial product launch. We are finalizing the roadmap and expect to have our S3 compatible interface and structure operational by mid-late 2019. Though we expect the coin to enjoy success on exchanges, it is a utility mechanism for the purchase and sale of storage. Our true profitability will come from fiat revenues selling to SMBs.
Activity: 2
Is there a true working decentralized storage available to test or at minimum a video of it working?

You can join Prime's Discord and check storage-network channel. We have now 36 hosts and growing, if you want to contribute, let us know  Smiley
Activity: 543
Merit: 281
SiaPrime is one of those projects that is usually aimed at people with some specific knowledge, but that is just appearance! The truth is that we have here the optimization and an improved form of SiaCoin, at least that will be the goal and of course, the practicality in meeting the people who need storage in a simple and practical way! I'm really glad to have known this project! And are there other projects with thoughts on getting SiaPrime storage? And if the demand is continuous, what will be done?
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
copper member
Crypto-Bridge is at least a couple of weeks away as they are finishing up on earlier unique protocols. https://crypto-bridge.org/2019/01/30/development-update-january-30-2019/
Activity: 2
Any timeline for exchange listing?

i believe it's supposed to hit CryptoBridge any time now.

Yes it was approved, so now we are just waiting for it to go live!  Grin
Activity: 8
Any timeline for exchange listing?

i believe it's supposed to hit CryptoBridge any time now.
Activity: 16
I became very excited about the SiaPrime project when I first came across it just after the Siacoin hard fork in October 2018.

I bought a few Antminer A3’s in March 2018 in the hope of mining quite a few Siacoin because the price was just too good to be true, but unfortunately the difficulty level was getting far too high and the price of Siacoin was getting lower and lower each day. I wasn’t mining enough coins and I started to make a loss, so I felt let down by the Siacoin project.
And then I heard about Siacoin’s hard fork and thought to myself that the investment I made into purchasing and setting up my A3’s were all a waste of time, money and effort. I was about ready to either sell them at a loss or dump them as scrap. However, not all was lost, in fact since the Siacoin hard fork, an even better more exciting and promising project was born out of its ashes, so welcome to the SiaPrime project.

I am so glad the Siacoin fork happened, otherwise SiaPrime would not have existed or I wouldn’t have known about it, so I am very grateful for that fork to have happened, even though I initially made a loss with Siacoin. So, my initial investment into my A3’s had a new lease of life (hallelujah 😊). I immediately started mining SiaPrime with amazingly fast results. I started mining even without a price set as that is how much I believe in the SiaPrime project. I eventually came to realize that it wasn’t all about mining SiaPrime. It is much more than this and I only learned this since being with SiaPrime. No other coin project I was involved with made me see this.

Since SiaPrime’s birth, I have been very active with SiaPrime and every day I am finding out new and exciting information that is just mind blowing. My mind has opened up since my involvement with SiaPrime, so I am forever grateful to their friendly community.

SiaPrime’s project itself about offering affordable cloud storage space took my attention immediately, so I went on to their Discord channel and I started contacting knowledgeable people who were involved in host storage for SiaPrime and I soon started setting up my own host storage to help the community. This is still work-in-progress for me. It is also possible to set up host storage space on a NAS server, which I thought was impossible, but it is quite easy to set up with the help of the SiaPrime community and their clever scripts. They bend over backwards to help you and that is very good to know. There’s no shortage of help here.

The reason why the SiaPrime community set up their own host storage space is because it can be used to rent cloud storage space from SiaPrime, which is affordable compared to other cloud storage space systems.

The team behind SiaPrime are very friendly, extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. They are constantly active on the Discord channel, so you’ll never be alone if you need answers to a query. Their community help a lot too and they are just as important as the team. So, if you need to know anything about SiaPrime or have a query, they will help you immediately. There’s no messing about with their kind and precious help.

Quite often, you get a lot of inside information from the team leader, which gives you a sense of how ambitious this project really is and how they are moving forward to a very bright future, so naturally I want to stick with them and somehow be part of it. Whatever the team does to promote itself to move forward, also benefits those involved in the project itself, whether cloud storage space or mining SiaPrime.

At the moment, I have been mining SiaPrime every day and I can gladly say that I am churning out millions of coins within a short space of time. This is SiaPrime’s reward to us, even though some people may not see it that way, but it is.

SiaPrime is the future and I believe those involved with them, will be healthily rewarded in time. This is why I am sticking with SiaPrime.

Out of all the crypto coins I have been involved with, I believe SiaPrime has a positive and fruitful future ahead of them for many years to come. We are being rewarded now and in the future, even though it’s early days yet. Why wouldn’t you want to be part of SiaPrime. The results will speak for themselves in time.

In conclusion, if you want to find an affordable and powerful cloud storage solution, then look no further than SiaPrime. Those who’d like to earn a little coin can quite easily set up their own host storage space to rent via the SiaPrime project.

Join SiaPrime’s Discord channel to find out more.
https://discordapp.com/channels/500467593375645706/500467593375645710

To see more information about SiaPrime, such as SiaPrime's calculator, download wallets and other SiaPrime channels, please click on the link below:
https://easycrypto101.com/siaprime/
Activity: 8
I wondered what to do with my S11s & B52s, thankfully a solid group of entrepreneurs are improving upon the original vision of decentralized storage and the ability for businesses to transition smoothly. My miners are on SCP woot!  Grin Roll EyesBTC

same here. had a few S11's and wasn't sure what to point them at. Found the SiaPrime discord and they helped me get setup mining SCP pretty quickly. nice team. will keep mining it for the foreseeable future as the difficulty remains pretty stable and the devs seem to be hard at work.
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
I'm looking for projects that may have some real interest in real life.
SiaPrime will be making it possible for everyone, especially with its free version, where it will be possible to test and build possibilities.
What will be the GB limit for free version?
It's amazing the work that you have been doing, very well detailed this last update.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Join the revolution
Great update!
copper member
Check out the latest SiaPrime project update, lots of things going on with the SiaPrime project including a new Team member, pending exchange listing and the status of the roadmap. As we approach 90 days since our launch (block 12055 as of this writing), the project is gaining a lot of momentum. Our PoW chain has 2.23PH/s of ASIC horsepower hashrate and our community is growing daily.

Project Update
Pages:
Jump to: