Pages:
Author

Topic: 🚀【ANN】【PRE-ICO】🚀 0xcert - open protocol for certified non-fungible tokens - page 3. (Read 1359 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
an open source protocol without permission to verify the availability, authenticity and ownership of unique digital assets.
Activity: 672
Merit: 35
#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Intersting use case, Will the certificates be available as commodities on the ethereum blockchain?
Can they be transferred or are they registered to one single address?
Activity: 574
Merit: 254
Hello, have you announced a bounty program yet?
0xcert BOUNTY is live! 🤠 Check all the available bounties:
➡️Telegram bounty
➡️Social media bounty
➡️Content creation bounty..

https://0xcert.org/bounty/
Please join on telegram group about your question and bounty
https://t.me/Bounty0xcert

Thank you
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
 it’s not just about cryptocollectables, with the conventions layer your wallet can become a secure storage for your college degree, KYC certificates, loyalty program, software license, event tickets, intellectual property,.
I think it'il be nice. I'd like to join its bounty campaigns.

Activity: 119
Really nice to know that you will be holding a bounty. Will you make an announcement in Telegram group? 
copper member
Activity: 63
Potential Smiley Wink

The amount of potential use cases is piling up daily, so your comment is spot on Smiley

Thanks!
brand new
Activity: 0
y tho

honestly, I'm disappointed in whomever is behind this

1. NFTs do not have fragmentation issues.
The community came to consensus on ERC721 quickly explicitly to prevent this fragmentation and we did a great job.
The only NFTs that realistically matter that were made before ERC721 was ratified are CryptoKitties (which will upgrade) and CryptoPunks (which will probably not upgrade).

So your entire premise is flawed.

2. The token is medium of exchange. It is 2018. This is embarrassing.

3. You don't need to ICO your javascript/python library that just delegates all the hard work to web3.

Take a hard look at what you're working on, please, and reconsider 1) the necessity of a token and 2) just release your libraries as open source. If you're really trying to push the ecosystem forward, you won't try and hold it back with this garbage.

Here’s what might be good to clarify:

There are two aspects to our protocol solution: First is fragmentation on the blockchain level, which you have correctly pointed out, is solved on the Ethereum with ERC721. There are other blockchains around that would potentially have this implemented. We try to address it without limiting ourselves to the Ethereum network. Second is the higher level fragmentation. 0xcert defines the data structures of different assets and the mechanics to convert that into a proof inside a token. It defines exactly what is needed for a proof and what is recommended for publicly exposed metadata. We call these conventions. Once the whole ecosystems moves beyond collectables, it’s something we’ll want to have around.

It would be wrong to assume that we’re redefining ERC721 or just providing JS/Python wrappers around web3. We’re building on top of this standard to bring the most value to a wider development audience. There are countless existing systems that could get updated with the use of NFTs and countless problems that could be addressed.
copper member
Very interesting idea, see you soon for the next steps. good luck

Thanks! We will be posting updates regularly! You are also welcome to join the Telegram group Smiley
Activity: 126
Very interesting idea, see you soon for the next steps. good luck
brand new
Activity: 0
All important announcements regarding crowdsale and bounty will follow, stay tuned!

Woww very good interesting Dev.
We’re waiting for Campaign and Boounty, btw this planning make for new type token ERC721? Correct Huh

So!! exact destination on this project to verifying and managing certified unique to based on protocol ethereum?
but,what the appear almost identical with (0x Project - source code ethereum)  Roll Eyes

Hi, Saugani! Kristija here, the CTO. I'm glad you find our work interesting.

Yes, what we are building is an open-source protocol for managing assets on the blockchain as non-fungible tokens. We decided to build the first implementation of the 0xcert protocol on the Ethereum blockchain. Yes, non-fungible tokens in the Ethereum community are known as erc721 tokens. We are extending this standard with an additional functionality. These new tokens, we call them Xcerts, carry also asset imprints. This means that by owning a token in your wallet, you actually possess a proof that you own a real-world asset and can prove it based on the imprints in the token.

The exact destination, as you stated, is clear. The protocol will enable application developers with little or no blockchain knowledge to simply build non-fungible applications on the blockchain (e.g. KYC, certificates, collectibles etc) using 0xcert libraries. Blockchain represents a huge opportunity for application developers. Building on top of it today represents a challenge for developers. You need to have a team of crypto and security experts and a lot of time to actually build a secure dapp.

I'm glad you actually went through our GitHub repository. As you've noticed the source code includes links to related projects and libraries. This is to be fully transparent to the open-source community. One of them is the 0xProject which inspired us all. These guys did a very good job and deserve a medal. The 0xcert protocol includes the same concept of proxies but the rest is focused on erc721 and not erc20. We use erc20 only for protocol token (e.g. fees).

I hope this answers your questions.

Okay, But Erc20 also as a network protocol for running fee of the implementing network at ethereum platform.

So my question ... what 0xcert still carry Erc20/223 e. g Fee (running the Protocol) on the platform this ethereum? or this 0xcert still stands alone as a subject of Erc721 development desentralized in the future. 

If this true, wow  Shocked  Cool 0xcert is going to-be a huge development project looks great.

Hey Saugani!
So, the ERC20 token called XCT will serve as a utility token of the 0xcert protocol. Users and dapps will use it for paying/receiving fees, future governance and staking. Yes, the first release of the protocol will work on top of the Ethereum blockchain.
Our extended ERC721 token called Xcert will represent an asset on the blockchain (e.g. coupon, collectible, diploma, you name it). By holding these tokens in your crypto wallet you'll be holding a proof of ownership for these assets. You'll be able to transfer these tokens, trade them for XCTs or swap them for other Xcerts.
Please let me know if you have other questions.
Activity: 4
y tho

honestly, I'm disappointed in whomever is behind this

1. NFTs do not have fragmentation issues.
The community came to consensus on ERC721 quickly explicitly to prevent this fragmentation and we did a great job.
The only NFTs that realistically matter that were made before ERC721 was ratified are CryptoKitties (which will upgrade) and CryptoPunks (which will probably not upgrade).

So your entire premise is flawed.

2. The token is medium of exchange. It is 2018. This is embarrassing.

3. You don't need to ICO your javascript/python library that just delegates all the hard work to web3.

Take a hard look at what you're working on, please, and reconsider 1) the necessity of a token and 2) just release your libraries as open source. If you're really trying to push the ecosystem forward, you won't try and hold it back with this garbage.
All important announcements regarding crowdsale and bounty will follow, stay tuned!

We’re waiting for Campaign and Boounty, btw this planning make for new type token ERC721? Correct Huh

So!! exact destination on this project to verifying and managing certified unique to based on protocol ethereum?
but,what the appear almost identical with (0x Project - source code ethereum)  Roll Eyes

Hi, Saugani! Kristija here, the CTO. I'm glad you find our work interesting.

Yes, what we are building is an open-source protocol for managing assets on the blockchain as non-fungible tokens. We decided to build the first implementation of the 0xcert protocol on the Ethereum blockchain. Yes, non-fungible tokens in the Ethereum community are known as erc721 tokens. We are extending this standard with an additional functionality. These new tokens, we call them Xcerts, carry also asset imprints. This means that by owning a token in your wallet, you actually possess a proof that you own a real-world asset and can prove it based on the imprints in the token.

The exact destination, as you stated, is clear. The protocol will enable application developers with little or no blockchain knowledge to simply build non-fungible applications on the blockchain (e.g. KYC, certificates, collectibles etc) using 0xcert libraries. Blockchain represents a huge opportunity for application developers. Building on top of it today represents a challenge for developers. You need to have a team of crypto and security experts and a lot of time to actually build a secure dapp.

I'm glad you actually went through our GitHub repository. As you've noticed the source code includes links to related projects and libraries. This is to be fully transparent to the open-source community. One of them is the 0xProject which inspired us all. These guys did a very good job and deserve a medal. The 0xcert protocol includes the same concept of proxies but the rest is focused on erc721 and not erc20. We use erc20 only for protocol token (e.g. fees).

I hope this answers your questions.

Okay, But Erc20 also as a network protocol for running fee of the implementing network at ethereum platform.

So my question ... what 0xcert still carry Erc20/223 e. g Fee (running the Protocol) on the platform this ethereum? or this 0xcert still stands alone as a subject of Erc721 development desentralized in the future. 

If this true, wow  Shocked  Cool 0xcert is going to-be a huge development project looks great.

Yes, the protocol is for ERC721 tokens, correct!

The goal of the project is the 0xcert protocol, which is built for managing non-fungible tokens. A huge value add is also the framework, which allows non-blockchain developers to deploy non-fungible functionality with a few lines of code.

0x Project was a huge inspiration, I am very happy that you noticed! We are trying to build a similar solution, but for ERC721.

Okay, when the launch it 0xcert ICO pre sale - main sale?
Activity: 3
You have it written. "We want to help developers build a new standard ERC721 (non-fungible token), providing a complete set of tools, a development framework and a set of agreements for various uses." I have a question. Do you create a new technology? Do you want to move the etherium standard? It is commendable. Good luck, I hope that your new standard will be more advanced.

I see there's a typo in there, it should say "We want to help developers build dapps on a new standard ERC721 (non-fungible token)...". Thanks for pointing it out!

So, no, the base blockchain technology is still the same and it's based on Ethereum. But what is new is the token standard on top of the Ethereum, the ERC721. This was just recently confirmed by the Ethereum community and is now an official standard that we're using as well. On top of it, we're building the infrastructure that will support massive adoption of this tech.
Activity: 476
Merit: 121
You have it written. "We want to help developers build a new standard ERC721 (non-fungible token), providing a complete set of tools, a development framework and a set of agreements for various uses." I have a question. Do you create a new technology? Do you want to move the etherium standard? It is commendable. Good luck, I hope that your new standard will be more advanced.
copper member
Hello, what kind of marketing do you plan to use for your project? What audience will be used to promote your token?

We will be doing a bounty campaign soon, if this is what you are interested in  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: