Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RFC][RIC] Logo contest! Riecoin, new prime numbers POW coin -CONTEST ENDED - page 3. (Read 16845 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
Are you alone to do all this?

Because it require a lot of skill to create a coin with a custom algorythm + a p2pool, block explorer, gpu miner, mac client, a faucet.

Can you share a bit of your CV, on what have you worked in the past ?
Yes, currently I'm alone and that's partly why it's taking so long. All those tools are already done (and open sourced) for BTC, so adapting them is not that difficult: the protocol is very similar, only the PoW part has changed.

This is my first cryptocurrency. I'm a computer scientist but I work as a software engineer, I've been working on embedded systems development (C, C++ and some ASMs) for 13 years.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Are you alone to do all this?

Because it require a lot of skill to create a coin with a custom algorythm + a p2pool, block explorer, gpu miner, mac client, a faucet.

Can you share a bit of your CV, on what have you worked in the past ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Reserved

Riecoin sounds really interesting. Will stand by.
I had a lot of work and lots of things to do, sorry... I promise it will be this month!
(I've been mining the testnet for some days and it's working, so it's not vaporware)

some updates:

http://riecoin.org/ and http://www.riecoin.com/ are up but still under construction

mail [email protected] is also working

to avoid delaying it further, I may have to release before the p2pool is finished, but at least I want to have the external, optimized cpu miner ready

right now I'm fighting with the configuration of bind and dnsseed...

thanks for your interest and patience!
Activity: 296
Any, even approximate ETA?
Activity: 441
Thank you all for your interest and your submissions.
Since Zetacoin already uses the lower-case zeta, I'd rather you avoid using that letter, or use it in a more subtle way, I edited the OP to include this.
Sorry I didn't realize this before... I liked ilostcoins' squared versions though...  let's see where this goes, I'm surprised by how fast the first designs were posted!

sharky444: I plan to release one or two weeks after this contest is finished, and I'll use this forum for announcement (a few days before release, on a new thread and this thread too) and main communication channel. Additionally I might announce release date on other forums too in order to reach more people.

Regards,
gatra

Awesome!
Sounds like a decent way too launch the coin.
Keeping my eye on this.
Now lets get this baby launched.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
is this still going to be released?
Activity: 308
onore dikeido
2.5 min blocks is too long in this day and age ... maybe a year ago that was OK
Try 60 seconds.
1min block speed would bloat the blockchain and create more orphans, stales. We have 2.5min which was tested for years in LTC. I don't know of any 1min coin that has years of testing.
I think it's not true that 1min is fast enough for waiting in a line when you buy a coffee: with blocks targeted each minute, you have a 1 in 150 chance chance of having to wait more than 5 minutes for a block, this would still be unacceptable for some coffee stores.
Also, with 2.5min, each block requires more work (is more difficult), meaning we will have larger prime numbers sooner.
Zyl
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
2.5 min blocks is too long in this day and age ... maybe a year ago that was OK
Try 60 seconds.

The contest is over and we have a winner!
We had a very promising start but no more submissions after the first days... anyway I'm pleased with the results.

And the logo comes from.... Mjbmonetarymetals!
Congratulations, and thank you all for your time. An honorable mention goes to ilostcoins, I liked your squared designs and I'll be paying you too.

Please stay tuned for news about the release.

Regards,
Gatra
I like the submissions so far. Thank you! keep it coming!

Some more ideas for inspiration: it should look professional, serious but not necessarily solemn, mineable, buyable, acceptable as payment, desirable, and inspire trust, and look cool.

ok.... maybe that's too much, looking cool is enough for me...  Smiley

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
It's nice to see this new coin.
bump
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
Activity: 252
is it scrypt?
not scrypt, not SHA, not primecoin's Cunningham chains

It has a new PoW based on prime numbers. More details will be provided on the announcement of the launch, after the logo contest.
interesting, thanks
is it scrypt?
not scrypt, not SHA, not primecoin's Cunningham chains

It has a new PoW based on prime numbers. More details will be provided on the announcement of the launch, after the logo contest.
Activity: 252
let's bump this so people see it and work on logos during the weekend...

I'll write some keywords and concepts related to the coin so they can serve as inspiration for designers: coin, Riemann, Riemann zeta function, prime, constellations, alt, freedom, open source, money, math, solid, strong, new
"Official" twitter: @riecoin
Activity: 490
2 more versions:

Again, everyone can feel free to modify and improve what I post here.  Smiley

I like this one.
Pages:
Jump to: