Author

Topic: [ANN][RLC] iEx.ec blockchain-based distributed cloud announces its Crowdsale - page 107. (Read 183823 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Business dev, fintech, research
Is iEx.ec: The Distributed Cloud similar to the Golem project? https://golem.network/
There are similarities and differences between iEx.ec and Golem.

In term of vision, iEx.ec aims at building a blockchain-based distributed Cloud, while Golem aims at building a worldwide supercomputer.

In term of technology, we benefit from our background in distributed computing. We developed several software on top of which iEx.ec is being built and those software have already being used to build distributed computing infrastructures.

In term of products, we're not addressing the same markets at the same time. iEx.ec is targeting at the first place blockchain-based applications that require extra data, extra applications and extra compute capacities. As we understand Golem, they first target HPC (or let's say HTC, High Throughput Computing) using GND as a mean of payment.

The distributed Cloud provided by iEx.ec will enable a larger range of applications, as the iEx.ec network will enable the applications for which the centralized Cloud is a limiting factor. This includes: blockchain-based applications, IoT +Big Data, distributed machine learning, ambient AI, VR, Edge/Fog computing, smart cities/buildings, etc...

We think that Golem and iEx.ec are somehow both competing against centralized Cloud providers. So I hope that in the future, there will be enough synergy between the two projects to pool our strengths. Smiley

I mentioned this in the Slack, but I continue to believe that initially iExec should brand itself as "Off chain computation for dapps". That is nice and concise and it will clear up a lot of confusion.

Then you can always start your response with: "We're working on making it easy for dapps to do computation they can't do on the blockchain. Golem is working on regular computation needs outside dapps."

"Off chain computation for DApps" is really what we do, but only a small fraction of the iEx.ec vision. This is the most immediate feature to deliver. This is one of 2 big perspectives, in which DApps go towards the Distributed Cloud market network to feed themselves with different types of RESOURCE.
The second perspective is from the small Cloud service providers that perform business transactions within the iEx.ec market network but based. In this case, different kinks of other applications (NOT dapps) will benefit from the blockchain features. So any Cloud service transaction goes to blockchain to access/save key transaction values so enhanced business models become possible.

This might help in understanding the 2 main perspectives of iEx.ec based on the 2 main technologies it relies on: BLOCKCHAIN and CLOUD.
https://medium.com/iex-ec/the-essence-of-the-rlc-token-90812b21d166
Is iEx.ec: The Distributed Cloud similar to the Golem project? https://golem.network/

In term of vision, iEx.ec aims at building a blockchain-based distributed Cloud, while Golem aims at building a worldwide supercomputer.

In term of technology, we benefit from our background in distributed computing. We developed several software on top of which iEx.ec is being built and those software have already being used to build distributed computing infrastructures.

In term of products, we're not addressing the same markets at the same time. iEx.ec is targeting at the first place blockchain-based applications that require extra data, extra applications and extra compute capacities. As we understand Golem, they first target HPC (or let's say HTC, High Throughput Computing) using GND as a mean of payment.

The distributed Cloud provided by iEx.ec will enable a larger range of applications, as the iEx.ec network will enable the applications for which the centralized Cloud is a limiting factor. This includes: blockchain-based applications, IoT +Big Data, distributed machine learning, ambient AI, VR, Edge/Fog computing, smart cities/buildings, etc...

We think that Golem and iEx.ec are somehow both competing against centralized Cloud providers. So I hope that in the future, there will be enough synergy between the two projects to pool our strengths. Smiley

I mentioned this in the Slack, but I continue to believe that initially iExec should brand itself as "Off chain computation for dapps". That is nice and concise and it will clear up a lot of confusion.

Then you can always start your response with: "We're working on making it easy for dapps to do computation they can't do on the blockchain. Golem is working on regular computation needs outside dapps."

"Off chain computation for DApps" is really what we do, but only a small fraction of the iEx.ec vision. This is the most immediate feature to deliver. This is one of 2 big perspectives, in which DApps go towards the Distributed Cloud market network to feed themselves with different types of RESOURCE.
The second perspective is from the small Cloud service providers that perform business transactions within the iEx.ec market network but based. In this case, different kinks of other applications (NOT dapps) will benefit from the blockchain features. So any Cloud service transaction goes to blockchain to access/save key transaction values so enhanced business models become possible.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Activity: 686
I am trying to find difference between Golm and iEX. is there any white paper that differentiate?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hopefully we can get into this project. Last time there was aggressive crowdsaling, MEW could not handle the transaction load.
The list of partners is maintained in the "Partners"/"伙伴 " section of the iEx.ec crowdsale websites: http://crowdsale.iex.ec/ and http://crowdsale-cn.iex.ec/.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

thanks, it's a pretty good analysis about the projects.

Golem; wants to build a super computer that will only be created with the super networks. appeals to a system that requires heavy processing power. this is not too difficult, but the details and the procedure requires just as much work.

iex;the center is a non-Collection offers the ease of big data and high performance computing applications.
on distributed cloud technology have developed. users will be able to receive applications from the cloud easily.
Golem can provide a good fit with super computers.

i think; won't fail like elastic project.
Activity: 86
Dev: I have a important question for you.

Why is there no lock-up period for the owner's shares? How do you prevent that employees directly withdraw their stake and leave the project?

This is my last question before I will invest. Please answer.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
i want to join blog and translation withpaper sir Whether open bounty blog and translation withpaper if yes pliss pm me Cheesy

thanks

Hello anounimus,

In what language would you like to translate please ?

Join us in our slack : https[Suspicious link removed]c-team.slack.com

Join us, folks!  Wink

--> iExec Slack: http://slack.iex.ec

Activity: 48
i want to join blog and translation withpaper sir Whether open bounty blog and translation withpaper if yes pliss pm me Cheesy

thanks

Hello anounimus,

In what language would you like to translate please ?

Join us in our slack : https[Suspicious link removed]c-team.slack.com
Activity: 33

good comparisons between both projects, thank you so much.

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Activity: 33
Activity: 86
Dev: I have a important question for you.

Why is there no lock-up period for the owner's shares? How do you prevent that employees directly withdraw their stake and leave the project?
Activity: 558

thanks

Many people want to participate in such bounties, especially in such grate project.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
@iEx.ec team:

Given the huge amount of free VC money flowing into crypto, and the fact multiple projects recently have reached the cap in minutes after the sale start (like COSMOS, which reached  more than $16M in 30 minutes), I would expect this crowdsale to also last less than an hour after the start, with few huge sized investors eating the whole supply.

However I believe this kind of investment scheme is harmful to a project, as it limits the community, and also creates means to manipulate the price, which is unhealthy for any real project.

To prevent this situation, provide more people with fair chance to invest, and so create a wider distribution, would developers consider taking some measures? I mean particularly the following (as an example):
a) setting a daily cap on investments (for example 1K BTC per 24 hours)
b) limit the number of tokens accepted per single ETH address (for example to something like 50-100K RLC). Sure bigger whaoes can do multiple investments per address, but this limit will slow them down, and allow more people to squeeze in.

Please consider doing this, if you are interested in wide distribution and bigger community vs getting as much money as fast as possible.

We've been thinking of ways to avoid the situation you described, including both (a) and (b) solutions. Finally, we decided not to innovate on this for optimal security.

Personally, I don't think (a) can be efficient because you can be sure whales would just come get everything each 24 hours, but (b) is an extremely interesting option to consider : it would allow small investors to express themselves before before hungry whales. As you said, they always can have multiple addresses or even set bots (there are probably ways to counter that as well) but I agree that it would slow them down and make the crowdsale more fair, inclusive and community-friendly.

Do you know if i has been implemented on any other project?

As I said, we've been talking about this months ago. Now we're proceeding to the last tests and verifications on the smart contract so it certainly wouldn't be reasonable to change anything at this stage.  Smiley

Its a pity you cannot or don't want to handle this problem... Many people will miss the crowdsale, particularly me - regardless of my genuine interest in this project, I have to say goodbye to it, as I have an important job-related appointment exactly at the day/time you plan to start your crowdsale. I am sure, at the point I can get to my PC, the crowdsale will be over already. That's a shame, and it is the opposite of what we could call 'decentralized' or well-distributed.

BTW, the method (a) is better than you think. Even in the most insta-bought project there are some genuine smaller investors who are able to squeeze in their investment inside that 'half an hour window'. If there will be 10 days/chances to invest, much more normal people could have a chance.

As to whether I know another project where anti-instabuy measures have been implemented already - no, I don't know one. But I thought you are going to be innovative, so why not to innovate there and be the first project to implement those measures..?

Don't so worry, bro.
It may not be what you think that RLC will be sold within one day.
Jump to: