Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT-N-R][MEG] Megcoin | No premine | Forked from bitcoin 0.9 | New PoW - page 4. (Read 12305 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
NO PREMINE
NEW ALGO
CPU MINING
GPU TO COME...

Ok, ok, I stay here!

The memory usage of scrypt-8-4 is only 4Kbytes, compared to normal scrypt where it is 128Kbytes.   Grin
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Let me know what I can do to help get this to some exchanges. 
Activity: 407
Also, I've submitted to Mintpal and should show up on their voting page soon and I've submitted to bittrex. Bittrex sounds promising, but they have a large queue of coins to go through, so not sure when I'll have a decision from them

Any chance on Poloniex?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
lol figures...

every time there is even a hint of a coin being cpu only someone ports a GPU miner in a blink of an eye...

now we have a coin that actually needs one and there is not one to be found.
Activity: 439
mmmmmm
any news on gpu-mining software?

None yet. I've sent a PM to the author of sph-sgminer to see if he can be bribed to write support for it, but he hasn't replied yet. I might end up sucking it up and attempting to write a (probably really unoptimized) basic kernel for it, if I can conquer OpenCL

Also, I've submitted to Mintpal and should show up on their voting page soon and I've submitted to bittrex. Bittrex sounds promising, but they have a large queue of coins to go through, so not sure when I'll have a decision from them
Activity: 276
any news on gpu-mining software?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
WTS Megcoin. Few millions.. propose your price.
Activity: 300
4mnth old Miner :-)
still GPU miner? Figured phm would of had it added to their miner at the very least by now

I think they too busy with the cpu only coin of theirs. My guess is that they will get the coin with 16 hash working with GPU first > then try to catch up with NVidia club to get 3x speed increase for GRS once it is released.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
still GPU miner? Figured phm would of had it added to their miner at the very least by now
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
WTS 2 MILLION MEG for 0.02 BTC
mmmmmm
Megcoin Mining Pool
[Suspicious link removed][/url]
[/size]

Prop Payout
1% Fee
Vardiff

10 Blocks found so far, payouts tested, working like a charm!
Happy mining!

I added your pool to the website, but due to [Suspicious link removed] filters I can't post it on the first ANN post. It sucks :/

Anyway, bounty sent Smiley
Activity: 193
Megcoin Mining Pool
meg.poolz.ws

Prop Payout
1% Fee
Vardiff

10 Blocks found so far, payouts tested, working like a charm!
Happy mining!
mmmmmm
I've set up a pool for Megcoin.
Prop payout
1% Fee

[Suspicious link removed][/url][/b]

I can't post this link for some reason :/
mmmmmm

The point of that is so that if there is a fork or some such, pools have 2 hours to coordinate and fix problems before payouts will be sent out. It's just a good thing to have done now, for future forks rather than to wait til later to implement. It is a bit inconvenient though

alright, so as soon as the most (or many) coins are distributed and this thing is big and healthy (in terms of network hashrate) we will see a "normal" confirmation time?
maybe should be mentioned in the OP

No, it will always be 2 hours. This follows the lead of most other established coins. In case of emergency (for any reason), allow pools 2 hours to figure their crap out before paying people. It's a safety feature and 2 hours isn't very long

The point of that is so that if there is a fork or some such, pools have 2 hours to coordinate and fix problems before payouts will be sent out. It's just a good thing to have done now, for future forks rather than to wait til later to implement. It is a bit inconvenient though

alright, so as soon as the most (or many) coins are distributed and this thing is big and healthy (in terms of network hashrate) we will see a "normal" confirmation time?
maybe should be mentioned in the OP
mmmmmm
GPU miner is yet to come

btw, what is the point of having a block mature 120 blocks?

Gpu miners have software, the currency is on fire

What? As far as I can tell, no GPU miners have been made yet. However, I have a 10M MEG bounty to encourage anyone who ports a GPU miner to not keep it private

Prop payout
1% Fee

[Suspicious link removed][/url][/b]

Give me an address and I'll send you the bounty Smiley
Activity: 193
Prop payout
1% Fee

meg.poolz.ws
unlikely
nethashrate is way to low
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Gpu miners have software, the currency is on fire
GPU miner is yet to come

btw, what is the point of having a block mature 120 blocks?
Pages:
Jump to: