Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WDC][POOL][STRATUM][0% FEE] Silverwolf's WDC Pool [MINERS NEEDED] - page 3. (Read 2139 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Dynamic lastNshares calculation is live!  I'll be watching it closely for the next few days to make sure it's working properly.

Also updated the left sidebar and the api to display the current lastNshares value and improved the descriptions and labels a little bit.

Also fixed a bug in the api and the left sidebar regarding the current round shares value.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
the formula we are going to be using is 2 x (Block Difficulty / Share Difficulty).  Very few pools have this implemented correctly, most simply use an arbitrary value like us at the moment.  Not using a dynamic calculation means the results are pretty unpredictable.  It can take a very long time to reach your full payout if the value is too high or cause too much variance in payouts if the value is too low and the correct value needed changes depending on the Block Difficulty, which changes quite often as you know.

Good work on this! Let us know how it goes. Some miner's don't seem to realize how PPLNS works and pool hop to quickly as a result. This should help.

That's part of the reason that I decided to implement this, and who can blame them for not understanding it ?  Most pools have a horribly broken PPLNS implementation, especially the ones based upon mmcFE because the default payout logic is also horribly flawed.  It's taken a tremendous amount of work (by many others as well as myself) to get it to the point where it is now but I  am getting very close to having a polished properly working base to build pools on, quickly and easily.  

In a related matter, I am planning on uploading the finished product to github or something like it so that others can use and continue to improve the source.  

Good to see.  I learned a while ago that leaving the lastnshares at the default is bad.
the formula we are going to be using is 2 x (Block Difficulty / Share Difficulty).  Very few pools have this implemented correctly, most simply use an arbitrary value like us at the moment.  Not using a dynamic calculation means the results are pretty unpredictable.  It can take a very long time to reach your full payout if the value is too high or cause too much variance in payouts if the value is too low and the correct value needed changes depending on the Block Difficulty, which changes quite often as you know.

Good work on this! Let us know how it goes. Some miner's don't seem to realize how PPLNS works and pool hop to quickly as a result. This should help.

That's part of the reason that I decided to implement this, and who can blame them for not understanding it ?  Most pools have a horribly broken PPLNS implementation, especially the ones based upon mmcFE because the default payout logic is also horribly flawed.  It's taken a tremendous amount of work (by many others as well as myself) to get it to the point where it is now but I  am getting very close to having a polished properly working base to build pools on, quickly and easily. 

In a related matter, I am planning on uploading the finished product to github or something like it so that others can use and continue to improve the source. 
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
the formula we are going to be using is 2 x (Block Difficulty / Share Difficulty).  Very few pools have this implemented correctly, most simply use an arbitrary value like us at the moment.  Not using a dynamic calculation means the results are pretty unpredictable.  It can take a very long time to reach your full payout if the value is too high or cause too much variance in payouts if the value is too low and the correct value needed changes depending on the Block Difficulty, which changes quite often as you know.

So far the beta has been going really really well.  No issues to speak of and for WDC we are getting a very low orphan rate.  Out of 43 blocks found only 2 were orphans.  I've seen reports of much higher orphan rates from other pools.  There may be some advantage in being on a smaller pool in this regard.

So far we've paid our beta miners two bonuses and more are coming.

Right now I am working on adding proper dynamic lastNshares calculation instead of using an arbitrary value.  This will have the result of shortening the ramp up and ramp down times for PPLNS and keeping them consistent even through difficulty changes.  Thanks to some excellent help from Meni Rosenfeld I have the necessary formula worked out and I just need to add it to the payout logic.

Just for comparison, at the current difficulty it will result in the ramp up and ramp down times being reduced by roughly 28% from what they are now.

I plan to have this implemented this weekend.  We do still have plenty of server slots available, so if you are interested in helping us out go ahead and jump on the server!

We still need more miners!

WDC is at 125.47% profitability right now, come and join the fun!
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
Glad to see more WDC pools coming online!

Please visit our WorldCoin community and chat with us.
Lotto coming up this weekend in Chat.
WorldCoinForum.org
Difficulty Drop!!!!!

Come and get easy WDC coins won't you ?
We still have open slots, come on and start mining!
I am pleased to announce that Silverwolf's WDC Pool has launched and we are ready for your miners !

This is a Worldcoin (WDC) Pool.

Features :
* PPLNS payout system
* Dynamic PPLNS lastNshares calculation for fast ramp-up and correct payouts!
* PPLNS Status Display for 100% transparency (Very Cool!).  You can see exactly where every coin goes.
* Stratum ONLY.  (Will add Getwork w/ LP if needed).
* Support Ticket System for easy reporting of issues
* 0% Fee (Please consider donating)
* Detailed Stats
* Auto or Manual (Instant) Payout

To Connect :
1. Register an account then login & setup your workers : http://silverwolf.ath.cx/wdc/

2. Connect your miners as follows :
   url = http://silverwolf.ath.cx
   port = 3336 (Stratum)
   username = .
   password =

3. Start Mining !
Pages:
Jump to: