Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WIKI] WikiCoin - Cryptocurrency of the people - page 24. (Read 43262 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm

mining 8 cores at 90/100 khs and all orphans..

really. I make one block per 2 minutes with my 4 cores(+ a little more orphans). 140kh/s total.

only 140kh?  Are you mining from QT or using minerd with quark algo?  Minerd should produce more than that.

My miner doesn't work.
minerd.exe -a quark -t 4 -o 127.0.0.1:18456 -u user -p pw (with right u and pw). HTTP Error?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I use minerd but i only get Booo!
Am i doing it wrong or why all these boooos!?

use  setgenerate true -1 in client..

That's the slow way to do it, minerd will produce much better results.  I was getting ~400KH from QT, and getting closer to 1,300kh using minerd and pointing it at the QT.

How do you point it to QT? Sorry im not used to use CPU miner Sad

First, modify your wikicoin.conf if you're going to use an external machine (different than where your QT client is), you'll need to change rpcallowip=  to include the IPs you're mining from  (ie: rpcallowip=x.x.x.x).

Your minerd cli should look like the following:

minerd.exe -a quark -o http://ipwhereqtclientresides:18456 -u rpcusernameinconffile -p rpcpasswordinconffile

yes, you will see plenty of "booo" results, but you'll get the same thing using the client (lots of orphans right now)

Thank you for reply. QT is ofcause the wallet. i just managed to con fuse my self. But your answer was helpfull thanks.

Yes, sorry for the confusion, QT is the wallet.  This is the method that many CPU miners  bring their farms online during solo mining.  It's much more efficient that running the wallet on every machine.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

That's the slow way to do it, minerd will produce much better results.  I was getting ~400KH from QT, and getting closer to 1,300kh using minerd and pointing it at the QT.

First, modify your wikicoin.conf if you're going to use an external machine (different than where your QT client is), you'll need to change rpcallowip=  to include the IPs you're mining from  (ie: rpcallowip=x.x.x.x).

minerd.exe -a quark -o http://ipwhereqtclientresides:18456 -u rpcusernameinconffile -p rpcpasswordinconffile

yes, you will see plenty of "booo" results, but you'll get the same thing using the client (lots of orphans right now)

Thank you for reply. QT is ofcause the wallet. i just managed to con fuse my self. But your answer was helpfull thanks.
Activity: 551
pool http://zcoins.org:9852/

minerd64_sse3 -a quark -o http://zcoins.org:9852/ -u WdwYFmyzPJB6eF7pBYttyDKqCEEaAp2JUT

Activity: 532

Those are orphans. You're solving blocks, but other people are also solving them and submitting them to the network faster than you. It's a problem when a coin has low difficulty. Ping makes a difference.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 168
wts 10k+, pm offers
Activity: 238
selling 4k for 5 btc because this is going HUGGEEEE
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
selling 3k, pm me
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
WTS - 5600 WIKI, drop me a pm with offers

really. I make one block per 2 minutes with my 4 cores(+ a little more orphans). 140kh/s total.

only 140kh?  Are you mining from QT or using minerd with quark algo?  Minerd should produce more than that.
Activity: 546
hm

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
~10000 blocked have been generated.
Is it really launched today? Huh Huh Huh Huh

50% orphan at least, maybe even more

Yes, I also found it.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
WTS 5200 coin  Grin
Activity: 126
does someone got the wallet for linux compiled and would tell me how? Smiley

rough instructions

in order to make this compile I had to chmod +x the build_detect.. file in leveldb, then run make-f makefile.unix in src, then qmake & make.  End result is a frozen-qt file :-)

better steps:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/wikicoin-project/wikicoin
cd wikicoin/src/leveldb/
chmod +x build_detect_platform
cd ..
make -f makefile.unix
cd ..
qmake
make
mv frozen-qt wikicoin-qt
Activity: 532
my overclocked i5 feels like a mouse filled with a room of cats.
Pages:
Jump to: