Author

Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet - page 177. (Read 268504 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Well I guess we all know now that there is an either a massive X11 FPGA Farm, new Asic, a ton of GPU power out there... and if it is either 1 or 2, then this is a major issue in my mind and i think it further justifies the need to switch over to POS much, much, much sooner than expected - ie tomorrow night

Also on the mixer, the minimum I mentioned might be too low with the current code, so use at least 0.1

I am surprised the price is not already 200k+ after such news. Have you picked the new block where PoW ends already?

yes 22.5k

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
 I see it raise ,but i didn't buy  it..
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
First account stolen, in traditional BCT fashion!

Based on several factors the block height has been reduced to 22.5k - and then it will be POS only - Unfortunately there isn't a great formula that also maintains network integrity.

An updated windows wallet with the change will be released, GITHUB has already been updated, the 3 exchanges will need to update their wallets asap....

Thankyou for taking quick action. I was concerned myself when I saw the insane amount of hash directed at XC today.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Well I guess we all know now that there is an either a massive X11 FPGA Farm, new Asic, a ton of GPU power out there... and if it is either 1 or 2, then this is a major issue in my mind and i think it further justifies the need to switch over to POS much, much, much sooner than expected - ie tomorrow night

Also on the mixer, the minimum I mentioned might be too low with the current code, so use at least 0.1

I am surprised the price is not already 200k+ after such news. Have you picked the new block where PoW ends already?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

Based on several factors the block height has been reduced to 22.5k - and then it will be POS only - Unfortunately there isn't a great formula that also maintains network integrity.

An updated windows wallet with the change will be released, GITHUB has already been updated, the 3 exchanges will need to update their wallets asap....

i'm sry if i seam to be a suckup i'm honestly not, im just ecstatic, you are the best crypto DEV ever hands down..
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

If we don't end POW soon... all the coins will be in the hands of the major farm... and you know what they will do to the coin?!?!?      They don't care about any coins long term.  Just to dump it and get btc.

this whole X11 FPGA sounds like to much of a rumour then a fact, i have yet to find any facts that could lead to it being real and not just some fud.

Activity: 770

Really wise moove. At last finally a dev monitoring market situation and acting fast without waiting for multipools and gpu farmers to crash the price.
legendary
Activity: 1386

If we don't end POW soon... all the coins will be in the hands of the major farm... and you know what they will do to the coin?!?!?      They don't care about any coins long term.  Just to dump it and get btc.

this, pls end the POW asap
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

everytime you post i like you a little bit more  Cry (tears of joy)
legendary
Activity: 1386

tomorrow or better today end the POW and switch to POS
around 5.2 million coins is a nice number
Activity: 154

1. POS idea is great!
2. Okay, any ETA for a Mac wallet with Anon?

Thanks for your hard work, you're doing a great job - appreciate it!
Activity: 565
AlexGR would you mind stating something of a better distribition and inflation model for XC maybe the dev would consider it if its detailed enough.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
i see what ur saying and agree, but you need to rember XC dev was a CEO of a major company and this coin is capped 10million pow and 33 million total with pos DRK will reach 28mil before we reach 33mil you can be sure of that

We'll see how it turns out. It needs better distribution / scarcer supply / low inflation to become top notch in this department.

I also made an error in my last post regarding the 33m cap vs infinity (I've added an EDIT comment in the end) - you are right.

Alex, you're obviously a fan of low inflation, so how comes you've been supporting Darkcoin all this time?

Darkcoin released more coin quicker than MRO and XC.

Yes that's very good for inflation - even if by accident. Fast initial distribution + low distribution later on = lower debasement of the existing monetary base than a steady curve. That's also a strong point for pow+pos systems if the staking itself does not multiply the monetary base significantly.

Compare that to LTC for example that will issue like another 10.5mn coins by this time next year and it's a disaster. Who the f*** will buy 10.5mn X 10 USD = 105mn in litecoins? It is not sustainable.

MRO has a fast initial distribution and a lower distribution later on, yet you say that's bad too.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Well someone linked this to me theres more rewards on a block then what is supposed to be .

Someone that knows alittle better to explain please thats in DarkCoin already.

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/block.dws?4137.htm

Block generation = 500 DRKs as all other.

+ a transaction of a miner who mined multiple 500 blocks moved them to a single address.
legendary
Activity: 1148
so we have a dev who is:

Consultant - ATC CORP Wireless Consultant - Homeland Security Wireless CEO - Wireless Broadband Systems Network Security - General Dynamics

Huh

that maybe the reason why we have a Anon coin in 2 weeks!!!!
Activity: 269
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Embarrassed
Piss-weak market reaction, thought everyone was millionaire by now

Similar ratio to darkcoin that litecoin has to bitcoin in marketcap. Shows market already priced in anon feature during the nuclear runup yesterday. Also shows first-adopter coins fare better even when similar coins function better fundamentally (won't call this a clone coin if the dev has some unique code). Maybe the future holds more to this coin, but until then gratz to early buyers yesterday on poloniex
if we look at the price of other Anon Coin's price, such as dark and MRo also QCN, we know XC coin still have a lot of potential. And the price is still cheap. XC coin may rank in top10 on coinmarketcap after everything is ready.
this coin will take drk's spot,i'm sure of it, Evan is a good coder, but i dn't think he is on the level of ours, the price of XC when it's all said and done will probably shock the shit out of all of us. one thing to think about is DRKsend wasn't enough so Evan is adding ring signatures, but what our DEV recognized that he didn't is that it will bloat the block chain and make useless to mass usage, who is more on the ball? i will let u decide, another thing is Evan, and don't get me wrong DRK is awesome and he has done great! but his past experience was building bots at home, ours has years of experience of not only extensive coding, working for government agency's, he also ran a company, a crypto is not just a currency, it's a business, a company, well it should be, and what we have here is not only a guy who can deliver the product and constantly enhance to compete with the best, but he will know how to manage it when it gets big, who knows if Evan is up to this task, only time will tell

The dev seems to know his stuff in the technical department and might even be more qualified for the job (this type of job requires someone with the mindset of Anonymint really - which is highly paranoid on things related to security and holes in the design). If I had to rate them, from what I see, I'd say you are right in the security background etc etc, but keep in mind though that Evan also has a financial background and the economic model of dark is one of the best around. So, a crypto being primarily a currency, is very largely affected by economic decisions and economic design.

Stuff like coin number and inflation are critical. If I know that there will be 10 coins more tomorrow per one coin today, why would I buy big with all this dilution? This stuff needs capping and it needs capping yesterday. Being an "infinite" coin through PoS production is also not good for rarity which makes it less valuable - you become something like a DOGEcoin. Arbitrary block numbers like 333 coins per block, 3.33% inflation, 33.3mn coins heavily remind shitcoins even if the technology of the anonymity proves very good. These are stuff that need better design. They are CRITICAL to success.

If everything is staked (not likely, but just to illustrate) 3,33% inflation* through interest means that by year ten these 33.3mn coins will be 44mn and by year 30 it'll be 86mn coins. The interest in itself inflates the coin so the owner gets nothing in reality because the monetary base has been ...debased.

We need much less coin generation (10m sounds good), much less interest and debasement (for those that could be arguing "oh I bought thinking I'll get 3.33% on my coins, think that if the monetary base expands by a similar amount, you'll only win if someone actually buys the extra coins - which is less likely to happen if they know that the coin will be continuously debasing".

The dev must make a decision soon and fix the economic model, no matter what the haters say.

No matter what's happening right now in terms of technology, MRO people are clueless in terms of inflation and massive reward as the production can't be absorbed (I tried to tell them about the price stagnation and that they need to do something - but didn't really listen) and X11coin is problematic in its design as an economic instrument, which I'm highlighting right now and perhaps it'll be fixed.

* 3.33% = worse than gold's 1.3% (2.500 tons added per year in a 180.000 ton above ground supply). Even if half the quantity is staked then it's again >1.3% which is the absolute benchmark in terms of finance.

Consult someone with financial background, see what other cryptos are doing and fix it fast along with the distribution otherwise it will hamper long-term prospects. Then fix the name / brand. And these, all the while working on the anonymity aspect.

My 0.02 duffs.

EDIT: I made an error above claiming infinity for POS, as the cap is set for 33mn.
+1
Consult someone with financial background
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
i see what ur saying and agree, but you need to rember XC dev was a CEO of a major company and this coin is capped 10million pow and 33 million total with pos DRK will reach 28mil before we reach 33mil you can be sure of that

We'll see how it turns out. It needs better distribution / scarcer supply / low inflation to become top notch in this department.

I also made an error in my last post regarding the 33m cap vs infinity (I've added an EDIT comment in the end) - you are right.

Alex, you're obviously a fan of low inflation, so how comes you've been supporting Darkcoin all this time?

Darkcoin released more coin quicker than MRO and XC.

Yes that's very good for inflation - even if by accident. Fast initial distribution + low distribution later on = lower debasement of the existing monetary base than a steady curve. That's also a strong point for pow+pos systems if the staking itself does not multiply the monetary base significantly.

Compare that to LTC for example that will issue like another 10.5mn coins by this time next year and it's a disaster. Who the f*** will buy 10.5mn X 10 USD = 105mn in litecoins? It is not sustainable.
Jump to: