Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 158. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Some more recently active peers for anyone having issues connecting: http://pastebin.com/ec8dThBa
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
You don't need a pool. You need a brain.
CPU mining is dead on the second day of mining.

So you need a pool to??? CPU mine again??? LOL

I am just selling mine on BTER and will never look back on this matter. Case is clear, and should be closed.
Activity: 442
yeah mining for 24 hours nothing, doesn't help "average" desktop users at this point with the diff (since ppl out there with hundreds of cpus)

One average desktop is not enough. You may need 5-10 machines with average CPU. If you don't have that find rather a friend or friends and mine to the one wallet.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I just hope ocminer will soon add a pool on suprnova...

As for GPU miners, I'm pretty sure there is at least one, maybe even 2 private ones available

There is no reason that Dev doesn't develop one for himself since all algorithms are open source. He just doesn't release it. Shame on him.
What is with all these accusations based on no evidence? It's like this place has become a bad drama. Shame on you.

Agreed. This post from the dev also is indicative of not having one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8113615

Dev said he had opencl experience! and the testnet ran for months! and he didn't write a gpu miner just for fair ? wowowowow~~~~

Even more, opencl skill is not required since all the algorithms used are open source. He only need to write several lines of codes to enable GPU mining.

What? Uh... no. You need to do quite a bit of hunting around for the algs, and then put them together - and that's just for a copy+paste hackjob. I probably could have done that by now, but I prefer to do it right.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
yeah mining for 24 hours nothing, doesn't help "average" desktop users at this point with the diff (since ppl out there with hundreds of cpus)
Activity: 462
afaik delaying pools was inevitable, because this coin is not simple copy&paste of bitcoin with different algo

A pool-friendly approach would be implementing own kind of getblocktemplate with documented way of forging blocks outside the daemon.
It was only the wind.

As for GPU miners, I'm pretty sure there is at least one, maybe even 2 private ones available

There is no reason that Dev doesn't develop one for himself since all algorithms are open source. He just doesn't release it. Shame on him.
What is with all these accusations based on no evidence? It's like this place has become a bad drama. Shame on you.

Somebody reported 120 e3v3 have one block in hour
How could it be possible to mine several hundred thousands of coins in several hours? Calculate it by yourself, you idiot! SB!

GPU miners exist; just saying the dev doesn't seem to have one.

Agreed. This post from the dev also is indicative of not having one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8113615

Dev said he had opencl experience! and the testnet ran for months! and he didn't write a gpu miner just for fair ? wowowowow~~~~

He's been quite busy coding the coin itself.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
afaik delaying pools was inevitable, because this coin is not simple copy&paste of bitcoin with different algo
Activity: 462

Even more, opencl skill is not required since all the algorithms used are open source. He only need to write several lines of codes to enable GPU mining.
Actually it was some what intentional to start off without a GPU miner, I wanted Cryptonite to be easy for the average desktop computer to mine in the beginning, so that everyone had a chance to get in on the action during the early phase of mining. But we should have a public GPU miner available any day now, and mining will become dominated by the people who have good GPU's. And to answer illodin's question in the post above this, we created a new PoW algorithm so that a GPU miner wasn't easy to create and because I felt that there needed to be a good multi-hash PoW algorithm that didn't use a bunch of obscure hashing functions. We had overhauled most other aspects of Cryptonite, so why stop at the PoW algorithm.
Effectively you have delayed pools, not the GPU mining: it is way more complicated to coerce the coin's blocks format into stratum than to implement fixed-length bigint multiplication on GPU.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution

Actually it was some what intentional to start off without a GPU miner, I wanted Cryptonite to be easy for the average desktop computer to mine in the beginning, so that everyone had a chance to get in on the action during the early phase of mining. But we should have a public GPU miner available any day now, and mining will become dominated by the people who have good GPU's. And to answer illodin's question in the post above this, we created a new PoW algorithm so that a GPU miner wasn't easy to create and because I felt that there needed to be a good multi-hash PoW algorithm that didn't use a bunch of obscure hashing functions. We had overhauled most other aspects of Cryptonite, so why stop at the PoW algorithm.
It was only the wind.

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Sorry if these are already addressed somewhere, but

Why the dev felt it was necessary to create a new PoW algo?

How many total coins there currently are mined?
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

How could it be possible to mine several hundred thousands of coins in several hours? Calculate it by yourself, you idiot! SB!

I only see  this is to hard solo,i hope have a pool。
we do need a pool!!! DEV
It was only the wind.

I'm fairly sure the dev doesn't have one.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0

I only see  this is to hard solo,i hope have a pool。
Activity: 288
Merit: 105

It was actually talked about to write one for the purpose of making it fair, or at least diffusing the situation, as I'm not completely sure it is unfair for people to write better software. Anyways, it's lot of work and writing hash codes is about the completely most uninteresting thing I could be doing with my time. It is not so hard to write the hashes, but debugging it is a nightmare. So it didn't get done, busy busy with the whole other 40k lines of code that need to work correctly and what not. Keep in mind I got paid to develop the coin, not to try and take all the coins. Bitfreak has some kind of vision here I can only pretend to understand, for the most part it seems to involve trying to appease all parties.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Activity: 154

Activity: 154

Jump to: