Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XMT] Metacoin | First escrow currency | Read the paper - page 4. (Read 12545 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Because I liked this coin and wanted to pursue its development and also the other committed developers agreed with me.
Starting a new coin would have just give a momentum for one or two weeks, and then people would have left for a new altcoin... This is how things works in this space. As we're in a long term project, it doesn't matter whether starting a new coin or not: this coin is cheap, available and the hashrate is currently low... so it's the best combination for everyone (either trader or miner) to join now.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Why not just launch a new coin and gain more support/momentum?
There is now 5 working supernodes. Wallets should sync smoothly now!
We're now working to transfer the source repository from former dev website and github.
We're looking for pool operators to add MTC in their stack mined cryptocurrencies. More stakeholders, means more stability and more added value.
You can contact me inbox if you need help for setup or anything else.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
"add an trustless escrow service in the core of of the currency".............DUDE, now we're talking!!  now that's something REALLY needed in crypto, was talking about this with my nephew.....this is the one benefit left that merchant services like PP offer to purchases of goods over current cryptos.

Great response man.......ya got my attention:-)
Hey dev......so I just got the chance to look into this coin a bit more and I see you took it over from the original developer.  The coin is no longer on any exchanges at the moment correct?  What kind of focus are you giving this coin?  Is this going to be a long term project for you, unlike the previous dev?

Thanks

Yes we took over the original dev and unfortunately this coin is no longer traded at any exchanges but we'll ask to www.usecryptos.com to relist the coin and see how it goes.

Our focus is entirely on Innovation. So yes this a long term, obviously a very long term project. Satoshi work was based on Chaum, Szabo and Dai papers on digital currency. We think it's time to go ahead and implement (in a smart way) many features that were envisioned for a true digital currency decades ago. Expect this coin to have more core features than bitcoin and other altcoins. The first one will be to add an trustless escrow service in the core of of the currency. Someone shared a very good paper explaining how it may work. We'll publish it once we're done with the website and other community services.
Economist are now thinking about what next after paper money http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c47c87ae-e284-11e3-a829-00144feabdc0.html#axzz36eUKkbz6. Our answer is that it's time for a metacoin
legendary
Hey dev......so I just got the chance to look into this coin a bit more and I see you took it over from the original developer.  The coin is no longer on any exchanges at the moment correct?  What kind of focus are you giving this coin?  Is this going to be a long term project for you, unlike the previous dev?

Thanks
legendary
I pasted what is in above quote and wallet synced fine for me.  Made few coins solo mining with my CPU the last few hours as well so it looks like everything working ok.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
still wont sync....
New working nodes :

-  node1.metacoinproject.org on 192.95.12.114
-  node3.metacoinproject.org on 128.199.150.38

Four others on the way.
We have to deal with many providers to be reliable. Our advise is that you add the 9 root nodes in your metacoin.conf file as of today, it'll work like a transparent upgrade, and you'll never need to care about the IP of the working nodes.
Ex:
server=1
port=8485
rpcport=8484
addnode=node1.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node2.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node3.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node4.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node5.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node6.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node7.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node8.metacoinproject.org
addnode=node9.metacoinproject.org
addnode=137.135.210.36
addnode=162.243.101.220
rpcuser=metacoin_user
rpcpassword=c11bWq71Ut23a4fM1b3dfc5bb52dXPf31
Activity: 59
Still no working nodes?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
So you are rebooting or relaunching after the first coin failed?
Activity: 59
Can't connect to either of the nodes in the conf file, can't sync the blockchain.
Activity: 13
less words.no concerning.
Can this be mined with CPU?  When will more nodes be posted to allow syncing of wallet?
Yes can be mined with cpu but GPU miner have been released for quark algo and are far more efficient.
We're working on it, nodes will be added in the next hours.
Metacoin will be the first currency with built-in escrow. More information to come (with a paper)!

But for now we'll start by fixing the network issue, adding more masternodes and launching community websites for metacoin project.
legendary
Can this be mined with CPU?  When will more nodes be posted to allow syncing of wallet?
Yes I know. I'll add a few more nodes once website launched!
You should compile the wallet by yourself until then. I'll come up with new instructions and updated packages.

Activity: 91
Wallets are not synchronized, you need more nodes
7/4/2014 website Launched on www.metacoinproject.org

7/7/2014 we're working on adding more nodes (a total of 9 nodes will be deployed by the end of july) 5/9 achieved

7/8/2014 new source repository here

7/8/2014 new paper describing an internal clearing system that will be included in future releases of metacoin here
Pages:
Jump to: