Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 151. (Read 379977 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250
June 12, 2013, 05:19:19 AM
GPU miner released, heh..
I'm not so hyped about it.. YAC isn't special anymore, right?

Well, hanzac's GPU miner doesn't perform especially well compared with mtrlt's normal scrypt+salsa kernel for mining other scrypt coins on the same hardware.  Hanzac's OpenCL kernel was already mostly released way way back in this thread, he just needed to fix a few bugs.  Anyone that wants to mine YAC really fast on GPU's will have to do a whole lot more than just port the scrypt+chacha code from the scrypt-jane library to OpenCL, which is why I've been maintaining for a while that there's probably many GPU implementations out there that can mine YAC, but probably very few (but at least 1) that actually do it fast enough to be worthwhile.

I tested it long enough to mine about 5 blocks of YAC then switched my GPU farm back to mining LTC.
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
June 12, 2013, 04:56:26 AM
GPU miner released, heh..
I'm not so hyped about it.. YAC isn't special anymore, right?
Activity: 255
June 12, 2013, 12:52:10 AM
i have a problem sending funds

when i do
Code:
yacoind sendtoaddress xxxxxxx xx
i get
Code:
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Error: Transaction creation failed  "}

thanks in advanced

Ill try and help although ive never used yacoind to send funds

Firstly make sure your yacoind is synced first before you try sending funds type yacoind getinfo to check your balence to make sure you have funds

then yacoind getmininginfo to see what block your daemon is synced to as of right now mine says  88886

if its not synced then it wont let you send funds if it is synced let me know if that helps

i understand your running your own p2pool node i have one also but havent sent funds from it yet

and im not sure if you are able to send while its running with python as ive never tried
yes it is synced up, and yes i am runing my own p2pool node.

i turned it off and tried to send payment. no good.

try restarting it with the -rescan command it could be a number of things any chance you have looked at the debug log
maybe there are too many inputs also are you accounting for the transaction fee its hard to help if we i cant see any logs
because that error would come up for a number of reasons you can try running it with the command  yacoind -rescan -keypool 1000

hmmp no such commands for keypool i believe

edit: this is from the debug log
Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  AddToWallet afec0ce192  new

Code:
if (!CreateTransaction(scriptPubKey, nValue, wtxNew, reservekey, nFeeRequired))
    {
        string strError;
        if (nValue + nFeeRequired > GetBalance())
            strError = strprintf(_("Error: This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least %s because of its amount, complexity, or use of recently received funds  "), FormatMoney(nFeeRequired).c_str());
        else
            strError = _("Error: Transaction creation failed  ");
        printf("SendMoney() : %s", strError.c_str());
        return strError;
    }

if (fAskFee && !uiInterface.ThreadSafeAskFee(nFeeRequired, _("Sending...")))
        return "ABORTED";

if (!CommitTransaction(wtxNew, reservekey))
        return _("Error: The transaction was rejected.  This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.");

return "";

found this ins the source so you might need to export privkeys and import to new wallet but im not sure at least we are getting somewhere
i'm going to give that a try tomorrow. i'll let you know how it goes
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 12:34:47 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

Firstly make sure your yacoind is synced first before you try sending funds type yacoind getinfo to check your balence to make sure you have funds

then yacoind getmininginfo to see what block your daemon is synced to as of right now mine says  88886

if its not synced then it wont let you send funds if it is synced let me know if that helps

i understand your running your own p2pool node i have one also but havent sent funds from it yet

and im not sure if you are able to send while its running with python as ive never tried

try restarting it with the -rescan command it could be a number of things any chance you have looked at the debug log
maybe there are too many inputs also are you accounting for the transaction fee its hard to help if we i cant see any logs
because that error would come up for a number of reasons you can try running it with the command  yacoind -rescan -keypool 1000

Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  AddToWallet afec0ce192  new

Code:
if (!CreateTransaction(scriptPubKey, nValue, wtxNew, reservekey, nFeeRequired))
    {
        string strError;
        if (nValue + nFeeRequired > GetBalance())
            strError = strprintf(_("Error: This transaction requires a transaction fee of at least %s because of its amount, complexity, or use of recently received funds  "), FormatMoney(nFeeRequired).c_str());
        else
            strError = _("Error: Transaction creation failed  ");
        printf("SendMoney() : %s", strError.c_str());
        return strError;
    }

if (fAskFee && !uiInterface.ThreadSafeAskFee(nFeeRequired, _("Sending...")))
        return "ABORTED";

if (!CommitTransaction(wtxNew, reservekey))
        return _("Error: The transaction was rejected.  This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.");

return "";

found this ins the source so you might need to export privkeys and import to new wallet but im not sure at least we are getting somewhere
June 12, 2013, 12:09:36 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  AddToWallet afec0ce192  new
edit 2:i tried it again this time i moved the money to a new account i made on the wallet and i get a new error
Code:
SendMoney() : Error: Transaction creation failed  getheaders 88941 to 0000000017d79144f9a9
June 12, 2013, 12:02:19 AM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

because that error would come up for a number of reasons you can try running it with the command  yacoind -rescan -keypool 1000
June 11, 2013, 11:47:43 PM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

June 11, 2013, 11:31:37 PM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:

thanks in advanced

June 11, 2013, 11:23:29 PM

when i do
Code:
i get
Code:
error: {"code":-4,"message":"Error: Transaction creation failed  "}

thanks in advanced
June 11, 2013, 10:18:35 PM

Essentially I am talking about an *official* yacoin takeover.

WindMaster, I think your version should become the official version.

Everyone would applaud and it would be a very good thing for Yacoin..

It is the official client, the 64b windows version was released by Hanzac.

The same person who just released an experimental GPU miner its all here http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,275.0.html
Activity: 335
Merit: 255
Counterparty Developer
June 11, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

Essentially I am talking about an *official* yacoin takeover.

WindMaster, I think your version should become the official version.

Everyone would applaud and it would be a very good thing for Yacoin..
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
June 11, 2013, 09:35:38 PM
Transanctions are still blazingly fast, I love it. Grin
June 11, 2013, 09:24:59 PM
Thanks Hanzac for taking the leap today,

and on another note i have made a Think Tank at the offical YACoin forum http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,273.msg991.html#msg991

its a place where all of our great minds here can come together and develop ideas, decide what is best and agreed upon

then get in their own branches and bring them to reality

Its a place so us as stakeholders and anyone interested can float ideas and agree upon them as a community as opposed to soling it

I made it because ive noticed we are all spread out and really need a place to come together and then we can present them here

because at the moment we get alot of exposure here but its confusing to find out whats happening with YAC unless you have read all the threads from the begining.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
June 11, 2013, 12:58:16 PM
Regarding an auction site, this is probably what would be used to make one: http://www.webidsupport.com/

Would just need to add a payment plugin for YAC and get it hosted. If no one else takes this up, I may do it once I get some free time. At a minimum I would post a number of items to whatever marketplace site was created for YAC.

Where can you get that plugin? I got some free time left...
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
June 11, 2013, 12:37:35 PM
Gday all i just want to introduce myself

Welcome aboard! I'm new too but also been lurking since the beginning. Good job promoting in the newbie forum. I still 100% believe YAC is the best coin around right now, we just need some more community action and promotion to get more adoption. I think it's crucial for YAC to have more users mining because we don't want to risk a 51% attack like FTC and other coins in the past. Botnets and GPU farms are still a major threat right now, and to combat that we need as many individuals mining as possible.

Thanks alot, and i think its just a matter of not being even 60% sure of what will happen in even 6 months time with the way we hash it/secure it

so untill it becomes a bit clearer to certain people that support YAC

we need to just sit tight and keep supporting the infrastructure which is the software devs to build that solid foundation to launch its primary uses i guess and focus

but i could be wrong its just my thought

i came out because i saw some people reach out out to get a feel for who else is still interested in the dev of YAC

so its good to see you come out also Smiley

so my thoughts are once we get a better feeling for whats in the near future for this coin and its engine

we will have a better sense on how to manage the coin and where we can take it

and untill then people will continue to sit on the sidelines but im sure many are watching it

Thanks for the introduction shroomz - what's the fee on your p2pool - perhaps I didn't read everything, or it wasn't posted?
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
June 11, 2013, 12:12:08 PM
If someone could develop a web based miner I have some nice ways to help promote and distribute yac... anyone know where I would start on a script like that?
I am sure I have seen a java applet for mining Bitcoin but can't remember the name ATM. Also I don't know of anything that could mine neither scrypt that litecoin uses nor the scrypt variation that uses YAC-

Most likely a Java implementation of scrypt-chacha will yield pretty low hash rates compared with an actual optimized SSE or AVX-enabled miner on the same hardware.

Also, who has java enabled in their browser these days?
Activity: 347
June 11, 2013, 10:28:02 AM
If someone could develop a web based miner I have some nice ways to help promote and distribute yac... anyone know where I would start on a script like that?
I am sure I have seen a java applet for mining Bitcoin but can't remember the name ATM. Also I don't know of anything that could mine neither scrypt that litecoin uses nor the scrypt variation that uses YAC-

Most likely a Java implementation of scrypt-chacha will yield pretty low hash rates compared with an actual optimized SSE or AVX-enabled miner on the same hardware.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
June 11, 2013, 09:36:00 AM

there is a java applet for bitcoins at www.bitcoinplus.com
Activity: 381
June 11, 2013, 09:17:03 AM

bitcoinplus? something like that would be great
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
June 11, 2013, 09:05:03 AM
Jump to: