Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 18. (Read 346648 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
It means your hashrate will decrease, while the block reward will rise. Maybe with some lag, i don't think anyone is totally sure about what exactly will happen.  Grin

will it be proportional though? so same hardware yielding the same coins/day?  Or is this to push out the lower end cpus?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
It means your hashrate will decrease, while the block reward will rise. Maybe with some lag, i don't think anyone is totally sure about what exactly will happen.  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
anyone care to explain what the N increase on may14th actually means? 
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
YAC price on bter.com overtakes CNC.  No surprise.

Can't wait to see what happens between now and May 14th.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Does luke-jr have a history as altcoin analyser? His post is very short...

He's a developer on Bitcoin. Granted, I'm not saying his claims are valid or anything. I simply posted it because it seemed to go overlooked earlier and thought it would be worth discussing among people that understand the source.
He's one from developers team. Also known as BTC fundamentalist. Roll Eyes

Few months ago he released patch for NVC client, in order to make chain fork starting from block #5500. We all know the results.

Even a genius can make a fool of himself, if he dedicated himself for irrational emotions.

So Luke-Jr engages in sabotage? Shocking!

I read pretty negative things about Luke-Jr before. It seems like there is a major feud between ckolivas (the original author of cgminer) kano and Luke-Jr. You might subsume that the latter did some forking/stealing of code without credits etc. See here, e.g.

In effect, Con has decided that CGMiner will become/live on (how long?) as a de facto hostile fork of BFGMiner (which has continuity of maintenance). I'm disappointed Con has chosen to severe cooperation between CGMiner and BFGMiner, but I hope to continue pulling as many improvements from CGMiner as possible

How can he even dare to claim that CGMiner is the hostile fork and pull as many improvements from CGMiner? He is even contradicting himself there!

I am not happy at all seeing all this greed, stealing, FUD-ing and scamming in this altcoin forum. But what should I expect if reputation is counted in number of posts... Wink

There's a YAC tip going your way, sir.
Thank you, Sir!
legendary
Firts trading platform to introduce YAC is Bter.com

www.bter.com/trade/yac_btc

Wow - that got to the exchange quick.  Anyway, I'm glad it can be traded more easily now.

However, the primary goal is to get merchants using YAC.

No merchant will accept YAC or any other coin except BTC just like that. YAC network and community must show they stand behind the coin, not jump off it as soon as yet
another idiot releases pointless altcoin. There are too many cryptocoins out there right now, so if you expect YAC to become something special you should work on it becoming
something special. Just pointing your hashpower into it makes no difference really. Coin supply will be the same regardless of hashrate given that hashpower is constant for
long period of time.

It was community efforts what made BTC what it is today.

Well said.  People should unite to make YAC all it can be.  I've used it and I love it.  The transaction speedup _is_ a big deal for consumers.  You know what they say, "time is money".

Adue
Thanks, looks good to a non dev like me.  Grin
I guess if this coin really was broken, we'd have heard by many other coders by now too.
[tinfoilhat]
Maybe luke has recognized the potential of this coin and tried to discredit it.
[/tinfoilhat]

-edit- sent small tip too  Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The cryptocoin watcher
Luke-Jr analysis was complete bollocks. He did not even bother to look closely. I have disproved him here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2125796

There's a YAC tip going your way, sir.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Ofcourse thanks for posting it, now noticed he's a rather famous person here. Still think it seems he just quickly looked through it, which may be enough if his claim holds true.
Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.  Cheesy

Luke-Jr analysis was complete bollocks (edit: GB-english for bullshit). He did not even bother to look closely. I have disproved him here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2125796
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

He's a developer on Bitcoin. Granted, I'm not saying his claims are valid or anything. I simply posted it because it seemed to go overlooked earlier and thought it would be worth discussing among people that understand the source.
He's one from developers team. Also known as BTC fundamentalist. Roll Eyes

Few months ago he released patch for NVC client, in order to make chain fork starting from block #5500. We all know the results.

Even a genius can make a fool of himself, if he dedicated himself for irrational emotions.
Activity: 644
Well that's interesting. Altcoinkiller wanting to badmouth new altcoin.  Roll Eyes
Luke-Jr, feel free to come forward with a more thorough explanation why N is not dynamic.
Mining BQC too atm.  51% my ass. Cool

BQC & YAC? - you need to see this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-asic-with-off-wdc-support-203342

K.
Well that's interesting. Altcoinkiller wanting to badmouth new altcoin.  Roll Eyes
Luke-Jr, feel free to come forward with a more thorough explanation why N is not dynamic.
Mining BQC too atm.  51% my ass. Cool
legendary
Activity: 1260

He is extremely biased against all alt-coins. He executed a 51% attack that killed BBQ when it launched and has an extremely negative stance towards Litecoin. He's well known for this...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
this coin is better for decentralization, because servers are available at any time to anyone who can afford them (asics keep the power in the hands of the few)

Agreed.

So far YAC's "IPO" on bter.com has been very successful and quite different than that of CNC and FTC.

1) FTC and CNC both opened high and closed low.

* YAC opened low and is currently just above the price it opened at.  Suggesting strength and also a good buy (since it opened low).  I think the next 24 hours will see YAC trading at twice what it is now.

2) FTC and CNC had nothing behind them technologically, no upcoming events which could cause a rally or continued interest in them

* YAC has dynamic N factor and upcoming events when the N-factor will change and difficulty will drop, giving CPU miners some incentive to mine.

Date of interest

May 14, N=64, 8Kb
May 17, N=128, 16Kb
May 20, N=256, 32Kb
May 29, N=512, 64Kb

And it keeps going until GPUs don't have enough memory.

So, I am extremely bullish on YAC.  And I think the current price is a way early buy in point.
So eventually mining yacoins is going to require a lot of ram?
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.  Cheesy

(Source)
legendary
YAC is doing quite well on bter.com

legendary
this coin is better for decentralization, because servers are available at any time to anyone who can afford them (asics keep the power in the hands of the few)

Agreed.

So far YAC's "IPO" on bter.com has been very successful and quite different than that of CNC and FTC.

1) FTC and CNC both opened high and closed low.

* YAC opened low and is currently just above the price it opened at.  Suggesting strength and also a good buy (since it opened low).  I think the next 24 hours will see YAC trading at twice what it is now.

2) FTC and CNC had nothing behind them technologically, no upcoming events which could cause a rally or continued interest in them

* YAC has dynamic N factor and upcoming events when the N-factor will change and difficulty will drop, giving CPU miners some incentive to mine.

Date of interest

May 14, N=64, 8Kb
May 17, N=128, 16Kb
May 20, N=256, 32Kb
May 29, N=512, 64Kb

And it keeps going until GPUs don't have enough memory.

So, I am extremely bullish on YAC.  And I think the current price is a way early buy in point.
Ofcourse thanks for posting it, now noticed he's a rather famous person here. Still think it seems he just quickly looked through it, which may be enough if his claim holds true.
Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.  Cheesy
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: