Pages:
Author

Topic: Another 2 BTC bounty for CGminer and BFL singles! - page 2. (Read 2600 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
The "has stopped working" message indicates that something has been written to the Windows Event Viewer log, look there for any additional clues.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
Code:
C:\Users\user\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.1-win32\cgminer.exe -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM6

If that works, CGminer just crashes with 4 -S arguments for whatever reason. If it fails, you've got a bad single, a bad cable, or the wrong COM port.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
OK, I have 2 systems each that run 3x BFL singles.  I am trying to add a 4th, and I keep crashing CGminer.  

The .bat file that works is this:

C:\Users\user\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.1-win32\cgminer.exe -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5

when I add the new single, and add the port scan, it looks like this:

C:\Users\user\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.1-win32\cgminer.exe -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM 6

When i try to use that second .bat file, CGminer crashes after scanning the ports.  

Any help that fixes this problem gets 2 BTC!!

I believe it's not crashing, but rather closing the batch file because "-S COM 6" is not a valid argument. You might want to try "-S COM6" or running cmd.exe then pasting the command in.

I think it's trying to scan for COM, which you don't have a single plugged into.

Typo......this is the actual .bat that is crashing:

C:\Users\user\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.1-win32\cgminer.exe -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6

nice catch though!  

CGminer is launching fine, scans the 4 ports, then the pop-up that says "CGminer has stopped working"  
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
OK, I have 2 systems each that run 3x BFL singles.  I am trying to add a 4th, and I keep crashing CGminer.  

C:\Users\user\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.1-win32\cgminer.exe -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM 6

When i try to use that second .bat file, CGminer crashes after scanning the ports.  

I believe it's not crashing, but rather closing the batch file because "-S COM 6" is not a valid argument. You might want to try "-S COM6" or running cmd.exe then pasting the command in.

I think it's trying to scan for COM, which you don't have a single plugged into.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
OK, I have 2 systems each that run 3x BFL singles.  I am trying to add a 4th, and I keep crashing CGminer. 

Pages:
Jump to: