Pages:
Author

Topic: Another attempt from Impersonators of Trust Wallet Support to steal. - page 2. (Read 213 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 113
I would also like to say that although this were scammers imitating trust wallet support, they could choose another wallet tomorrow, to imitate their support and see the victims they can get.
this has always been their strategy. They will clone a particular wallet and model their message in such a way that looking at it for the first time, if you are not careful you might just give them your details and end up losing all your holdings.

The truth is that victims of these scammers are not just newbies that are still new to the industry but old investors still fall victim of this tactics.

Everyone should be careful on how they handle their security. you can't know it all as long as it concerns scammers. As this format leaks out to the public, they will device new means of getting their naive victims and the best thing to do is to never give out your seed phrase to any one or impute it in any other site apart from where it is required.

don't be the victim. Play safe.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
A non custodial wallet gives us private keys or mnemonic seeds and only users own those keys or seeds.

A non custodial wallets ask for KYC from users is already weird.
Another weird request is to KYC, users have to enter wallet seed words.

Only combine two requests, it's enough to don't follow the request.

How did you get the phishing email?

Very possibly, your email address was in data breaches. Check with https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and if possible, I recommend you to use a new email after all.
Activity: 728
Merit: 308
There are many criminals who have tripled their effort to steal bitcoins from people who will fall victim to their method of scamming. Trust wallet is one of the most widely used wallets by some investors, and scammers have devised a way to trick new investors who are not vast in information to expose their seed phrase.

A friend of mine received these emails which are from scammers.

Now because all these kinds of scams have always been existing and we that are members of this forum are constantly exposed to it before we become victims, the real risk of becoming victims is not with us here, but new investors who are not so informed to be able to know these scams. We should also let people outside the forum be aware that these kinds of scams exist and will be a thing in this season before the halving.

I would also like to say that although this were scammers imitating trust wallet support, they could choose another wallet tomorrow, to imitate their support and see the victims they can get.
Pages:
Jump to: