Pages:
Author

Topic: Another billionaire just invested in bitcoin - page 2. (Read 894 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 20, 2020, 09:51:00 AM
And on the other hand we have that other billioner who didn't undersatnd crypto and sold everything he had at a disadvantage  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
November 20, 2020, 08:21:54 AM
I think all the rich people in the world will flock to invest in bitcoin because the benefits are very tempting for everyone, why not? the price just soared and continued to soar.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
November 20, 2020, 07:23:38 AM
With the recent rise in bitcoin price now, which has successfully drawn attention all over the world, it also caught the attention of a Mexican billionaire who recently invested 10% of his liquid portfolio into bitcoin according to Cointelegraph, the man in person is Ricardo Salinas Pliego who is the second richest man in Mexico, he also shared a video showing banks throwing out garbage bags filled with paper money into a dumpster,looks like he got tired of using paper money after seeing that Cheesy.

Link to the full article here : https://cointelegraph.com/news/mexico-s-second-richest-man-invests-10-of-his-liquid-portfolio-in-bitcoin/

Aside from this news, from the look of things, I feel like bitcoin will hit its ATH before the end of the year, yet again bitcoin halving brings another bull run.
What's are your thoughts about this guys?

This is a great move for a billionaire to invest 10% of his wealth into bitcoin. Publicity is waving at his doorstep by the time the article was published. I guess that person is either confident enough to trust bitcoin and is knowledgeable about the risks or merely joining the bandwagon since bitcoin is approaching bullish or ATH. Either way, I think it’s still a wise decision to put just a specific percentage of his wealth into bitcoin investment. Because as we know, bitcoin is volatile. In addition, it’s better to diversify rather than putting everything into one storage.

If majority of the elites would invest their money too in bitcoin, this could create a good impact to the price movement of btc in the market. Hopefully during the end of the year, bitcoin’s value would hit higher and higher.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
November 20, 2020, 04:56:27 AM
Billionaires are not "investing" in BTC to make
money, they are investing to protect what they
already have. They have already made their
wealth and are fearful of their fund melting
as inflation increases.

BTC is more and more looking like a sound
store of value.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
November 20, 2020, 03:09:50 AM
This is a very good news for the entire crypto space, that one of the richest men in Mexico invested in Bitcoin, which then means that, those who doubted Bitcoin will be surprised, those who thought it won't grow nor get the required attention will be even more surprised, because this is just the beginning. Also, with more attention and funds going into Bitcoin means more growth and maybe new ATH will be reached soon, I wouldn't say this year though, because predictions is something that hardly works here, but with more attention we will achieve that. Lastly, this is also another clear proof that holding Bitcoin is actually the best way to get started with the crypto space.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
November 20, 2020, 02:01:48 AM
It feels great.

Not because the price is continuously increasing but because of the people that are slowly adapting or investing in it. And it is not just that, people will continue to ride this wave since they are seeing more and more popular people are investing in it. If this is the case it might reach another ATH this year, but still, I doubt that it will be an ATH this year.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
November 19, 2020, 09:26:24 PM
Is it the first time someone very wealthy tells us how much he put in BTC (allegedly) ? That's definitely a significant move, and 10% is the right amount I feel, if it goes to zero he's not too hurt, if it goes up it's enough to continue to be very rich even if the other 90% of stuff he owns goes to zero.

Nope, not the first time.

Michael Saylor, Microstrategy's CEO, also made public pronouncements of his $240 million in Bitcoin. Michael Novogratz also made it public how much percentage of his net worth is in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Twitter's Jack Dorsey also provided some hints. And who hasn't heard of the famous twins Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss' public revelation that they own around 1% of the entire Bitcoin in circulation? The list goes on.

Michael Saylor put his company's money in BTC, not his own (that we know of). It's not the same thing, as he had to announce this anyway, for a publicly traded company.

Therefore, what you know is definitely wrong. Before Microstrategy's venture into Bitcoin, Michael has already owned 17,732BTC. That would be more than $300 million right now. That's his personal stash. Microstrategy, on the other hand, owns around 38,250BTC. That would be more than half a billion dollar in value as of the current Bitcoin price.  

The Winklevoss brothers are bitcoin millionaires from the start so it's not the same thing either.

What makes an early entry into Bitcoin different? That was riskier, to begin with.

Michael Novogratz is a better example, I see he's trading crypto as it's his thing (hedge fund manager), but indeed he talks about his holdings.

In which case, you might also count in Wall Street's billionaire hedge fund manager, Paul Tudor Jones, for revealing that he's invested around 2% of his assets in Bitcoin. Either way, Ricardo Salinas Pliego is certainly not the first person who announced that a certain portion of his worth is invested in Bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 19, 2020, 12:17:09 PM
This is good news that will make bitcoin have additional bullish strength and is likely to allow bitcoin to penetrate the previous ATH in 2017.
now it is only a matter of time until the time comes
not only is this a lot of good news bitcoin at this time like from paypal but I have not checked the truth and its sequel
Indeed this is a wonderful news in the crypto sphere, it will definitely cause people to fomo and buy more bitcoins, thus bitcoin will continue being bullish, lately more investors have started seeing alot of potentials in bitcoin, that's why there are so many big investors in bitcoin now, and with PayPal finally accepting bitcoin on their platform, with the amount of users they have this will really increase the mass adoption rate, bitcoin might just hit its ATH before the end of the year, it's above $18k as at the time I'm writing this post.
Activity: 328
Merit: 2
November 19, 2020, 11:50:06 AM
A billionaire who invested in bitcoin will become more richer and it could be a way to attract more wealthy people to accept and use bitcoin. It has a good impact on bitcoin industry and who knows next will be the government. If government will also invest in bitcoin I think the adoption for bitcoin will become wider.
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
November 19, 2020, 11:33:59 AM
from day to day the price of bitcoin is getting more expensive, in the crypto market we can see a graph of the price of bitcoin that is increasing.  at this point we can see that bitcoin price is over $ 17k and it is possible that bitcoin price will reach $ 20k.  billionaires really like the increase in the price of bitcoin, they will definitely buy bitcoins in large quantities.  I am sure the price of bitcoin will continue to rise because the demand for bitcoin in the crypto market is getting busier.
Activity: 994
Merit: 11
Daxetoken.net
November 19, 2020, 11:24:40 AM
Every time the value of bitcoin  surge high, many people specially those rich individual or businessman will suddenly appear and make a name for bitcoin. Well, it's good for bitcoin but how long they will stay in crypto space? What if after they adopt bitcoin, it will suddenly crash, do they stay and continue supporting bitcoin or they will back out? Bitcoin always attract investors, companies, millionaires and billionaires if it's price didn't stop to rise.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 102
November 19, 2020, 11:11:50 AM
If he invested at this time it means that he must be newbie in crypto world because the bitcoin now is just getting back at its former value of 2018 and for btc to grow more some new developments must occur in order to achive the true potential of bitcoin but i do not think it will be soon in that case he has to hold it for a while.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
November 19, 2020, 11:10:01 AM
We are getting more people to invest in bitcoin and it's gaining more attention nowadays which I can say is a good thing for us. And the fact that he invested 10% of his liquid portfolio means he has a trust in bitcoin that it will do well in the next coming months or years. If this will continue, it can also attract other people but I just hope that these people who are keeping their eye on bitcoin to invest should know how the market works and how to deal with it.
There is bad and good thing about this.
The good thing is that those billionaire did really drive the market into a positive moves.
Of corse they have a big influence as they splash a lot of money not only thousands dollar but millions!
And the bad thing that should concern each of us is that this kind investor wontstay forever, they wont stay for long enough as whenever they see it is enough, they could dump it all at once without thinking thercould be a serious damage caused.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1026
In Search of Incredible
November 19, 2020, 10:51:45 AM
Though he isn't new to bitcoin but it's really good to hear that he have invested 10% of his liquid portfolio in bitcoin. Maybe there are more billionaire who invested in bitcoin recently but haven't said anything publicly. It attracts a lot of new people attention in btc while this kind of news spreads publicly. Pliego made his first investment in btc four years ago.

The Bitcoin billionaire bandwagon has another representative in the likes of Mexico’s second-wealthiest man – Ricardo Salinas Pliego. He recently highlighted the problems with fiat currencies, especially in Latin America, and clarified that his first BTC purchase came four years ago.
Source:: After Buying Bitcoin at $800 in 2016, Mexico’s Second-Richest Man Doubles Down
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
November 19, 2020, 10:26:13 AM
But for some reason, many people hide this from the public.

There are a lot of possible reasons for that, depending on the country they're from, for example:

* they want to buy more and don't want to create hype that'll make them pay more for it
* the invested money may not be 100% pristine
* they don't want IRS ask too many questions based on badly/incompletely written laws (they may declare as "other investments")
* they don't want to become targets for ransom/thieves (the 5$ wrench story)
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
November 19, 2020, 10:07:54 AM
More and more rich people are investing in crypto. I'm sure of it. But for some reason, many people hide this from the public.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Signature Space For Rent
November 19, 2020, 09:41:31 AM
I have seen that news on the Cointelegraph telegram channel. If you observe bull markets, then you will notice that many bull news like this. We can say due to the current bull trend that investors had decided to invest his 10% liquid portfolio into bitcoin, which is another bull news, and most likely we have seen an effect on bitcoin price. I will say that person took the right time decision although I believe he should invest more earlier.

That's crypto, when bitcoin will be in bear mode, then you will see many bear news. And when Bitcoin is in bull mode, you will see many bull news.
Activity: 322
Merit: 116
November 19, 2020, 09:18:38 AM
Aside from this news, from the look of things, I feel like bitcoin will hit its ATH before the end of the year, yet again bitcoin halving brings another bull run.
What's are your thoughts about this guys?
It is possible that the price of bitcoin might hit a new all time high valuation before the end of this year but my mind is still telling that we might see a correction and the price would settle around $15k by the end of this year.

Exactly my thought, i feel like its going to happen what just happen last 2017. People have learned enough that time, and there might be something new to happen. Still can't predict what will be the behaviour of Bitcoin's price this year. But knowing that there more people coming in, we can still hope that there will be a new high this year. But as we see, for every high there is always a price correction. Bitcoin is so attractive for billionaires specially this season of time.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
November 19, 2020, 08:33:31 AM
We are getting more people to invest in bitcoin and it's gaining more attention nowadays which I can say is a good thing for us. And the fact that he invested 10% of his liquid portfolio means he has a trust in bitcoin that it will do well in the next coming months or years. If this will continue, it can also attract other people but I just hope that these people who are keeping their eye on bitcoin to invest should know how the market works and how to deal with it.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
November 19, 2020, 07:26:12 AM
Is it the first time someone very wealthy tells us how much he put in BTC (allegedly) ? That's definitely a significant move, and 10% is the right amount I feel, if it goes to zero he's not too hurt, if it goes up it's enough to continue to be very rich even if the other 90% of stuff he owns goes to zero.

Nope, not the first time.

Michael Saylor, Microstrategy's CEO, also made public pronouncements of his $240 million in Bitcoin. Michael Novogratz also made it public how much percentage of his net worth is in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Twitter's Jack Dorsey also provided some hints. And who hasn't heard of the famous twins Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss' public revelation that they own around 1% of the entire Bitcoin in circulation? The list goes on.

Michael Saylor put his company's money in BTC, not his own (that we know of). It's not the same thing, as he had to announce this anyway, for a publicly traded company.

The Winklevoss brothers are bitcoin millionaires from the start so it's not the same thing either.

Michael Novogratz is a better example, I see he's trading crypto as it's his thing (hedge fund manager), but indeed he talks about his holdings.
Pages:
Jump to: