Pages:
Author

Topic: Another "bitcoin pizza" thread - page 2. (Read 1425 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 07, 2015, 05:11:36 PM
Bitcoin stil isn't mainstream enough for them to care. That would be a cool idea for the future.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
October 07, 2015, 04:18:19 PM
Yeah but it is a pretty good "hook" for papa john. Find out who does their PR and send them a "pitch"
It could make a funny ad they might use or a promotional thing. It may already be on their radar. Integrating btc payments isn't so hard. They are probably scared of regulatory legal issues more than anything. They're part of history so they "own" the bragging rights anyway.

Drop them a fan mail about it, they might send you a coupon for one of their inedible pizza pies.

Poo Poo John's is what I call it
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
October 07, 2015, 04:07:11 PM
So everyone knows the story of the 10,000 BTC pizza a few years ago, lots of threads on it, yada yada yada... I saw a thread today and had a thought.

I looked back and realized that the "10,000 Bitcoin pizza" was bought from Papa Johns (I know the bitcoin wasnt actually spent at Papa Johns). My thought was what if Papa Johns used this in marketing and started accepting Bitcoin. That would be so great! They are a large well known company thats spread all across the US. It would provide legitimacy, expose a larger number of people to it and would allow people to use bitcoin in the real world rather than just online. They could market as the first ever bitcoin transaction and/or tie in something about how much those 10,000BTC would be worth (as if it were invested).

I wanted to suggest this but their website says they only accept suggestions from internal. http://www.papajohns.com/customer-service/
Does anyone know someone who owns/works at a Papa Johns and could sell them on the idea?

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: