Pages:
Author

Topic: Another stimulus bill in line for the US - page 2. (Read 290 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
November 23, 2020, 08:04:27 PM
No, it is not OK.  The United States taxpayers are going to be paying for all of this stimulus eventually--or somebody's going to be paying for it, though I can't imagine it won't be the citizens themselves.  I look at these relief checks as loans, not free money.

The forgivable payroll loans and extra unemployment benefits were way more expensive than the direct stimulus checks. Whether to rain so much unemployment money on laid off or furloughed workers is one of the things I agree with Republicans on. It's creating incentives not to work, and it gives so much money to people beyond their actual needs.

It's all inevitable though. Completely unprecedented stimulus just occurred under a Republican presidency and Senate majority, if you can believe it. No way it's stopping under Biden.

Deutsche Bank analysts are betting on a ~$750 billion package in early 2021, somewhere in between the $500 billion McConnell is pushing and the $2 trillion the Democrats want. That seems like a reasonable expectation.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
November 23, 2020, 05:14:17 PM
Okay , this seems very good , but is spoon feeding the public for this long okay ??
No, it is not OK.  The United States taxpayers are going to be paying for all of this stimulus eventually--or somebody's going to be paying for it, though I can't imagine it won't be the citizens themselves.  I look at these relief checks as loans, not free money.

Shouldn't only the jobless and the people actually in need be benefited by the bill Huh Plus why are aren't they also including the homeless without any house and documents ..maybe make a small centre for them to survive till the pandemic.
Because life isn't fair, and the US government is even more unfair than life in general.  But there have been homeless people around for a lot longer than the COVID-19 epidemic, so it isn't like they're ineligible for any assistance.  I think the government wants to support those folks who've been put out of a job because of the pandemic, and there are a hell of a lot of them out there.

Anyway, we'll see what the fate of this bill is going to be.  Nobody has received any relief money as of yet, and any number of things can go wrong while we're waiting for the government to decide what it's going to do.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
November 23, 2020, 05:00:08 PM
Pumping money into the economy has its disadvantages as it could lead to inflation.

Money is pumped in the economy constantly. But those people that get it are buying stocks. Stimulus checks are spent for goods and not fro stocks. So this is right way to pump money in the economy. Even better would be to build needed infrastructure.  
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
November 23, 2020, 03:28:37 PM

If their budget is "x" let us assume, why don't they distribute "x/2" and use this "x/2" to start new job opportunities for them , they can even help the people to come in terms with the pandemic.

Most of these are going to the people who doesn't even need them, what about that Huh

Shouldn't only the jobless and the people actually in need be benefited by the bill Huh Plus why are aren't they also including the homeless without any house and documents ..maybe make a small centre for them to survive till the pandemic.

People let's share your honest opinion about the bills and what they should be used for?? Is this entirely right ??

source
$ 500 billion is a lot, but you can't spend too much on the homeless or unemployed. Because that only makes the economy weaker when the aid banks are less costly.
Don't worry, that $ 500 billion will also go to food supply and jobs for people in need, but it will be a rather limited budget.
The reason the policy does not target many extreme people is because it is the government. They have to choose a plan that works for the long term and saves the most people instead of focusing on a few. And I fully support it, sacrificing small things for success is a very good philosophy in the political world.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
November 23, 2020, 02:49:29 PM
Okay , this seems very good , but is spoon feeding the public for this long okay ??
Pumping money into the economy has its disadvantages as it could lead to inflation, but as the pandemic has grinded retail businesses to a halt, it becomes necessary to boost spending so as to revive the economy. The other option would be to react quickly and prevent the spread of the virus, but the US has already failed on this front. A vaccine is the best resort now.

If their budget is "x" let us assume, why don't they distribute "x/2" and use this "x/2" to start new job opportunities for them , they can even help the people to come in terms with the pandemic.
I haven't looked at the details yet, but I doubt the entire amount would be handed over to citizens, there would likely be a budget for MSMEs as well as large cooperations, inorder to keep them running or bail them out.

Most of these are going to the people who doesn't even need them, what about that Huh
Shouldn't only the jobless and the people actually in need be benefited by the bill Huh.
Something like this was actually attempted in my country, the government proposed sending aid to individuals whose accounts held below a certain amount, but it didn't work out. A pandemic affects majority of people in different ways, and if one has lost to any degree due to the lockdown, I think they should be entitled to relieve packages.

Plus why are aren't they also including the homeless without any house and documents ..maybe make a small centre for them to survive till the pandemic.
This is a very valid argument. They are part of the country and could aid or curb the spread of the virus, so they should be included in government plans as well. Not sure of any administration currently doing this.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
November 23, 2020, 01:45:36 PM

WASHINGTON — Advisers to President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. are planning for the increasing likelihood that the United States economy is headed for a “double-dip” recession early next year. They are pushing for Democratic leaders in Congress to reach a quick stimulus deal with Senate Republicans, even if it falls short of the larger package Democrats have been seeking, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Until now, Mr. Biden, Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California and Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, have insisted that Republicans agree to a spending bill of $2 trillion or more, while Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, wants a much smaller package. The resulting impasse has threatened to delay additional economic aid until after Mr. Biden’s inauguration on Jan. 20.

Many of the president-elect’s advisers have become convinced that deteriorating economic conditions from the renewed surge in Covid-19 infections and the looming threat of millions of Americans losing jobless benefits in December amid a wave of evictions and foreclosures require more urgent action before year’s end. That could mean moving at least part of the way toward Mr. McConnell’s offer of a $500 billion package.

Apparently the US economy as we all know is falling the president yet again is advised to pass a quick stimulus deal with the senate.

Apparently the president and their team are going to negotiate this 500$ billion to make sure that the public get as much money as they can afford.

People let's share your honest opinion about the bills and what they should be used for?? Is this entirely right ??

source
Pages:
Jump to: