Author

Topic: Answer the question above with a question. - page 370. (Read 656153 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I already knew the definition but wanted to see it in print as I don't think that's what lynn_402 had in mind, do you?

What did you think I had in mind?

I don't know for sure but isn't that why I made the suggestion?

Yes.
What do you suggest now?

I would suggest that there is a tendecy for some to become snippy and mean, even in threads which are supposed to be harmless and fun and I think that is a shame, don't you?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I already knew the definition but wanted to see it in print as I don't think that's what lynn_402 had in mind, do you?

Yes.
What do you suggest now?

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

Is it really free-speech if trolls and impertinent persons cannot express themselves freely via this communication medium ?

If free-speech by definition applies itself to humans, and if humans by definition are rational individuals capable of intelligent thoughts, are trolls worthy of free-speech?

Could you please define "impertinent"?

adjective
adjective: impertinent

not showing proper respect; rude.
    "an impertinent question"
    synonyms:   rude, insolent, impolite, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, uncivil, discourteous, disrespectful; More
    impudent, cheeky, pert, audacious, bold, brazen, brash, presumptuous, forward;
    tactless, undiplomatic;
    informalsaucy, sassy, smart-alecky
    "impertinent remarks"
    antonyms:   polite
    formal
    not pertinent to a particular matter; irrelevant.
    "talk of “rhetoric” and “strategy” is impertinent to this process"
    synonyms:   rude, insolent, impolite, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, uncivil, discourteous, disrespectful; More

What else do you want to know?

legendary

Is it really free-speech if trolls and impertinent persons cannot express themselves freely via this communication medium ?

If free-speech by definition applies itself to humans, and if humans by definition are rational individuals capable of intelligent thoughts, are trolls worthy of free-speech?

adjective
adjective: impertinent

not showing proper respect; rude.
    "an impertinent question"
    impudent, cheeky, pert, audacious, bold, brazen, brash, presumptuous, forward;
    tactless, undiplomatic;
    informalsaucy, sassy, smart-alecky
    "impertinent remarks"
    antonyms:   polite
    formal
    not pertinent to a particular matter; irrelevant.
    "talk of “rhetoric” and “strategy” is impertinent to this process"

What else do you want to know?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Does me asking about a 10,000 Bitcoin violate something?  I thought I was hinting he should buy me one, or was I wrong?

Doesn't "impertinent" mean a thought or action that is out of its place and is not relevant to the context in witch it was made, nor does it contribute?

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Would self moderation contribute to the free expression of thoughts and ideas?

Do free-speech justify letting a communication medium be intellectually polluted by trolls and impertinent persons?

Is it really free-speech if what you perceive as trolls and impertinent persons cannot express themselves freely via this communication medium ?

Do free-speech justify letting a communication medium be intellectually polluted by trolls and impertinent persons?
Does this thread need to get tainted by these speculations?

Please don't taint the thread.
How can we keep it "pure" this time?

"Pure" by whose definition?

Would it be ethical if the OP self-moderated this thread according to his definition of what "pure" is?

Would it be ethical if the OP self-moderated this thread according to his definition of what "pure" is?

legendary

Do these speculations need to be tainted by this thread?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Do you think it will reach $10,000 a Bitcoin?
Can you spell "GT-40"?
Isn't that the car that won four times in a row?

Indeed it was and why should it not have?

Was that not the car the Henry Ford Jr. Built specifically to beat Enzo Ferrari?

It was and did he not do a good job of it?

Do you have the funds to buy me one?

Not at present but with Bitcoin in play is it not possible that in future I could?
Jump to: