Pages:
Author

Topic: [Anti-spam Suggestion] Forbid newbies to post URL's - page 2. (Read 567 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 280
scammy links to ICO's or whatsoever
If scam is the issue, why don't we restrict people to post ICO ANN here? Aren't they scamming more? Lots of new ICO is launched daily and people lose thousands of dollar.
I'm agreed with you but if you consider scam, restricting ICO ANN will be more effective.
Also, because of those ICO ANN thread, spams are increasing too.

I think theymos is not thinking about this now at all. Otherwise, in recent updated restriction, he would definitely add this one too.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
This was suggested before but nothing happened, I hope this time to have some solution.
Some time ago I came across one or two posts of newbies with changed link, they had the referral part of the link "cut out" from the legit link.  I think I got one PM too.
Activity: 108
Merit: 14
Yeah, was a lot of spam. Their latest examples are the RKT - 8 Robot. And in social networks and on our forum and in Telegram.
Activity: 122
Merit: 20
Jet Cash's better half
I'd include juniors in the restriction as well. One merit is too easy to get.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Based on the last few 'spam attacks' (for example: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbies-necro-posting-and-spamming-to-promote-a-referral-link-5061448) of newbie bots posting some shady and scammy links to ICO's or whatsoever,

i'd be interested in hearing what you guys think about restricting them from posting URL's at all ?

My suggestion would be to remove the whole [url] tags, including the link inbetween AND any link posted without [url]-tags (similar to the 'suspicious link removed' message).

IMO there is no necessity for a newbie (who didn't even receive 1 merit) to post any URL.
Pages:
Jump to: