Pages:
Author

Topic: Antinalysis - free tool to check the dirtyness of bitcoin address - page 2. (Read 446 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
The title pretty much speaks for itself: there is a free tool called Antinalysis, with which you can check with which entities (e.g. exchanges, mixers, blacklists, etc.) your own or someone else's bitcoin address is associated. The list of all known entities, along with the example of how the service performs its search, can be found here.
This tool can be useful sometimes, and having .onion domain is good, but I doubt it is accurate enough, except for well known addresses that are publicly blacklisted like ofac list and others.
I tried testing with one address used in fake giveaway scam and Antinalysis result showed connection with exchanges kraken, binance and unknown miner.
This could be said for most bitcoins that are circulating today, they are all connected with some exchange and unknown miners.
I would not trust any website like this, and it could mean that you could be targeting your address as suspicious just by entering it in this website.

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I mean, how they know an address is from an exchange and not from a web wallet when they tell "unknown exchange"? Or how they know it's a ransomware when they tell "unknown ransomware"? Cheesy
All it does is look at every deposit to an address, and follow those coins back until they hit a match against one of their categories. If you withdraw from an exchange, for example, and your coins come from an address which is not yet known to belong to that exchange (since exchanges use new addresses all the time), then it will just keep going back in time until it does hit a match.

I guess that it's something like that, but since they don't know which centralized exchange it is, it may be very well any other centralized service following the same pattern. Like a centralized custodian web wallet provider.

If you do have concerns with the history of your coins, then rather than looking them up on such service better to just mix or coinjoin them and be done with it.

That's true, although some are still afraid of mixers and how will react when they send those coins there.

It is impossible to verify their claims, but what could their incentives be to keep the record of random bitcoin addresses? Could they sell such information?

They may rely on people's predisposition to guilt and stupid actions ("the guilty always returns to the crime scene" - no matter whether this is actually true or not), assuming that people will visit them more for checking their own funds are OK than out of curiosity on random addresses/funds. But this is just a wild guess Grin
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
It is impossible to verify their claims, but what could their incentives be to keep the record of random bitcoin addresses? Could they sell such information?
A list of addresses which are owned by people who are specifically interested in maintaining privacy, plus maybe having IP addresses to match? Blockchain analysis companies would love such data.

I mean, how they know an address is from an exchange and not from a web wallet when they tell "unknown exchange"? Or how they know it's a ransomware when they tell "unknown ransomware"? Cheesy
All it does is look at every deposit to an address, and follow those coins back until they hit a match against one of their categories. If you withdraw from an exchange, for example, and your coins come from an address which is not yet known to belong to that exchange (since exchanges use new addresses all the time), then it will just keep going back in time until it does hit a match.

If you do have concerns with the history of your coins, then rather than looking them up on such service better to just mix or coinjoin them and be done with it.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
I have pretty much the same concerns as all the forum members,who tried this service before me:
1.I guess that the FBI has created this service,in order to gather more data about BTC addresses.However,I might be wrong. Grin
2.There's no way to prove that they don't track you,so I would not use such service again.
3.I don't trust the accuracy of this tool.The final data might be a bunch of made up gibberish.
4.Who is going to use this tool?I guess that 99% of the Bitcoiners simply don't care about a BTC address being "dirty" or "clean".
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
without percentage/confidence rate so i question the accuracy.

This was my feeling too after checking a few addresses. It seems more it tries hard to add certain "good" and "bad" coins to the mix (sometimes from extremely old hack or unknown services) so it looks balanced and give mixed-to-good feeling no matter what.

P.S. The captcha is annoying, some character is almost transparent and people with bad screen would have hard time.

Indeed. I had to refresh the page a few times until the numbers are well readable..
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
This tool has been around in various incarnations for a while now. The Tor link is here: http://pdcdvggsz5vhzbtxqn2rh27qovzga4pnrygya4ossewu64dqh2tvhsyd.onion/
Yeah, they created a clearnet portal for better accessibility, basically, it is just a proxy to their .onion domain, which can only be accessed through Tor. Perhaps, I personally would have never known of their existence hadn't they decided to step out of the shadows. I haven't seen anyone mentioning this tool on this forum. So, I am not alone.

I would suggest that you do not use this service for your own addresses though. When they were previously shut down, every address which had been looked up was sent to law enforcement agencies for investigation:
AMLBot also sent all addresses that had used Antinalysis, which were stored in the Crystal blockchain database, to U.K. law enforcement authorities. AMLBot noted that some addresses that had used the Antinalysis tool were previously not linked to the darknet or any illicit activities.

It added: “It can be assumed that criminals used these addresses for illegal actions … These addresses were added to the tracking database and transferred to the most prominent players in the market to [sic] a more effective fight against money laundering.”
In this sense, the said tool should be treated the same as any other blockchain explorer which may or may not collect data about people visiting it. They were using a third-party company's services to gain access to a blockchain surveillance database, but the third-party company decided Antianalysis were doing something illegal and handed over all the information they had to law enforcement. At least, it is clear now that AMLBot is not safe to use since they collect and sell information to whoever asks.

It is also impossible to verify their claims that they delete your search records from their database. If you are absolutely hell bent on looking up one of your addresses, then you should do it via Tor and you should do it in among a whole bunch of other random addresses you don't care about.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
This tool has been around in various incarnations for a while now. The Tor link is here: http://pdcdvggsz5vhzbtxqn2rh27qovzga4pnrygya4ossewu64dqh2tvhsyd.onion/

I would suggest that you do not use this service for your own addresses though. When they were previously shut down, every address which had been looked up was sent to law enforcement agencies for investigation:
AMLBot also sent all addresses that had used Antinalysis, which were stored in the Crystal blockchain database, to U.K. law enforcement authorities. AMLBot noted that some addresses that had used the Antinalysis tool were previously not linked to the darknet or any illicit activities.

It added: “It can be assumed that criminals used these addresses for illegal actions … These addresses were added to the tracking database and transferred to the most prominent players in the market to [sic] a more effective fight against money laundering.”

It is also impossible to verify their claims that they delete your search records from their database. If you are absolutely hell bent on looking up one of your addresses, then you should do it via Tor and you should do it in among a whole bunch of other random addresses you don't care about.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
The title pretty much speaks for itself: there is a free tool called Antinalysis, with which you can check with which entities (e.g. exchanges, mixers, blacklists, etc.) your own or someone else's bitcoin address is associated. The list of all known entities, along with the example of how the service performs its search, can be found here.

What I personally liked about this servise is that:

1) It's free to use. However, for bulk checks one needs to purchase API token. You also can donate with XMR if you wish.
2) It claims to respect user's privacy. Lookup history wipes after 72 hours, but one also has an option to specify for how long the data should be kept in their database.
3) No trackers on their website: https://themarkup.org/blacklight?url=antinalysis.org
4) I like the vision of the team (Incognito Team) that created this tool: https://antinalysis.org/about

Pages:
Jump to: