Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer Hack S9 /S15 / S17 / Sx aso. SSH and so on for free - page 2. (Read 3300 times)

Activity: 538
Merit: 175
Tim, in a S15 you can easily overclocking it to do 33TH and oficially it just do 28TH its a big difference and Bitmain dont allow people to do it with web interface.

I agree that's a huge issue.. unfortunately there is no S15 firmware that allows for ssh, we should at least have the choice to use ssh if needed.

I don't have any S15 yet, might want to contact Alex as it seems he's got ssh working on his S15? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJv6rrUNU60.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
That sounds like your terminal has the wrong echo configuration. I am not exactly sure how good something like putty is for serial communications as i have never ever tried it for that. Anyway whatever terminal you use, try to find out how to change the echo configuration so it shows the characters you are sending instead of waiting for remote to send them back.
Well, no wonder i couldnt do anything - my ftdi was broken. I got another and everything is working as intended.
Activity: 264
Merit: 16
If i were you, i would use the sdcard method and be done with it. Don't ask me about the newer units as i haven't touched one (yet).

I think there is no solution yet to boot with SDCARD in a S15 machine.

New hint:
this exploit will not work, wrong parameters in curl, will only work on already opened firmware.

There is no create_log_backup.cgi, just on very old ones create_conf_backup.cgi. So it's the wrong CGI file to inject the code!
Good luck, and note nothing is for free.

If nothing is for free these post makes no sense!
There is many things free in this life like air, sunlight, rain...

Ok, even if we need to pay it, someone have the contact of someone that can unlock machines remotly for a fair price?

If everybody could unlock and overclock machines the hashrate would grow up, without hashrate going up, bitcoin cant go up, all we want bitcoin going up, so teoretically the guys that have the solution could post the solution and they could earn in bitcoin valorization, the problem is that guys are very smart in somethings but not so smart in another.

If i had the solution i would post for everybody.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
Ive been tryng to downgrade the firmwear my T9+ for about a week and Im having no luck. The board will not take a sd card flash no matter what I try, I am not technical enough to truly dig in to the firmware (though I did try for about 1.5 days...) so I bought a ftdi but Im not having any luck with it either. I have cooltherm and the ft232 drivers installed and the pin outs connected correctly to the t9+ board and ftdi but I am not prompted to log in when I open cooltherm or plug the ftdi into the computer or press the connect button inside cooltherm. I have the baud rate at 115000, the miner board is powered up, what am I missing? How do I make the ftdi and miner board talk? Im assuming once they are communicating I can modify the bin file (or whatever its called specifically) via cooltherm and then upgrade/downgrade out of the ssh version of the firmwear thats on my board at the moment? Sorry for all the questions, ill get this newb knocked off me soon I promise!

How about the jumper? Did you know that you need to move the jp4 jumper before you flash the miner.
Check this guide on how to flash the antminer t9+ with SD card from here "T9+ Control Board Program Recovery"

About FTDI I think this tool is only for old ASIC miner.
Check this thread from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ftdi-driver-update-may-brick-some-miners-831601
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Ive been tryng to downgrade the firmwear my T9+ for about a week and Im having no luck. The board will not take a sd card flash no matter what I try, I am not technical enough to truly dig in to the firmware (though I did try for about 1.5 days...) so I bought a ftdi but Im not having any luck with it either. I have cooltherm and the ft232 drivers installed and the pin outs connected correctly to the t9+ board and ftdi but I am not prompted to log in when I open cooltherm or plug the ftdi into the computer or press the connect button inside cooltherm. I have the baud rate at 115000, the miner board is powered up, what am I missing? How do I make the ftdi and miner board talk? Im assuming once they are communicating I can modify the bin file (or whatever its called specifically) via cooltherm and then upgrade/downgrade out of the ssh version of the firmwear thats on my board at the moment? Sorry for all the questions, ill get this newb knocked off me soon I promise!

Thank You
Jay
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Artemis, this is a post just to try to make Bitmain thinks there is solution?

If i were you, i would use the sdcard method and be done with it. Don't ask me about the newer units as i haven't touched one (yet).
Cool I’ve got copies of the old firmware so I’ll test. Once I know the version of lighthttpd it will be quite easy to find the appropriate exploit if it does exist.
Activity: 561
Merit: 517
Trustless IceColdWallet
New hint:
this exploit will not work, wrong parameters in curl, will only work on already opened firmware.

There is no create_log_backup.cgi, just on very old ones create_conf_backup.cgi. So it's the wrong CGI file to inject the code!
Good luck, and note nothing is for free.
Has anyone tried the instructions in the following link?

https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/antminer-s17-t17-support/12415
It’s based on a lighthttpd exploit on firmware version 0527 which is longer available to download.

If anyone has this firmware could they share with us so we can test.

Another method I’m going to try is to change the firmware myself and then reupload, but not sure that will work.
Artemis, this is a post just to try to make Bitmain thinks there is solution?

I ask this because the only guys that say they can open SSH they ask a lot of money in bitcoin and they say just work with >100 units and they dont give solutions for free!

In this conditions i have the solution too, i can pass my BTC address to anybody that wants to pay!!!!

Here we have ppl saying the pinout of FTDI needs to be connected to RJ45 port?!!!!!! I never saw that in all my life!

I spoke with some guys that say there is special points in board to make the connections, here nobody prints pictures of a scheme or a link to youtube, so, this is real or just another myth?

Have you already tried and worked or have any other guy here tried and worked that can post a real scheme with real pictures or youtube video?

P.S,- There is some guys that are trying since the beginning of the year to get funds in bitcoin to pay to White Rabbit post solution that is supposed to be the creator of exploit and they still trying to collect more money, so for me this seems just a fake, can someone prove i am wrong?
legendary
That sounds like your terminal has the wrong echo configuration. I am not exactly sure how good something like putty is for serial communications as i have never ever tried it for that. Anyway whatever terminal you use, try to find out how to change the echo configuration so it shows the characters you are sending instead of waiting for remote to send them back.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Power the controller, no need for hashboards.
This is a serial link, old fashioned method you may not be familiar with depending on your age, so use a serial terminal, not ssh client; forget putty.

If you do it correctly you should get a prompt when you plug the cable and hit enter; probably login and password.

It works either through putty or cooltherm, problem i had was when prompted for login, i couldnt type anything, tho led light was blinking on controller when i tried.
Or you can do it without buying any tools: https://asicseer.com/page/security-restoring-ssh

We released it for free. If you like the tool, try ASICseer itself Smiley

This is just for S9, we are talking about S15/S17, solutions for that?

You can do all necessary configurations, get kernel logs, do reboots etc. all through the cgi pages on the web portal. It is actually much faster than SSH on these miners because they always sit for a few seconds before you can connect via ssh.

Large mining operations can easily have someone to tweak their scripts and how they do configurations. However, unexperienced and smaller users who are clueless could easily get an ssh virus if any infected miners or control boards are put on the same network.

Tim, in a S15 you can easily overclocking it to do 33TH and oficially it just do 28TH its a big difference and Bitmain dont allow people to do it with web interface.

Why? Have you never done serial? [...]

I have done serial in past, but new computers uses USB, i have a USB to RS232 adapter and worked always fine in things i need, but this time i have one USB to RJ45 and program detects well but dont do nothing!

Do you have one working? I can pay for one that works, you can post a video doing it and showing it?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 647
I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees
Hum, ok. I've learnt more in the last few posts here than with the thread instructions themselves.

I use Linux at home by default and I like the advantages of not have to deal with constant bugs and errors of window based systems and applications. I absolutely agree witht he problem of 90% or more of malware spreading mostly through Windows machines. Nothing like a terminal to avoid a ton of problems!

I like the idea of being possible to access miners through an SSH connection. If I have get a miner in my hands, I'll try to do everything via terminal!

Thanks
DarkV
legendary
You can do all necessary configurations, get kernel logs, do reboots etc. all through the cgi pages on the web portal. It is actually much faster than SSH on these miners because they always sit for a few seconds before you can connect via ssh.

Large mining operations can easily have someone to tweak their scripts and how they do configurations. However, unexperienced and smaller users who are clueless could easily get an ssh virus if any infected miners or control boards are put on the same network.

This is not true and it probably means your LAN or your computer aren't performing properly, or you are using Putty or some bloated windows client rather than proper openssh from a proper operating system.

The other reason most people want ssh access is to enable the other api controls that require editing some text file. There is also diagnostics and the multitude of things you can do from a proper Linux box, as these controllers actually are, such as network debug and configuration. I have often changed dns via ssh which from ui requires a reboot which is a travesty.

And yes there are the people using scripts to automate things, why not? you can do the whole thing without ever looking at the web ui. How are you seriously going to say that a web ui is faster than a text console? It is an order of magnitude slower, simply by data transferred alone lets ignore web browser rendering... Have i seen Bitmain miners with the web ui stuck that are actually still mining? Yes i have...

s3binator is right, the alleged "security" thing is bologna, and yes, a simple ui option would at least give the owner a choice, but they don't care. Want security? Start with setting a proper password, then remove all windows computers from your mining lan, which is how 90% of the malware gets in.
The newest bitmain firmware disables ssh on boot, therefore you can not ssh into machines. Its not a big deal if you have a few machines, but there are many farms out there with hundreds or thousands of miners that automate configuration and reboots using software, this new firmware removes the ability.

They quote "security", but its bologna. Why not give the end user a choice to turn ssh on or off through portal. Any end user with a couple machines can turn ssh off, and farms that tunnel through firewalls can leave it on, our choice.  They are purposely making larger mining operations lives harder to get an upper hand.

Ah ok. I got it. Absolutely agreed. There's no point in avoiding SSH connections because sooner or later someone will make it happen one way or another.

What about the exploit? What can one do with it?
Activity: 14
What are the advantages of performing this hack? What can we do with it that cannot be done without it?

The newest bitmain firmware disables ssh on boot, therefore you can not ssh into machines. Its not a big deal if you have a few machines, but there are many farms out there with hundreds or thousands of miners that automate configuration and reboots using software, this new firmware removes the ability.

They quote "security", but its bologna. Why not give the end user a choice to turn ssh on or off through portal. Any end user with a couple machines can turn ssh off, and farms that tunnel through firewalls can leave it on, our choice.  They are purposely making larger mining operations lives harder to get an upper hand.
What are the advantages of performing this hack? What can we do with it that cannot be done without it?
Or you can do it without buying any tools: https://asicseer.com/page/security-restoring-ssh

We released it for free. If you like the tool, try ASICseer itself Smiley
This tool doesn't work, I've already tried it, others have too with no luck.

Also asicseer has devfee and some of the devs / leaders are bcash proponents
Pages:
Jump to: