Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3+: HW errors... - page 2. (Read 4955 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
October 05, 2017, 02:45:14 PM
You could check the output voltage of the power supply. If it is under the specific voltage (12V) it will look like you going to get more HW errors.
The number of HW errors is not important. It's the percentage.
0.1% is a very acceptable HW Error percentage for a Bitmain AntMiner's

Also in addition to above buddy. One board has 160 HW errors and the rest have like 1-10 in 5 hours running - that sound suspect or all ok? Smiley Thanks!
October 05, 2017, 12:52:40 PM
You could check the output voltage of the power supply. If it is under the specific voltage (12V) it will look like you going to get more HW errors.

Ok cool thanks, and am I right in saying the nonce % number in the dashboard, is that the percentage you just mentioned?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
October 05, 2017, 12:50:15 PM
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 12:42:34 PM
Hardware error just happen and are a totally normal part of mining. It is not uncommon to see one board with a bunch more than another, it might have a weak component somewhere. Unless you are seeing 10-100x the errors on one board versus the others I really wouldnt worry about it too much. In the end, there is literally nothing you can do to fix it unless maybe you have a firmware that allows you to underclock the boards.

Thanks for the reply, fanatic26. I appreciate this. I'm new to mining and find it very interesting. I'm just learning the ropes now and I guess slightly paranoid about HW errors or anything I may do that would prematurely cause problems to my miner. Please share any other helpful tips for better maintenance and upkeep if and when you have time.

Cheers.
October 05, 2017, 12:36:05 PM
If no-one posts here dude i'll update you if I can find some info elsewhere. Cheers

Thanks man, if you do have any specifics about HW errors, please return here and post. I would greatly appreciate it as I am new to this whole mining thing.

Cheers.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 05, 2017, 11:48:22 AM
Hardware error just happen and are a totally normal part of mining. It is not uncommon to see one board with a bunch more than another, it might have a weak component somewhere. Unless you are seeing 10-100x the errors on one board versus the others I really wouldnt worry about it too much. In the end, there is literally nothing you can do to fix it unless maybe you have a firmware that allows you to underclock the boards.
October 05, 2017, 11:23:59 AM
If no-one posts here dude i'll update you if I can find some info elsewhere. Cheers
October 05, 2017, 10:09:49 AM
I have the same questions...can anyone help answer the above questions? Many thanks
October 05, 2017, 09:27:31 AM
I've seen different people say different things about HW errors. Some say it's totally fine to have them in the hundreds, some say to have as low as possible.

Would anyone be able to explain these stats a bit further and give some insight into if it's ok to have HW errors and if so, how many is ok?

Also if one board is getting a lot more errors than the rest, is that an issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Pages:
Jump to: