Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3+ OVERCLOCKED !!! HOT !!! full review with LOTs of pics - page 2. (Read 24364 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 283
curious -  whats the lifespan of the L3+ after overclocking? I'm sure some of the orders that were placed in april 2017 have been OC-ed... does anyone have one of those? are they still running?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
Hi, i overclocked 2 miners: 1: 444M, 2: 450M
How can i see what ist the speed in % of the fans?

They are cold. Are they in a cooled space? how do you cool them?

And go to miner settings under advanced I think. There is the fan speed control. You cant however see what % you got right now on the miner overview page.

you can set the speed in % though
Nice... I wonder what is considered as hot or overheating for these miners. 80 degrees? I am currently running L3+ miner on 469m freq with 613.029 MH/S and the temp for chips are between 60-62 with 42% fan speed percentage.  Is that ok? I live in Australia, in an air-cooled apartment and it's pretty hot here...  Cool

That is actually pretty low for the hashing power you got. I run mine on 580Mhs since a couple of weeks and got the same temp but mine are in a data center with 18°C cold air
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Nice... I wonder what is considered as hot or overheating for these miners. 80 degrees? I am currently running L3+ miner on 469m freq with 613.029 MH/S and the temp for chips are between 60-62 with 42% fan speed percentage.  Is that ok? I live in Australia, in an air-cooled apartment and it's pretty hot here...  Cool
Activity: 19
So in the end which is the best OC without damaging our miner?
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
Thanks, this info was helpful, I have one question I have a PSU 1200W connected to my L3+ can this PSU handle the overclocking? I have a 110V power Outlet.

My friend has several Antminer L3+ miners running off of 120V, and uses HP 1200W Platinum PSU's with capable breakout boards. Other than keeping the room cooled where the miners are setup, there have been no issues raising the frequency up to 425MH/z (so far). Obviously, you have to use 120V outlets/receptacles that are on different circuits and run only one unit on a single line. Always overclock at your own risk, as everyone's miners and setups are completely different!
Hi,

Can somebody confirm to what highest level of frequency we can overclock antminers.

I see in the post mentioned about overclocking to frequency 462M..

Why we can not overclock to 650M frequency ?

Regards,

the main problem is that at some point the workload and the electrical capacity of the chip is reached and they start getting hot. If they get to hot, they burn.

You only know how high you can go by try and error and tbh its to expensive to risk it. I have mine OC to 580MHs now after i let them mine for 2 months of default to make sure everything works fine. And I did not want to void warranty.

I rather take less but mine constantly and risk free (if that is even possible)
Activity: 3
Hi,

Can somebody confirm to what highest level of frequency we can overclock antminers.

I see in the post mentioned about overclocking to frequency 462M..

Why we can not overclock to 650M frequency ?

Regards,

Activity: 3
its called awesome miner.
2 Miners are free but the soft is good and i plan to buy next year!

Is the Awesome app. available for OSX (MACBook) or IOS (iPhone) ?!
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
live long and prosper
its called awesome miner.
2 Miners are free but the soft is good and i plan to buy next year!
Activity: 262
Merit: 100

475M = 621MH/s
Outside Temp -6C
Chips 18C, 18C, 17C, 28C.
which software is this?
thanks
Activity: 24
https://i.imgur.com/6CR2Y8a.png
 Grin

-13C outside..
It died a few times because it was too cold, no lights at all when I reboot..
My box insulates for noise and vents the heat outside the box, but....
I have removed the hose so that it's just blowing out air into the box and what gets out, gets out so some of the heat is being recirculated and it works okay
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw

475M = 621MH/s
Outside Temp -6C

Thats actually not Chip temp, but PCB temp. Go to "Summary" to see Chip temp at the end. Probably a glitch from Awesome Miner.
Activity: 24
https://i.imgur.com/WWOWLjo.png

475M = 621MH/s
Outside Temp -6C
Activity: 324
Hello there,

Can you tell after all the costs that you have ... miner, power, etc. etc. how profitable is this miner ? What is the time that you need in order to be profitable, so to cover all the costs and get a profit out of mining ?

And how much does this miner cost btw ?

thanks a lot !

I can just advise you not to buy at this time. Wait for a new miner generation to be released.

They take way to much time to ROI and maybe they never do at this point in time. Just buy LTC and hold them

Why LTC ? Do you think this is one of the most profitable coins in the near future ? you think the price will go up up up ? i would like to know more about your opinion on holding LTC.
thanks

Well I think it is undervalued big time but then again its the shame of the crypto world really lol

I say that, because this is a thread for L3+ which are mostly used to mine LTC.  But you can also buy something else and hold.

Hm...interesting point of view. I never really looked up into details about this coin and what is it's true potential as there are so many coins right now on the market.
Hello there,

Can you tell after all the costs that you have ... miner, power, etc. etc. how profitable is this miner ? What is the time that you need in order to be profitable, so to cover all the costs and get a profit out of mining ?

thanks a lot !

I can just advise you not to buy at this time. Wait for a new miner generation to be released.

They take way to much time to ROI and maybe they never do at this point in time. Just buy LTC and hold them

Why LTC ? Do you think this is one of the most profitable coins in the near future ? you think the price will go up up up ? i would like to know more about your opinion on holding LTC.
thanks

Well I think it is undervalued big time but then again its the shame of the crypto world really lol

I say that, because this is a thread for L3+ which are mostly used to mine LTC.  But you can also buy something else and hold.
Hello there,

thanks a lot !

thanks
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Got 2 running @ 475 so hashrate around 620Mh/s. temps always under 70, and less than 0.1% reject.
does anyone try more?
Hello there,

thanks a lot !

Hello there,

thanks a lot !
Pages:
Jump to: