Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer R4 - Wrong chip index - page 2. (Read 3611 times)

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
January 21, 2017, 02:42:51 PM
Chalk up another R4 problem.  Same shit - day after I got it.  I have 2 one has been going for 3 days *got here 1 day earlier for some reason.  Now I didn't even get 48 hrs out of this one.  Not cool.  
Same problem here. Though mine only hashed on both boards for about an hour. Angry Now it's just one board. Hopefully, that one keeps working until after their holiday.  I was thinking of sending to Bitmain Warranty and eating the repair cost, since it saves on shipping and downtime.  Anyone know what they are charging for an R4 repair?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
January 21, 2017, 07:05:20 AM
Chalk up another R4 problem.  Same shit - day after I got it.  I have 2 one has been going for 3 days *got here 1 day earlier for some reason.  Now I didn't even get 48 hrs out of this one.  Not cool. 
Activity: 120
January 20, 2017, 11:33:56 PM
We'll see, I should have some T9's early next week. Fingers crossed, they fair better.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
January 20, 2017, 11:20:06 PM
I am pretty sure the reliability issues are going to be the same across all the .10j/gh chips regardless of them being in an S9 or R4. They are trying to run them on the jagged edge of the power required to run the chip properly hence the T9 being slightly less efficient but most likely much more reliable.
January 20, 2017, 10:44:48 PM
Now my second R4 from batch 6 has now lost a hash board. Reliability isn't looking so good. That's 2 dead boards out of 2 miners.

http://imgur.com/a/H07m7
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
January 20, 2017, 03:39:08 AM
Hash PCB is probably damaged. 

Any mod or self attempt repair may result in warranty denial tho.  Just be careful.  To be safe for warranty, when the unit does not recover with simple power off power on, or testing with already announced trouble shooting method then start warranty process or repair process be the safest way.

We do see many "eye opening" hash pcb and control module send in for repair that were previously self attempted and that process caused more damages than it fixed the problems.

I've got an R4 which will not mine, the system boots and it seems that when the auto frequency script runs it hits an error and can't proceed.

Kernel log-

Miner fix freq ...
Fatal Error: DownOneChipFreqOneStep Chain[-1] has Wrong chip index=7893959

Here's the code-

if(max_freq_chipIndex<0)
   {
      sprintf(logstr,"Fatal Error: DownOneChipFreqOneStep Chain[%d] has Wrong chip index=%d\n",max_freq_chipIndex);
      writeInitLogFile(logstr);
      while(1)sleep(1);

Any ideas?

I've rebooted and power cycled a number of times, re-flashed the firmware - tested with another know good PSU. I've logged a ticket with Bitmain but thought perhaps someone on here had seem this issue before and may have a fix. I thought it would be unlikely for both hash boards to be faulty.

***edit - I think https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ant-miner-s9-socket-connect-failed-connection-refused-1741088 is the same problem.

My testing has concluded I have a dead hash board - miner is now functional with just a single board connected.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
January 19, 2017, 10:11:46 PM
A bad chip is a bad chip. The way the boards are laid out it only takes one bad chip to take a board out. There isnt much you can do except warranty it.

Iv'e just disconnected the faulty board and I'm mining with the remaining board. Bitmain want the entire R4 back not just the hash board - I'm waiting until after CNY to ship it off, no need to make a bad situation worse.
I just joined the sick R4  Club... ref https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17559940
For now at least the bad board is still somewhat working with 55 chips vs the normal 63 and giving 1-1.4THs vs the usual 4.4THs .
Lovely timing.... Sad
January 19, 2017, 07:46:30 PM
A bad chip is a bad chip. The way the boards are laid out it only takes one bad chip to take a board out. There isnt much you can do except warranty it.

I've just disconnected the faulty board and I'm mining with the remaining board. Bitmain want the entire R4 back not just the hash board - I'm waiting until after CNY to ship it off, no need to make a bad situation worse.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
January 19, 2017, 07:01:17 PM
I was missing a board on my R4B1 , cold solder on the big inductor. Re-soldered it, need a lot of heat to do the job Tongue
I redo all connector too. Cleaned with alcohol , dryed with compress air. Back in business.  Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
January 19, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
January 19, 2017, 04:53:57 PM
I just got 10 R4's in today and 1 of them has this same problem.  I really don't want to have to send another miner back to Bitmain.  Anyone have any ideas?  I updated to the latest firmware on Bitmain's site and still have the same error.

Chain[J7] has 63 asic
Chain[J8] has 0 asic
retry Chain[J8] has 0 asic

Miner fix freq ...
Fatal Error: DownOneChipFreqOneStep Chain[-1] has Wrong chip index=7893903
January 19, 2017, 01:06:44 AM
I've got an R4 which will not mine, the system boots and it seems that when the auto frequency script runs it hits an error and can't proceed.

Kernel log-

Miner fix freq ...
Fatal Error: DownOneChipFreqOneStep Chain[-1] has Wrong chip index=7893959

Here's the code-

if(max_freq_chipIndex<0)
   {
      sprintf(logstr,"Fatal Error: DownOneChipFreqOneStep Chain[%d] has Wrong chip index=%d\n",max_freq_chipIndex);
      writeInitLogFile(logstr);
      while(1)sleep(1);

Any ideas?

I've rebooted and power cycled a number of times, re-flashed the firmware - tested with another know good PSU. I've logged a ticket with Bitmain but thought perhaps someone on here had seem this issue before and may have a fix. I thought it would be unlikely for both hash boards to be faulty.

***edit - I think https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ant-miner-s9-socket-connect-failed-connection-refused-1741088 is the same problem.

My testing has concluded I have a dead hash board - miner is now functional with just a single board connected.
Pages:
Jump to: