Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer s3 - page 2. (Read 5142 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2016, 11:42:43 PM
S3+ are a bit nicer a little over clocking and still run like a tank.

Go there http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Power cost want to look at. Power cost is what going to get you on a S3 now.

Power cost is huge with S3 being older you really need very cheap/free electricity.  They just are a few generations behind.  The calculator above is great to see your ROI chances, make sure on electricity to include taxes or fee's.

But also on S3+ it stops you from getting one that was a batch 1 dud.  Some batch ones worked great others ran slow.  It was big enough they did give a portion of sale back.    But if you get one that is plain S3 know what it hashes at so you pay proper.  They are like tanks though and pretty much keep working.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
January 04, 2016, 11:11:50 PM
S3+ are a bit nicer a little over clocking and still run like a tank.

Go there http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Power cost want to look at. Power cost is what going to get you on a S3 now.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 04, 2016, 10:48:52 PM
I'm running 3 S3+ and they are super quiet and stable. Which they had a bit more hash power, but I am still making about $1 a day with even luck.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
January 04, 2016, 10:45:05 PM
Im running 2 of them and depending on luck and so on they are making around 2 USD per day.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 04, 2016, 08:31:27 PM
New to bitcoin mining, so go easy.

Just curious if the S3 is still able to mine bitcoin or is it way out of date (slow)?  Is anyone still using it, and if I were to install one, or maybe two, and left them run for a couple years, do you think it would be worth the initial investment of the units plus say a corsair cx750m power supply and energy costs?

Is there a comparison on cost breakdown of each antminer?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: