Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer s3 problems - page 2. (Read 2277 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 07, 2015, 10:30:18 PM
Google works great.... try it ... here's the manual: https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/Antminer%20S3%20Manual_EN_2014.7.16.pdf
Several posts on the forums about this just search.
It's related to overheating above 80C or it's just loosing connection to the pool.  If it's overclocked bring it down to stock speed.  What's your ambient temp where you have it located?
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
May 07, 2015, 09:52:50 PM
At a gross level it sounds like a thermal/temperature issue, though a "cooling off" time of days seems excessive. I assume it's possible to check S3 temps, but I've never owned one. The other possibility could a thermal issue with the power supply. What kind of PSU?

Have your tried a different pool?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
May 07, 2015, 09:47:59 PM
I have an Antminer s3+ and the miner's firmware is up to date but every 2 days the miner starts beeping, the ethernet lights completely go out, and the red light blinks and I have to power my psu down. Then if I try turning the s3 back on it, the red light still blinks and the ethernet lights that flash do not turn blink or turn on even though it is connected with an ethernet cable. This problem then goes away if I leave it off for a few days. 3-5 days later when I turn it back on it works for another 2 days and then I get the same problem over again.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: