Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S5 20150715 firmware update issues - page 2. (Read 6487 times)

legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
tested the nre firmware on 10xs5 and my problem was that i cannot OC my miners they stucked at 200MHZ so you should check your OC because i think there is one of the problems.

Best solution is to get out the blue wire because that is the fan control speed if you get it out your fan will go on full speed.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I had the same problems, I 4x antminer s5, and with the new firmware and a continuous sound of beep beep, and the speed does not exceed 10 gh / s, I went straight back to the previous firmware.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Hey Miners - Decided to upgrade my S5s (I have 12 of them now) to the new firmware off the antminer site (https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032800325X8cMcY2y068F) of 2015-07-15. It adds some fan control updates (like being able to override to custom fan speeds) and fixed some of the overload protection issues that occurred before. I noticed though that on about half my miners, it caused issues.

On 7 of them, the update went smoothly. The firmware installed, the fan controls were there and the miner roared back to full speed. On the others, the same issue seemed to occur on all, in that they were suddenly mining at about half speed (400-500GH/s for the most part), yet all the hash boards seemed fine. Additionally, the alarm for temp was freaking out constantly, yet all the miners were in the 50C to 65C range. I ended up rolling these back to the 20150415 firmware and they are back to normal.

Anyone else have these issues with the upgrade?

Denis

I had this error with three Miner. But only with  those,  that not working with   original fans- water cooled S5 miners.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
is there any correlation with the hashboard versions?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hey Miners - Decided to upgrade my S5s (I have 12 of them now) to the new firmware off the antminer site (https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032800325X8cMcY2y068F) of 2015-07-15. It adds some fan control updates (like being able to override to custom fan speeds) and fixed some of the overload protection issues that occurred before. I noticed though that on about half my miners, it caused issues.

On 7 of them, the update went smoothly. The firmware installed, the fan controls were there and the miner roared back to full speed. On the others, the same issue seemed to occur on all, in that they were suddenly mining at about half speed (400-500GH/s for the most part), yet all the hash boards seemed fine. Additionally, the alarm for temp was freaking out constantly, yet all the miners were in the 50C to 65C range. I ended up rolling these back to the 20150415 firmware and they are back to normal.

Anyone else have these issues with the upgrade?

Denis
Pages:
Jump to: