Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S5 asic status.... - page 2. (Read 5150 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
July 12, 2015, 03:45:22 PM
It's still possible to order one ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2015, 01:49:35 PM
Have not contacted Bitmain yet, I had already opened a conversation with the seller and was going to finalize that before working with bitmain.

Go ahead and open a ticket up.  They might be able to help.

What is there to finalize with seller?    I would go to him last personally but send message you are having problems.    Bitmain is going to be able to do a lot more then seller (in most cases) as far as help.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 11, 2015, 07:21:38 AM
Have not contacted Bitmain yet, I had already opened a conversation with the seller and was going to finalize that before working with bitmain.
legendary
July 11, 2015, 01:02:49 AM
ok knocked it down to 200 frequency, not helping. Even swithced the PSU from the fully functional unit and no change. Sigh.....
Thank you for the help!!!!  much appreciated

Not a problem.  You can open up a ticket with bitmain and see what they say.  I have a feeling they will send you twords here - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S and psu.

If all else fails ask seller.

Believe it or not I tried this also to no avail. I am in contact with seller now...will report how that goes....

thank you to everyone who threw in advice, I appreciate it!!!!

What did bitmain try?  It is odd that none of these fixed it, but I'm surprised they did not find something.

If bitmain could not help fix it chances are instead of working with seller... you will need to do paypal.  And on next S5 buy direct from bitmain is my suggestion as they still sell new(or newest there are).
July 11, 2015, 12:00:37 AM
ok knocked it down to 200 frequency, not helping. Even swithced the PSU from the fully functional unit and no change. Sigh.....

Not a problem.  You can open up a ticket with bitmain and see what they say.  I have a feeling they will send you twords here - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S and psu.

Believe it or not I tried this also to no avail. I am in contact with seller now...will report how that goes....

thank you to everyone who threw in advice, I appreciate it!!!!
July 10, 2015, 11:53:56 PM
okay  I think you have

a) loose controller cable
b) bad controller cable
c) bad controller port
d) loose pcie jack

to test look at your good s-5 swap the white cables from each pci-e board  to the bad s-5

see the image  link (dogie's image not mine)

not the fan cable
not the 4 pin power cable

the two 16 pin cables they go from controller on top to each board.

also those controllers can do 4 boards.

I am guessing the cables are bad or maybe not attached too well

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7573/15970072778_2ecbca4371_o.jpg
I was excited to try this, but it confirmed the cables are all good and connections seem good. I switched pcie cables as well. Same situation at the end.
legendary
July 10, 2015, 10:39:49 PM
Hi,
New to crypto currency and decided to give bitcoin mining a go. I ordered two Antminer S5 units and the first one seems to be working exactly as planned. The second however only has half the ASICs working. I do not have XXXXXX, but have -------  under the ASIC statuson the Miner Status page.

Any ideas suggestions beyond contacting the seller?
 Thank you

Check connections and make sure they are all snug.  Maybe see what a reset of power does.

What model/brand PSU are you using on your miner?
I agree, the PCI-E connection from PSU to Each board could loosen. I first turn power off, unplugged PCI-e connectors and reconnect all of them then turn power back on.
My PSU for one S-5 is a Corsar 750. My S-1 also does this and that power supply is a Corsair 600.

I Load Balance the S-1
S-5 I set it to Failover and most times SSH into it and set it to Rotate every 30 minutes.

Yea I wish you had a PSU with 4 power cables to try.  But the freq adjusting normally can do the trick.

But checking cables are snug, and flashing it with firmware is doing a decent amount.    It's seeing something there so it's not dead.

Put in a ticket here  https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and let us know how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
July 10, 2015, 09:01:26 PM
okay  I think you have

a) loose controller cable
b) bad controller cable
c) bad controller port
d) loose pcie jack

to test look at your good s-5 swap the white cables from each pci-e board  to the bad s-5

see the image  link (dogie's image not mine)

not the fan cable
not the 4 pin power cable

the two 16 pin cables they go from controller on top to each board.

also those controllers can do 4 boards.

I am guessing the cables are bad or maybe not attached too well

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7573/15970072778_2ecbca4371_o.jpg
Activity: 724
Merit: 504
July 10, 2015, 08:29:01 PM
Hi,
New to crypto currency and decided to give bitcoin mining a go. I ordered two Antminer S5 units and the first one seems to be working exactly as planned. The second however only has half the ASICs working. I do not have XXXXXX, but have -------  under the ASIC statuson the Miner Status page.

Thank you

Check connections and make sure they are all snug.  Maybe see what a reset of power does.

I agree, the PCI-E connection from PSU to Each board could loosen. I first turn power off, unplugged PCI-e connectors and reconnect all of them then turn power back on.
My PSU for one S-5 is a Corsar 750. My S-1 also does this and that power supply is a Corsair 600.

I Load Balance the S-1
S-5 I set it to Failover and most times SSH into it and set it to Rotate every 30 minutes.
legendary
July 10, 2015, 06:50:54 PM

July 10, 2015, 06:10:49 PM
legendary
July 10, 2015, 06:05:11 PM
Could I ask a recommendation on a PS more suited to this operation?

I have had a RM1000 on my S5 from day one and never had an issue. There are lots of options though.

The new popular thing is to use server PSU's.  You will see a few that offer this.
July 10, 2015, 06:01:59 PM
Could I ask a recommendation on a PS more suited to this operation?
legendary
July 10, 2015, 06:00:29 PM
two that are split. I assumed that wasn't a problem as the first miner I set up was the exact same configuration. I'm new to this....if it matters I will change it.....

Power Consumption: 590 W (at the wall) is a lot to ask of 2 PCI-e cords.  Especially when your talking about mediocre PSU's.

Chances are like I mentioned in other one you might need to change down freq with only 2 main cords.
legendary
July 10, 2015, 05:58:15 PM
I just checked the corsair rm750, it only has 3  eight hole pci-e outlets...I think I have to use the split cables

Ok try it at a lower freq and see what happens.  Make sure to do down a decent amount to see if that makes difference. After give it a complete power reset once it's done saving changes.

Hopefully that will show it working with needing less power.  If still no working next step is trying different PSU.
July 10, 2015, 04:34:28 PM
I just checked the corsair rm750, it only has 3  eight hole pci-e outlets...I think I have to use the split cables
July 10, 2015, 04:27:56 PM
two that are split. I assumed that wasn't a problem as the first miner I set up was the exact same configuration. I'm new to this....if it matters I will change it.....
legendary
July 10, 2015, 04:26:48 PM
I've been searching and reading....I checked connections, ensured they are snug. Switched powers supplies (Corsair RM750 on each ANtMiner). I even downladed the firmware and reflashed it. I can't seem to find an answer or solution. The problem seems to be isolated to the mining unit. I get the red power light on the side that is working and do not on the side that I suspect is not.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
thank you

Does the RM750 have 4 separate power cords pcie-e (not adapters but cords)?   Or is it using 2 power cords with splitting it into two pci-e connectorss?
July 10, 2015, 04:14:25 PM
I've been searching and reading....I checked connections, ensured they are snug. Switched powers supplies (Corsair RM750 on each ANtMiner). I even downladed the firmware and reflashed it. I can't seem to find an answer or solution. The problem seems to be isolated to the mining unit. I get the red power light on the side that is working and do not on the side that I suspect is not.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
thank you
legendary
July 10, 2015, 04:09:37 PM
Hi,

Thank you

Pages:
Jump to: