Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S5 or SpondooliesTech SP20 to order - few questions - page 2. (Read 3611 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 252
Just found this post here:

The heat sink on SP20 is just entry level plain aluminum heat sink, they don't have huge surface area like those heat pipe heat sink with many thin aluminum fins, so the airflow must be very high to reduce the surface temperature

I just measured 20% fan speed noise at 1 meter away with my sound meter app, it is still 67db, and I personal feel is close to in car noise on highway (70+-db)

Would be interesting what hashspeed is reachable with these settings.
Make no mistake, the sp20 is loud. Its just bearable in the house on 30% fan with fan in another room

I have been running my R9 290s at about 60-70dbA which was the limit to me. If underclocking the SP20 (to about 1,2-1,3 Th/s) at a decent quiter noiselevel would be possible, this should not be a problem to me. - Anyways: the s5 has the possibility to be modded via a 2 Fan setup to a pretty quiet level I guess.

I just dont know in what to invest the money..Want to keep mining, but can't decide which to buy at the moment. It would be possible to hook up 2 Sp20 onto one EVAG Supernova when underclocked, right?
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Make no mistake, the sp20 is loud. Its just bearable in the house on 30% fan with fan in another room
Ok. So have you measured the noise already? Maybe via an app on smartphone? That would be my main concerning.

thank you
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
I'm in the UK and I think I have an import tax bill off around £220 to pay (that's what the courier told me but I haven't received it yet).

I run 3 SP20s off 2 EVGA 1300w G2's underclocked to about 1.2Th/s - heat is my enemy right now
Hi community,

I have already ordered one Antminer S5 to test it out, especially the noise.
As I'm living in germany i had to pay about 440€ for one unit, which is quiet a lot as I saw the start prices. Anyway I don't have to pay for electricity.

On the other hand I saw that Spondooliestech is selling 3 SP20 Batch 1 Units for 1195$, which equal about 1050€ + customs. Can anybody tell me how much I have for taxes to import them? Per unit price would be about 400-450€ I guess, so the same as the S5 to me.

I have 3 PSUs (2x EVGA G2 Suprnova 1300, Corsair AX1200i) that I can hook up to. What would be the best setup (even considering underclocking the SP20) that I could use.

In other words: which is the better miner, when
  • hashing on same speed (1,1-1,3 TH/s)
  • powering 2 units by one of these PSUs
  • having the same prices per unit to me
  • regarding the noise

Appreciate your help.
Pages:
Jump to: