Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S5, Spondoolies SP20 or 3 x Antminer S3? - page 3. (Read 4566 times)

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
the sp20  can do 470 watts at about 1000gh

gui settings around

max volts .611

fan at 10 you are UK based so is your power .12 cents usd?   I guess that is 7 or 8 pence a kwatt.

alh
legendary
Activity: 1844
Merit: 1050
One thing you may want to consider. While I don't own an S1, my understanding is that it's a pretty quiet miner. I think that is also true for the S3. It is most decidedly NOT true for the S5. I do own an SP20, and when pushed for speed, the fan is plenty loud. I am way down clocked for the summer, and it would fit your efficiency desires, it might still be a bit loud for your situation.

You might also want to consider an Avalon 4.1, which is only available on the used market.

I only mention the loudness, due to the reference on clothes drying.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Very late to mining, do not know how I missed it, but 4 Days ago bought an ebay S1 for £30 and have been progressing rapidly up the learning curve.

So the S1 is great for learning but at 190 GH/S with 350W at the wall (1.8J/GH) it's a great way of loosing money. However unusually my Wife is happy as it's doing a great job of drying the washing.

So my objective is to have between 800 & 1000 GH/S at the lowest possible wattage. I will buy the hardware second hand and am happy to right off the hardawre cost, because if I wasn't doing this I would be spending money on something else :-)

I am considering the 3 options in the title, and am happy to spend time adjusting and modifying if that will improve the J/GH ratio My initial research shows the following.

Antminer S3 Underclocked & undervolted  x3 ebay price £260 - £300
0.68V, 150MHz, 310GH/S, 180W x 3 = 930GH/S, 930W = 0.6J /GH

Antminer S5 ebay price £300 - £350
0.51 J/GH  (Have seen 0.2 J/GH @ 9V mentioned but can it be done?)

Spondoolies SP20 ebay price £340 -£400
0.47 J/GH

So this is where I need some help. For me it's all about how low I can get the J/GH. I don't mind lot's of playing about or hardware modifications. I have something in mind for the S3 which will make the voltage full adjustable, but more on that if I go down that route.

So what I would like is any inputs you have on J/GH you have achieved on any of the above units and what settings or modifications you used to achieve them.?

Many Thanks

Rich
Pages:
Jump to: