Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S7 Failed Firmware Update - page 2. (Read 7651 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
December 23, 2015, 10:04:15 AM
Yeah there are quite a few people that have issue with flashing, because there are different version for different batch of S7. So people recommend not to flash it. But did you try a factory reset, with the on board reset button?

Yeah I tried a factory reset (and again just before I replied just in case!!!) and no luck. The annoying thing is that I have 2 antminers that I got at the same time (Batch 1) and updated with the same firmware but one works the other doesn't....

Thanks for the advice though, I think I am going to try running both off 1 controller for now

Sorry to hear that. Some people in Batch 1 got different batch miners. Might be the hiccup. I don't know if the S7 controller has a SD card slot that it is configured to boot from if slotted in. You could check that but if not i don't know how you could unbrick it.

Since the reset button does not work, i think philipma1957's verdict is exact.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 23, 2015, 09:59:05 AM
Yeah there are quite a few people that have issue with flashing, because there are different version for different batch of S7. So people recommend not to flash it. But did you try a factory reset, with the on board reset button?

Yeah I tried a factory reset (and again just before I replied just in case!!!) and no luck. The annoying thing is that I have 2 antminers that I got at the same time (Batch 1) and updated with the same firmware but one works the other doesn't....

Thanks for the advice though, I think I am going to try running both off 1 controller for now
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
December 23, 2015, 09:57:14 AM
Hi All

As per the title, I upgraded an Antminer S7 to the latest firmware and it never came backup (1 of 2 so def not a bad download). I have checked my DHCP Server for new IP addresses, no suck luck. There was 100% no power issues during the upgrade as the miner is in my works server room and I would have heard alot about it if there had been, the only thing that might have done it was switching browser tabs during the upload but I don't think so. The green light and fans never come on.... help!!

Any advice on how to recover this would be amazing, I know the S7 uses a beaglebone and the other equipment I have the uses it (kncminers) can be reflashed from an SD card but I don't know the S7 will.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Too late you ran an antminer firmware upgrade.

and you bricked it.

I have written over and over and over and over

never never never never never never do a bitmaintech firmware upgrade.

While I want to yell and scream  at you @#$%%$ ... for hours on end.
Since you are number 20 or so to do the I bricked my controller while doing an upgrade of firmware.  ENOUGH Grin

You have a few options.
Do you have a second s-7?
If you do you can  run two off 1 controller.
While you wait for a RMA on the controller you bricked.

You can  go to the market here and see if someone is selling one.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
December 23, 2015, 09:51:36 AM
Hi All

As per the title, I upgraded an Antminer S7 to the latest firmware and it never came backup (1 of 2 so def not a bad download). I have checked my DHCP Server for new IP addresses, no suck luck. There was 100% no power issues during the upgrade as the miner is in my works server room and I would have heard alot about it if there had been, the only thing that might have done it was switching browser tabs during the upload but I don't think so. The green light and fans never come on.... help!!

Any advice on how to recover this would be amazing, I know the S7 uses a beaglebone and the other equipment I have the uses it (kncminers) can be reflashed from an SD card but I don't know the S7 will.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 23, 2015, 09:47:33 AM
Hi All

Pages:
Jump to: