Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S7+ somewho knows anything? - page 2. (Read 2731 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
January 11, 2016, 10:51:00 PM
assuming they use 162 chip version * 6 boards  (good chips batch) with little oc/uc, you will still need at least 2500W psu to power the miner for roughly 10th/s.

my guess will be NO S7+

sales will cont for S7 till they're sold out.

Most likely S9 with newer gen chips but again it's gonna be pricey.

my guess, we "should" see something AFTER lunar new year (in feb) somewhere around late march early april.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)
January 11, 2016, 07:20:49 AM
I doubt it would be coming this month but knowing on how they've done with the previous generations then there would certainly be a + version of S7 and that might also explain the the new price of S7 on the website but regarding if the latest S7 is the new S7+ then I have to say most likely not on this matter and a new one would be presented some time soon.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 11, 2016, 04:11:06 AM
well i'm assuming that their tradition is to make a "+" version for each of their miners, so s7 will not be excluded, we only need to wait at this point
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2016, 06:47:56 PM
Hi, I was reading some time ago about Bitmain was thinking to release latelly this month a new version of the s7, called s7+, but i saw that the s7 changed the design from 162 chips to 135 chips with a voltage regulator (i think).
What do you think? The S7+ is the actual S7 new design or they will release something better? Is that why they lowered the S7's price at the B9?

PS: I love speculate  Tongue

Dunno, you read about a S7+ where? I would not be surprised if they released a monster, but i'm warry of Bitmain right now, considering we're seeing several problems with the S7, like issues that we had with the S5. (Stuff burning down when internet connection is lost)

There has been nothing official that I have seen as far as a S7+.   Only thing I have seen is people talk about it as speculation.... but that does not mean anything.  The S5+ is a great miner they used it to get rid of chips quick and it did that very good.

So if Bitmain want's to release a next gen ... it's possible we might see a S7+.  But I'm not for sure on it really.  I think it's easier to just sell S7's then making a new product.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
January 10, 2016, 04:10:59 PM
Hi, I was reading some time ago about Bitmain was thinking to release latelly this month a new version of the s7, called s7+, but i saw that the s7 changed the design from 162 chips to 135 chips with a voltage regulator (i think).
What do you think? The S7+ is the actual S7 new design or they will release something better? Is that why they lowered the S7's price at the B9?

Dunno, you read about a S7+ where? I would not be surprised if they released a monster, but i'm warry of Bitmain right now, considering we're seeing several problems with the S7, like issues that we had with the S5. (Stuff burning down when internet connection is lost)
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
January 10, 2016, 03:32:26 PM

Pages:
Jump to: