Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S7 Will not mine - page 2. (Read 2965 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
October 27, 2016, 08:09:29 PM
These were 2 S7s right out of a factory sealed box. Take a look at the screenshots. As you can see, it will not mine. It tries to but everything gets discarded. Strange. LOL, How do I add a pic here ?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
October 27, 2016, 12:23:03 AM
It will only get up to 5.22 GH/s and then stops

definitely an S7 with 4.73TH/s. It was mining that low because I believe it's screwed up

Okay, now I think we're both confused.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
October 27, 2016, 12:10:54 AM
What kind of S7 did you scrounge up that it "only" gets up to 5.22GH? The best stock model I know of defaults to I think 4.86TH
I wonder if it was running hot, or if it was a 600MHz model that got cranked to 700MHz and might have damaged the string regulator.
missed that part entirely
Ja. My s7 batch 1 (700mHz) and batch 5 (650mHz) routinely exceed that but all other batches hit closer to the 4.7 to 4.8 mark at stock speeds. God I love those 2. Very hungry but the b1 is normally over 5.6THs and the b5 close behind around 5.4. Amazing and with zero trouble  to-date
October 27, 2016, 12:10:33 AM
LOl, it's definitely an S7 with 4.73TH/s. It was mining that low because I believe it's screwed up. Well, I think I screwed up one or two of the 3 hashing boards. When it was working, I was getting 4.7TH/s. It never ran hot. I always adjusted fan speed to keep the temps at about 63 or so degrees or lower. Thanks guys !
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
October 26, 2016, 11:58:56 PM
What kind of S7 did you scrounge up that it "only" gets up to 5.22GH? The best stock model I know of defaults to I think 4.86TH
I wonder if it was running hot, or if it was a 600MHz model that got cranked to 700MHz and might have damaged the string regulator.
October 26, 2016, 11:48:05 PM
Thank you !! I actually have a BITMAIN APW3-12-1600-B2 but didn't have a 220v outlet where I wanted the miner to live. What I did was moved the miner near my breaker panel and tapped off the panel and got 220v for the BITMAIN PS to test the miner and see if it was because of the power supplies but I still have the same issue. I think I toasted the hash boards. If I did then I will be very disappointed as now I have two S7 with damaged hash boards. Is there any other ideas I can try ? Thanks for the support !!!
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
October 26, 2016, 11:06:46 PM
Still say it is PSU related since they are ran off of 110v. By and large the s7 and s9 miners do not like running off of multiple PSU's.

You might want to look into Sidehack's How to undervolt/clock the s7. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15298837
Can get an s7 down to ~ 800w and still running around 3.7THs. Perfect for your PSU's.
October 26, 2016, 10:25:45 PM
Hey Guys,

Having a little trouble with 2 Antminers S7. So, here is a little background info. I have a bunch of Antminers S5 and S4 that have been running for over a year with out any problems. I am slowly changing them out to S7 Antminers and possible some S9. Anyway, I have purchase 3 brand new S7, never used, factory sealed about a month ago. I have set 2 of them up and I am waiting for a power supply to get the 3rd one up. The two S7 miners were working fine until I decided to move their locations from one outlet to another. One of the Antminers powers up and mines perfectly and the other will not. It powers up fine and I am able to get into the web pages. It will start mining and then stop after 20 seconds. It will only get up to 5.22 GH/s and then stops to nothing. I put it aside for now and started using the 3rd S7 I had sitting around. The 3rd one was also working perfectly until I decided to move that one today and guess what ? The same exact thing happened with this miner. Boots up fine, fans spin, starts mining but doesn't get far and quits. I tried just about everything to get this miner up and running again. I factory defaulted it, I resent the latest Firmware to it and still same issue. I was reading online and saw a post about it being a power supply issue. I have 2 1200 watt power supplies per S7. One 1200 watt feeds 2 hash boards and the other 1200 watt feeds one hash board and the controller board. I don't think the power supplies would cause this as they did work fine at one point. Is it possible I have a bad batch of miners ? Has there been an issue with these hash boards ? Has this happened to anybody else ? I'm stating to think the hash boards got fried somehow. I am very disappointing that this not only happened to one unit, but two units. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!! 
Pages:
Jump to: