Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 not cleared by UPS Delhi? - page 2. (Read 3614 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 13
September 14, 2017, 10:32:16 PM
its getting worse and happeing Pan India

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21663490

its getting such a pain clearing them from cutoms.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 13, 2017, 08:02:19 AM
no nothing yet
any updates on this?... I am waiting for delivery from Innosilicon , I ordered their A4 Dominator...  Shocked
Activity: 647
Merit: 274
September 13, 2017, 07:49:10 AM
any updates on this?... I am waiting for delivery from Innosilicon , I ordered their A4 Dominator...  Shocked
September 12, 2017, 03:23:32 AM
Yes we are paying first world taxes in a third world country. Actually some of first world countries don't charge anything for this and others charge 5-12%. Besides paying import duty on a hardware your country doesn't produce is stupid and regressive.

Sad state of governance.

At least miners are not having to pay double tax like imported vehicles.
I just hope rahul gandhi imports some miners and finally raises enough capital to fight Modi and win an election and reduce these ridiculous prices.

lol

You never know if this is the issue with UPS or customs as DHL works fine with Miner and customs and atleast they dont get stuck,

yeah amount of Duty is ridiculous but you are importing a Money printing machine so you gotta give some share to Govt.

No?

No. Its my money printing machine not theirs. BC GST ke naam pe laga rakkha hai bamboo upar se aur do. bhak.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
September 12, 2017, 03:05:51 AM
Sad state of governance.

I just hope rahul gandhi imports some miners and finally raises enough capital to fight Modi and win an election and reduce these ridiculous prices.

lol

You never know if this is the issue with UPS or customs as DHL works fine with Miner and customs and atleast they dont get stuck,

yeah amount of Duty is ridiculous but you are importing a Money printing machine so you gotta give some share to Govt.

No?

No. Its my money printing machine not theirs. BC GST ke naam pe laga rakkha hai bamboo upar se aur do. bhak.
September 11, 2017, 09:22:15 PM
Sad state of governance.

lol

No?
www.V.systems
September 11, 2017, 04:15:01 PM
Sad state of governance.

lol
September 11, 2017, 11:15:16 AM
It is not the weight. They just said Bitcoin Miners are restricted in courier mode.

They will give me an update in 2-3 days

For anyone else wondering about the import duty in India  on Antminer S9, it is IGST 28% + BCD 10% + Cess 1% as of September 2017. So they are charging Rs 32027 around 42 % tax.
USD 1099 + freight charges of USD 74.18 = USD 1173.18
1173.18*64.90= Rs 76139

Well today they said Shipment landed in courier mode and asked me to share another declaration letter addressing to “Deputy Commissioner of Customs”, NCT, New Delhi, requesting customs for clearance and also asked to state end use, purpose of import of the imported article, (will update as it goes )

Well have you asked them why it cannot be imported in courier mode??

as per cbec" Packages upto 70 Kgs. of weight can be imported to India through courier mode. However, there is no such weight limit for export of goods through courier from India."

Also  "Commercial goods which are dutiable can also be imported through the courier without any restriction of quantity subject to payment of duty by the courier company at the time of clearance of the said goods from the Customs. "

source: http://www.cbec.gov.in/htdocs-cbec/js-menu/import-courier
September 11, 2017, 10:29:42 AM
Well today they said Shipment landed in courier mode and asked me to share another declaration letter addressing to “Deputy Commissioner of Customs”, NCT, New Delhi, requesting customs for clearance and also asked to state end use, purpose of import of the imported article, (will update as it goes )

Well have you asked them why it cannot be imported in courier mode??

as per cbec" Packages upto 70 Kgs. of weight can be imported to India through courier mode. However, there is no such weight limit for export of goods through courier from India."

Also  "Commercial goods which are dutiable can also be imported through the courier without any restriction of quantity subject to payment of duty by the courier company at the time of clearance of the said goods from the Customs. "

source: http://www.cbec.gov.in/htdocs-cbec/js-menu/import-courier
September 11, 2017, 06:51:04 AM
Lol yes DHL Fedex may work
Any updates dude? I was looking around and thinking of buying one... now im sitting on the fence  Huh

No need to sit on the fence. Sit on a chair. You can always use fedex, dpd or Dhl. They have no such issues.
www.V.systems
September 11, 2017, 06:47:00 AM
Any updates dude? I was looking around and thinking of buying one... now im sitting on the fence  Huh

No need to sit on the fence. Sit on a chair. You can always use fedex, dpd or Dhl. They have no such issues.
September 11, 2017, 03:50:39 AM
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 11, 2017, 01:55:36 AM
September 11, 2017, 12:34:54 AM
How may S9 ?
this is unheard of, it may be some internal policy of  UPS.
Plz keep us updated.
Good Luck
www.V.systems
September 09, 2017, 03:12:54 PM
I used UPS as shipping service and got this in mail after uploading KYC.
"Bitcoin Miner are restricted to import in courier mode hence cannot be cleared from customs"
What can I do?

They cannot do this. If they have an internal policy of not accepting miners then the origin port should have refused it.
Also, its a blatant lie if they tell you India's customs doesn't allow its import.

I also thought the same. Didn't have problems before. Will never use UPS again.

First clear out the current issue and provide more updates.
September 09, 2017, 01:00:06 PM
"Bitcoin Miner are restricted to import in courier mode hence cannot be cleared from customs"
What can I do?

They cannot do this. If they have an internal policy of not accepting miners then the origin port should have refused it.
Also, its a blatant lie if they tell you India's customs doesn't allow its import.

I also thought the same. Didn't have problems before. Will never use UPS again.
www.V.systems
September 09, 2017, 12:53:09 PM
What can I do?

September 09, 2017, 11:34:23 AM
Yes but they were not helpful and repeated the same line. Have emailed customer care(waiting for a response).
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 11:23:11 AM
Have you tried calling UPS office in India and asking them what they can do about it other than sending it back? Maybe its an internal policy within UPS to not clear it, and maybe they can give you the documents necessary to transfer their responsibility to you and you take up the burden of customs clearance? I think anything would be a better solution than having it sent back.
September 09, 2017, 11:05:16 AM
What can I do?

edited 4/10/2017

landed on 6th Sep  
cleared on 28th Sep  
received on 4th Oct    

Documents Required  :
  • KYC
  • Authorization
  • Declaration
  • Invoice
  • Transaction Details(used bank statement to buy btc and blockchain link for transaction )
  • Promise to Pay(PTP) to Shipping Company

import duty Rs 33290
Pages:
Jump to: