Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 SE Troubleshooting - page 2. (Read 283 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 2
December 31, 2023, 06:48:54 PM
Thank you.

I looked for what ever errors and failures I can find and some suggestions I've tried so far is a tear down of the miner and cleaning with a duster and brush and made sure all cables were firmly secured. I did a few resets and the miner continues to revert back to some idle state and RT GH/S continues to read 0. I haven't tried any kind of firmware update.

The log is too large and failed to post cause it exceeded the maximum, should I try to just split it in two parts?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 31, 2023, 04:25:25 PM
I'm getting the feeling I was sold a defective unit and can't be returned.
It may be possible it's something I'm doing wrong, or maybe can be diagnosed and repaired. Or at least find out what needs to be replaced and then decide what to do.

Here's the current status:
Enclosure outside with hatch closed:

Enclosure intake side:

Enclosure exhaust side:

Subpanel:

Miner OS miner status:

The miner has been running for almost 7 hours at the time of this post and still 0 real time hash, but the average has been slowly creeping up, but is about as much hash power as a CompacF USB miner.

In the status page all the ASIC chips are accounted for, but when I looked in the log, I have found some lines that mentioned bad temp readings and one error in there somewhere. I can't really decipher the log and trying to see if Bitman will help with diagnosing the log file.

The green signal light continues to flash like it is hashing. I have heard that ASICs take a while to start hashing, but I'm sure it's not supposed to take this long.

The enclosure, I tried my best to keep good airflow, it actually seems to be working despite not having two rooms for positive and negative pressure.
The picture showing the exhaust, there's a 6" duct there and a hole, I promise, there's just some dampening material.
The soundproofing however is garbage and should have invested in MLV and green glue, it's still sounds like a vacuum outside of the enclosure which is not working for everyone else. I tried to add more sound proofing by building a box to fit in the enclosure and the miner did not like being put in a box and I think overheated. Perhaps the design was poor and lacked proper air flow.

I read up on some things about making repairs, but I've also read posts here that repairs are not advised and will destroy the miner. Such as the thermal compound is an epoxy and not a paste and will likely tear off the chip if you try to remove a heat sink.
I would like to try to diagnose the problem and zero in on the fault.

post the logs.

set them in
Code:
 like this 

maybe i can figure out issue.
Activity: 23
Merit: 2
December 31, 2023, 03:43:38 AM
I'm getting the feeling I was sold a defective unit and can't be returned.
It may be possible it's something I'm doing wrong, or maybe can be diagnosed and repaired. Or at least find out what needs to be replaced and then decide what to do.

Here's the current status:
Enclosure outside with hatch closed:
https://talkimg.com/images/2023/12/31/IOzob.jpeg

Enclosure intake side:
https://talkimg.com/images/2023/12/31/IOoCf.jpeg

Enclosure exhaust side:
https://talkimg.com/images/2023/12/31/IOcOD.jpeg

Subpanel:
https://talkimg.com/images/2023/12/31/IOpWT.jpeg

Miner OS miner status:
https://talkimg.com/images/2023/12/31/IOe8m.jpeg

The miner has been running for almost 7 hours at the time of this post and still 0 real time hash, but the average has been slowly creeping up, but is about as much hash power as a CompacF USB miner.

In the status page all the ASIC chips are accounted for, but when I looked in the log, I have found some lines that mentioned bad temp readings and one error in there somewhere. I can't really decipher the log and trying to see if Bitman will help with diagnosing the log file.

The green signal light continues to flash like it is hashing. I have heard that ASICs take a while to start hashing, but I'm sure it's not supposed to take this long.

The enclosure, I tried my best to keep good airflow, it actually seems to be working despite not having two rooms for positive and negative pressure.
The picture showing the exhaust, there's a 6" duct there and a hole, I promise, there's just some dampening material.
The soundproofing however is garbage and should have invested in MLV and green glue, it's still sounds like a vacuum outside of the enclosure which is not working for everyone else. I tried to add more sound proofing by building a box to fit in the enclosure and the miner did not like being put in a box and I think overheated. Perhaps the design was poor and lacked proper air flow.

I read up on some things about making repairs, but I've also read posts here that repairs are not advised and will destroy the miner. Such as the thermal compound is an epoxy and not a paste and will likely tear off the chip if you try to remove a heat sink.
I would like to try to diagnose the problem and zero in on the fault.
Pages:
Jump to: