Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9's Hijacked-Need Help-Will Pay $$ To Reset-ASAP - page 2. (Read 980 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Yes, the first thing I tried. When I install it, after it's done, it returns an error page from the cgi-bin that says "incorrect firmware". Tried all versions on the Bitmain site. Apparently, whatever they did, doesn't allow me to overwrite what they put in.

The Kernel version is this.. obviously the wrong one. I need to get in there and completely overwrite the firmware. Start from scratch:

"Kernel Version   Linux 3.14.0-xilinx-gb190cb0-dirty #57 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 9 14:49:22 CST 2016"

Need to get in there and get it back to factory.

Anyone know if I can load it from the SD card and make it work?

Again, anyone who knows how to SSH into it and reload the factory firmware (and software?), I'll pay to get it done.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Activity: 117
Merit: 16
Did you just get these machines? Were they sold by Bitmain or secondhand/used?

You can try installing a new firmware image. Go to https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720161126080548570Q2tDBXAH065D and depending in which S9 machine you have, download the firmware. If it's not a static 14TH unit, then download the one at the bottom Antminer-S9-all-201708151137-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz.

Go to the miner's page under System tab -> Upgrade and under "Flash new firmware image" uncheck "Keep settings" and select the tar.gz firmware you downloaded.
Give it 5-7 minutes and then see if you can enter your pool info.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Last night, I powered down my two S9's. When I powered back up, they were configured to point to a viabtc pool. When I tried to change them, I could no longer get it to stick. When I clicked on "Miner Status" it would stay on the Configuration page. Both machines. I tried re-installing the firmware, but neither machine would take it.

Now I"m stuck, leaving these powered down until I can get the firmwere/software reinstalled. Tried resetting, all that. Nothing helps.

Is there a way to reinstall the software or whatever they did to this?

I'm working on learning how to SSH into it, but don't what to do once I'm in.

I'll be happy to pay a good price if someone can get me back up and running asap.

PM me if you can help. Obviously, time is of the essence.

Thanks. Dave
Pages:
Jump to: